Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Talk of UDS v Altior in the Tingle Creek?
    Love Altior but a good UDS on the day surely wins.?

Minella Rocco also goes for the Gold Cup this year, he's out next week to

Also read Kim Bailey aiming The Last Samuari for the National again but my not be out until Xmas.

Seen pics of Faugheen out galloping today looking good.

Was a lot of fuss made about Melon last season but is he anything real special? I don't think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Altior all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I picked up the Racing Post 'Jumpers to Follow' 2017-18 season. An interesting read alright but a bit steep at €11.
    Some notes:
    W P Mullins - "Getabird could easily be a Supreme horse given what he showed us in bumpers. Bacardys, Battleford and C'est Jersey will go chasing. Lets Dance, Limini and Augusta Kate (impressive summer development) to target mares hurdles. Nichols Canyon and Penhill to target the Stayers Hurdle. Melon has matured over the summer and will stay hurdling. No plans made for Crack Mome, Cilaos Emery, Bellshill or Bunk off Early. Similar campaign to last year for Un De Sceaux. A mixed hurdles/chase campaign for Vroum Vroum. No decision on distance for Douvan yet. Faugheen looks superb and goes to the Morgiana or Hattons Grace. Min is in great shape."

Gordon Elliott: " Mares hurdle route for Apples Jade. Fayonagh schooling fantastic and targets the mares novice hurdle. Samcro could be anything in novice hurdles. Poli Roi will be better this season over a longer trip. The Storyteller remains exciting. Sutton Place goes novice chasing. Outlander starts in the JN Wine Chase. Mick Jazz will win a big handicap hurdle after being pulled from the County on the morning of. Blow by Blow and Lucky Pass are novice hurdlers."

Nicky Henderson: "Looking for an easy prep race before the King George for Might Bite. Altior starts in the Tingle Creek. L'ami Serge goes the Stayers Hurdle route. Very happy with novice hurdler Jenkins and hoping he's back this season but too soon to say. Charli Parcs is top class. Dame de Compagnie, Countister and Melangarie are McManus horses and are the most gorgeous mares Ive seen"

Others: "Defi Du Seuil is Champion Hurdle bound and starts at the Showcase meeting then Fighting Fifth" - Philip Hobbs
    "Yanworth goes novice chasing at two and half miles-plus. Sceau Royal also to go chasing" Alan King

Thanks, any talk on Yorkhill?

Mr321 wrote: »
    Talk of UDS v Altior in the Tingle Creek?
    Love Altior but a good UDS on the day surely wins.?

Minella Rocco also goes for the Gold Cup this year, he's out next week to

Also read Kim Bailey aiming The Last Samuari for the National again but my not be out until Xmas.

Seen pics of Faugheen out galloping today looking good.

Was a lot of fuss made about Melon last season but is he anything real special? I don't think so...

Thing with Melon he needed to grow out, theres improvement to come plus he wasn't seen till 2nd half of last season so was a bit rushed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Mullins never gives much away about the plans for the horses.

The talked of Yorkhill being a gold cup horse there when he won at Cheltenham.
    I wouldn't back him in it with that side ways jumping on 3m2f.
    Would cost him way to much time.
    2m is enough for him.

Be nice to see Thistlecrack back but he would necerr have got near Sizing John in the Gold Cup 😆😆😆

First Cheltenham Antepost bet

Kesselring for the Supreme Novice @ 50/1 ew

Been told this is the early Mullins standout for the race. Been bought from the Richard Hannon yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

madmoose wrote: »
    Thanks, any talk on Yorkhill?

He doesnt know what to do yet. Not ruling out a Champion Hurdle bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

madmoose wrote: »
    Thing with Melon he needed to grow out, theres improvement to come plus he wasn't seen till 2nd half of last season so was a bit rushed for me.

I was sure he was going chasing. Talk of the Champion i believe which is wishful thinking from them.

First Cheltenham Antepost bet

Been told this is the early Mullins standout for the race. Been bought from the Richard Hannon yard.

Interesting seeing as everyone is going on about that Annamix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Powers only offering 33's but that's hardly surprising

Skybet 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Gumball looks like a machine if he can sharpen up on his jumping.

Samcro and petit mouchoir hold maiden hurdle/ beginners chaser entry Wednesday.

You can get nrnb our duke 6/1 skybet in the specials section. Id rather that than 10/1 8/1 others without nrnb at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

US Army Ranger for the Grand National but he needs a bog ;)

Petit Mouchoir making its debut over fences in Punchestown..

Should be interesting

Minella Rocco, Samcro, Death Duty, Road To Respect and Sub Lieutenant declared for tomorrow

Read good things about that bumper horse Felix Desjy tomorrow in the last at Punch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Minella Rocco, Samcro, Death Duty, Road To Respect and Sub Lieutenant declared for tomorrow

wouldnt be surprised to see death duty bet tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Just Milly one to keep an eye on ,ridden by Bowen as if he didn't want to win too snugly and ruin her mark and he got her beat. She'll win a few.

Petit Mouchoir making its debut over fences in Punchestown..

Should be interesting

Nothing wrong with that debut today
    Bookies have already cut it for the Arkle in March :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

akelly02 wrote: »
    wouldnt be surprised to see death duty bet tomorrow

Horses can bet now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Nice performance form Petit Mouchoir today. Himself v Cilaos Emery at Christmas will be a good race. Ireland's leading Arkle contenders those two.

Nothing wrong with that debut today
    Bookies have already cut it for the Arkle in March :cool:

He was slick and tidy. Small enough frame to my eyes for fences but so far so good.

Great nh card tomorrow for this early in the season

I'll be taking Death Duty on today with Harringtons yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

That 4:10 at Punch is like a mini gold cup. One of the best early season races ive seen in many years

Slattsy wrote: »
    Horses can bet now?

funny

aidankkk wrote: »
    That 4:10 at Punch is like a mini gold cup. One of the best early season races ive seen in many years

doubt minella rocco will be straight enough to win 1st time out

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    funny

Laying himself :)

Advertisement