Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Is Fayonah staying in training? Was watching replays of the festival, her last to first win was one of the highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

BumperD wrote:
    Is Fayonah staying in training? Was watching replays of the festival, her last to first win was one of the highlights

Plan is to run in a maiden hurdle in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

BumperD wrote:

Elliot says Mares novive hurdle is the long term plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Didn't think jezki would handle that ground. Is he back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Seriously impressive from Jezki. Far better race than his return win last year. Class horse. Class. Easy horse to love

• Advertisement

Likely primed to pick up early season prize money before the big guns come out. A good strategy that is replicated every year for older horses coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

BumperD wrote: »
    Likely primed to pick up early season prize money before the big guns come out. A good strategy that is replicated every year for older horses coming back

That's a cracking point BD, I'll try and watch for that in future.
    Will be interesting to see how Jezki does this year though, while I'm intrigued by your observation...he was a special horse who If gets back to 80% of his former glory would still be a magnificent animal.

The wraps come off Death Duty today. Starts his chasing career. Head carriage reminds be of dedigout so hope he's better than he was over the bigger ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Seeing people backing him for the festival is silly, just don't think he will ever appreciate good ground but will do well in Ireland building up to the spring.

BumperD wrote:

Entered in a Maiden Hurdle in Fairyhouse on Saturday

• Advertisement

Lost me short on DD last year on the back of Gordon saying he was his best horse in training....
    Also lost me other shirt on Harry tho!

Jezki out over the weekend, DD out today, Tombstone and Fayonagh out this week....its coming lads, its coming!!

Proper racing is back!!! :)

Has Cue Card another charlie chase in him?
    Surely not....

surely....................

You'd want balls on ye like a bengali tiger to ride Death Duty over fences

Better to be brave over a few i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

You'd want balls on ye like a bengali tiger to ride Death Duty over fences

Better to be brave over a few i suppose

that lad will not be winning at cheltenham anyway, why is he so hyped when he has delivered nothing so far in his career. Elliot has been creaming over him for 2 years now. Looks as slow as a boat to me

akelly02 wrote: »
    that lad will not be winning at cheltenham anyway, why is he so hyped when he has delivered nothing so far in his career. Elliot has been creaming over him for 2 years now. Looks as slow as a boat to me

Yeah the horse does look really really slow.. Russell was at fault for the mishap at the last too.. Slowed the horse right down and gave him a right look at it

Yeah the horse does look really really slow.. Russell was at fault for the mishap at the last too.. Slowed the horse right down and gave him a right look at it

decent horse but not top drawer for me. Augusta Kate had his measure last year over hurdles and shes no world beater.

Entered in a Maiden Hurdle in Fairyhouse on Saturday

I can see it now, wins on the bridle, then again in novice company, then graded, made 5/4 fav for mares novice in March and on the Sunday before festival gets declared for the supreme novice backed at 100's on exchanges. Q chaos. :)

akelly02 wrote: »

Agreed
    Looked more Don Poli than Don Cossack to me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Lads try think back to Don't Cossacks earlier Novice hurdle and chase campaigns. Gordon was right then and I suspect he will be again.

Lads try think back to Don't Cossacks earlier Novice hurdle and chase campaigns. Gordon was right then and I suspect he will be again.

He might win the 4 miler not quick enough on good ground for anything else

• Advertisement

Just watched the death duty race. Made mistake at 5th then went on. The race was more a schooling for 2 circuits between the first two home. It was clear the rest of the field bar inis mean had zero interest after the first fence. I still do not like his really low head carriage, he made a horlicks of the last when put under minimal pressure by an average opponent.

BumperD wrote:
    I can see it now, wins on the bridle, then again in novice company, then graded, made 5/4 fav for mares novice in March and on the Sunday before festival gets declared for the supreme novice backed at 100's on exchanges. Q chaos.

Elliott just confirmed her for the 1.45 in Fairyhouse on Saturday with Russell on board

Elliott just confirmed her for the 1.45 in Fairyhouse on Saturday with Russell on board

Opponents look weak other than myslogin/poet power. Should be interesting debut!!

Coney Island on the way back

http://www.attheraces.com/news/2017/October/05/eddie-harty-happy-to-bide-time-with-fit-again-coney-island

"Trainer Eddie Harty is in no rush to firm up plans for stable star Coney Island's seasonal reappearance.

The JP McManus-owned six-year-old struck at the highest level in the Drinmore Novice Chase at Fairyhouse last season before splitting Our Duke and Disko at Leopardstown over the festive period.

While Jessica Harrington's Our Duke went on to destroy his rivals in the Irish Grand National and the Noel Meade-trained Disko struck twice in Grade One events, Coney Island missed the second half of the campaign through injury, b ut Harty reports his charge in rude health following a summer break.

"He's working away and is in great form and looks fantastic," said the Pollardstown-based trainer.

"We haven't made any definite plans for him just yet.

"I was chatting to Frank (Berry, owner's racing manager) about it on Tuesday and we said we wouldn't make any cast-iron decisions until he's closer to a run. We don't want to tie ourselves down to anything at this stage.

"I couldn't be happier with the horse and I'm hoping he'll be ready to run around November time.

"We can look at races from two and a half to three miles and we'll see how we go."

Coney Island is a best priced 33-1 for next year's Cheltenham Gold Cup."

I like Coney alot but now im wondering if he may end up a Ryanair horse rather than a GC who they will have Minella Rocco prepped for that again.

Sceau Royal could be a novice chaser bound for good things after today

Tombstone in the Beginners Chase
    Shattered Love in the Mares Beginners Chase entered up for Fairyhouse tomorrow

Gordon Elliott stable tour done by Kevin Blake up on the At The Races website now.. Decent read

I was wondering what happened to Outlander the back end of the season and he had a kissing spine. Had him a decent ew at Punchestown and ran awful so that's probably why.

• Advertisement

Mega Fortune presented with a simple opportunity here in the first at Limerick.

Advertisement