Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Anyone know if there has been any more updates on Great Field? Will he run before Cheltenham? Or will he run this season at all even?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

FatRat wrote: »
    Anyone know if there has been any more updates on Great Field? Will he run before Cheltenham? Or will he run this season at all even?
    Out till the Spring Kevin Blake said on the FFP a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Limini will miss the jumps season, will be in RP tomorrow.
    She should be back to have a flat campaign in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

kfallon wrote:
    Limini will miss the jumps season, will be in RP tomorrow. She should be back to have a flat campaign in the summer

The same flat campaign that he always mentioned for Annie Power?

One micky mouse run for blacktype and retirement at best I'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I’d back Let’s Dance 10/1 coral ew small for the Mares in the hope Apple’s Jade makes a late switch to the stayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

madmoose wrote: »
    I’d back Let’s Dance 10/1 coral ew small for the Mares in the hope Apple’s Jade makes a late switch to the stayers.

She'll run in the stayers but it'll be at Punchestown. Absolutely zero chance she goes for the 3 miler at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mick Jazz isn't the worst each way bet in the world at 33/1 in the Champion Hurdle. You'd think he'd be a definite runner in it after his win the last day and I don't think Faugheen will run. A lot of the horses ahead of him in the betting probably wont run either. Buveur D'air will probably cruise it but Mick Jazz might pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Johner wrote: »
    Mick Jazz isn't the worst each way bet in the world at 33/1 in the Champion Hurdle. You'd think he'd be a definite runner in it after his win the last day and I don't think Faugheen will run. A lot of the horses ahead of him in the betting probably wont run either. Buveur D'air will probably cruise it but Mick Jazz might pick up the pieces.

Any particular reason why you would go with MJ over Wicklow Brave, also 33s?
    33s looks massive about the latter for me.. if of course he runs. Can't find a quote on his plans at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Thistlecrack done for the season (small stress fracture)

• Advertisement

Any particular reason why you would go with MJ over Wicklow Brave, also 33s?
    33s looks massive about the latter for me.. if of course he runs. Can't find a quote on his plans at all.

I wouldn't put anyone off Wicklow Brave either at the prices, he went straight there last year without a run so you'd imagine they might do similar this year, ran a cracker as well after what happened at the start. I just prefer the more progressive profile of Mick Jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Thistlecrack done for the season (small stress fracture)

goodnight irene

Death Duty out for the season as well.

Death Duty out for the season as well.

So the bad placing unfortunately backfires.. Ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Wow some antepost punters taking a fair hit today. Thislecrack, Limini and Death Duty, this is why bookies love antepost betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

danganabu wrote: »
    Wow some antepost punters taking a fair hit today. Thislecrack, Limini and Death Duty, this is why bookies love antepost betting.

Yet some punters seem to love it and continually back horses at similar prices to what they'll be on the day if they turn up. Mental imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Yet some punters seem to love it and continually back horses at similar prices to what they'll be on the day if they turn up. Mental imo.

Yep, not adverse to an antepost bet, but it really has to be super +ev for me to contemplate it, another huge factor which some punters dont seem to allow for when placing antepost bets for the festival is the expansion of the festival and the amount of options a horse will have, some of the antepost prices I have seen should nearly be that price for the horse to actually run in that race as opposed to win it.

NRNB is another thing altogether though and I have dipped my toe into a few over last week. Douvan @ 7/1 NRNB for the QMCC is insane value when we consider that a) Mullins wont run him unless he thinks he is 100% or pretty close and b) it is a race that repeatedly cuts up massively and will likely have a single figure field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

With others mentioning a big ew on the previous page for the CH i would choose Chitbello at 50/1. Form ties in with MTOY and TNO over the years and wasn’t far off them in the International having a come back from an injury last spring. If can get even a place bet on the exchange i might look at him.

My Tent Or Years is the pricewise selection in tomorrows Racing Post for the CH.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Watch those 16/1 left get plummeted to 8s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

My Tent Or Years is the pricewise selection in tomorrows Racing Post for the CH.

He is 2 years too late . Mtoy probably can't be out of the 3 all the same but is too short for antepost.

I'm waiting patiently fir Jessie to cop on the Jezki can run in the Champion and get placed . As soon as there is a nrnb price I'll be partaking . Run behind faugheen was a lot better than it looked on ground that won't suit him .

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Has Limini been confirmed as being ruled out?

Powers now NRNB on ALL RACES at Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

aidankkk wrote: »
    He is 2 years too late . Mtoy probably can't be out of the 3 all the same but is too short for antepost.

I'm waiting patiently fir Jessie to cop on the Jezki can run in the Champion and get placed . As soon as there is a nrnb price I'll be partaking . Run behind faugheen was a lot better than it looked on ground that won't suit him .

Totally agree.
    Jezki's runs this year have been a huge improvement on last few years. Definitely not a 3m horse anymore tho.
    Still relatively young. A cert to place in the CH if the machine doesnt run for me.

On that note, its there a more likeable horse in training than Jezki

What a bloody legend of a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

No surprise to see Finians Oscar back to hurdles

Mr321 wrote:
    No surprise to see Finians Oscar back to hurdles

Could run a decent race in the Stayers Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Could run a decent race in the Stayers Hurdle

If it was this time last year I'd say yes, will see how he runs the end of this month but I think Tizzard jumped the gun with the horse, hopefully they haven't destroyed him. Like you read that RP article and have to laugh at what he plans to do with him maybe even go back to fences he says. To late in the season to be at that its not a class 4 horse

Willoughby Court shows up in that race he could be the one.

I'm still happy with my bet on Supasundae ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

I think benatar is a good thing for that JLT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I'm still happy with my bet on Supasundae ;)

What price did you get Krusty?

Advertisement