Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,447 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think anyone backing Faugheen at 5/1 or whatever now is crazy. Istabraq was a better horse than it, yet it couldn't come back after a lay off to win the Champion Hurdle at 10. Faugheen will be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Shemale wrote: »
    Was looking at him myself, though they used My Tent as a pacesetter last year which drove me up the wall.

No they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Anyone know anything on the JP Mc Manus horse Uxizandre that's with Alan King?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Think anyone backing Faugheen at 5/1 or whatever now is crazy. Istabraq was a better horse than it, yet it couldn't come back after a lay off to win the Champion Hurdle at 10. Faugheen will be no different.

While I could almost understand people backing him at that price NRNB, backing Faugheen at 5/1 ante post is just lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    While I could almost understand people backing him at that price NRNB, backing Faugheen at 5/1 ante post is just lunacy.

Not as bad as people backing it at 5/2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

lemush wrote: »
    No they didn't.

I stand corrected, I remember he was in the box seat a couple of times before the Champion to keep the pace honest for Yanworth and I already had my money down on him for the Champion.

Hard to know what the connections will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Motivator wrote: »
    If you look at what he beat though: Jezki is more or less finished, especially over 2 Miles. Campeador is a glorified handicapper and I don’t think that race can be used to prove that he was “back”. It was a good performance insofar as he didn’t blow up or fall.

The sectionals from the morgiana were very impressive, so it's not a question of what he beat but one of how he was on the clock.

Does anyone have experience of what security is like in leopardstown? How plausible is it that someone could have got to him from a logistical perspective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

All of Mullins top animals that ran over the Christmas were flat, some more than others and Faugheen is probably the most fragile of the lot. Paul Townend even commented that Lets Dance was strangely flat even though she won.

So I think it's far more likely there is something amiss in closutton as opposed to horses being 'got at' or all of WPMs suddenly not being good enough. Time will tell but I suspect last week's results will end up with a big line through them.

danganabu wrote: »
    All of Mullins top animals that ran over the Christmas were flat, some more than others and Faugheen is probably the most fragile of the lot. Paul Townend even commented that Lets Dance was strangely flat even though she won.

So I think it's far more likely there is something amiss in closutton as opposed to horses being 'got at' or all of WPMs suddenly not being good enough. Time will tell but I suspect last week's results will end up with a big line through them.

It was obvious there was something amiss a few days ago as they were either running flat or just not seeing out their races, probably a virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

With the weight allowance I think Dame Rose is a cracking bet at the prices in the Challow Hurdle today

• Advertisement

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    With the weight allowance I think Dame Rose is a cracking bet at the prices in the Challow Hurdle today

Good shout, think the step up will suit and has won in heavy, Kilbricken looks decent hopefully the weight makes the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Dame Rose has won on hvy but that was a soft race and don’t fancy the idea of her trying to make all down that long punishing Newbury straight. Money for the O’Brien horse but Kilbricken Storm the likeliest winner for me.

Would add though that I’d like Tizzard to be in better form to be having more than a smallish bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Native River Denman chase ahead of tilt at Gold Cup

If Footpad heads to the Arkle who would you like to see take the ride?

Someone from Mullins camp or Jacob?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Mr321 wrote: »

Willie could ride him and he'd still win going by his jumping so far ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Ruby will ride, he has first call. Then Jacob, then Townend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Jacob is retained rider for the owners. He will definitely be riding him

I suppose it'll depend on what race Seau Royal goes for??

Mgoraf wrote: »

He's retained in England. Ruby has first call on any horse they own trained by Mullins. There was a similar arrangement with Geraghty when he was Henderson's stable jockey. BJG rode Peace And Co to win the Triumph with Jacob on Top Notch. Ruby will be riding Footpad if he is available and wants to ride.

Didn’t in last years Champ Hurdle anyway.

• Advertisement

I don't remember Jacob riding theirs over here, it would be bizarre to jock one of Mullins riders off who know the horse so Jacob can have it.

Shemale wrote: »
    I don't remember Jacob riding theirs over here, it would be bizarre to jock one of Mullins riders off who know the horse so Jacob can have it.

Jacobs ridden Footpad 4 or 5 times on Irish soil.

Unless he has a ride the same day in the UK for the same owners he hasn't ridden Footpad from what I can see.

Jacobs ridden Footpad 4 or 5 times on Irish soil.

Unless he has a ride the same day in the UK for the same owners he hasn't ridden Footpad from what I can see.

Jacob has only ridden him when Ruby preferred Nichols Canyon or was out injured. Like I've said the order on who rides is Ruby, Jacob, Townend.

Anyone know if De Bromhead has given any update on Petit Mouchoir? Still prominent in Arkle betting but hard to see him going there without at least one prior run.

Samcro gone for a walk in the market for the Lawlors Hurdle on Sunday..

Hope he runs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Samcro gone for a walk in the market for the Lawlors Hurdle on Sunday..

Hope he runs
    Scoped dirty. Goes to Leop in Feb

The Mig wrote: »
    Scoped dirty. Goes to Leop in Feb

Shame. Wonder will he run in the 2m or 2m6f Grade One novices at Leop.. Or the Irish Champion Hurdle perhaps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Shame. Wonder will he run in the 2m or 2m6f Grade One novices at Leop.. Or the Irish Champion Hurdle perhaps...

All three and won't come off the bridle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Shame that, really excited by Samcro. Twitter enraged as expected. Anyone catch the drift? 4/9 to 2/1 I think I saw on Twitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone know what the story with Penhill is? Last update was he'd be seen in second half of the season and Stayers route was for him but that was mid October and not heard anything since.

Advertisement