Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Would it be possible Finians Oscar goes back over hurdles?

Very possible surely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Coney Island won’t be making a winning comeback if the betting is to be believed, drifting like a barge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Death Duty v Footpad is on !! Boom!! That fux the hot pot ACCA

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

I see the plan for finians is to go 3m with headgear on. If his jumping improves he could be lethal. That burst of speed from Coney island was incredible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I see the plan for finians is to go 3m with headgear on. If his jumping improves he could be lethal. That burst of speed from Coney island was incredible.

2nd fell in a hole wouldnt go overboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Still showed great gears tbh, very nice comeback performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

I agree but it's a nice comeback after nearly a year out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

How good is that 5/2 antepost price on Faugheen looking now guys?

You should have listened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Motivator wrote: »

Must be great knowing he'd be pulled up today.

For all your foresight, you named yourself one of the worst Derby winners of all time.

Worst poster on Boards too.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Must be great knowing he'd be pulled up today.

For all your foresight, you named yourself one of the worst Derby winners of all time.

Worst poster on Boards too.

You’re welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

You’re welcome

I took 6s on Faugheen btw.

Thought I was winning. Balls anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Anyone taking any sort of pleasure from seeing that today can fcuk right off imo and you are not a racing fan, for absolute shame :mad:

danganabu wrote: »
    Anyone taking any sort of pleasure from seeing that today can fcuk right off imo and you are not a racing fan, for absolute shame :mad:

When did I say I took pleasure from what happened today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

When did I say I took pleasure from what happened today?

You didn’t.

Not sure we will see the machine again. Unless it was just an off day. But machines don’t have off days....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

He’s a nice price now and if he does turn up he will be surely ready to go

BumperD wrote: »
    You didn’t.

Not sure we will see the machine again. Unless it was just an off day. But machines don’t have off days....

When you look back at different horses down through the years who have been off for as long as Faugheen was, how many have come back to anything like their best? Very few, if any. I don’t think we’ll see him again being honest. When he was on song he was unbeatable and just electrifying to watch but I’ve been saying it for a while, there’s just no way he could ever come back to the level he was at before his layoff.

We’ve had horses down through the years that had different problems and although they were never serious enough to retire the horses, they were enough to keep them out for months at a time and they just couldn’t be got back to any sort of high level (not that they were high class to begin with) and it’s not so much the injury itself that’s against Faugheen, it’s his age. Any sort of knock or twinge now will affect him in a big way. He’s a huge horse, he’s turning 10 and was off for a year. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know he was never going to return to the top - no matter how good he was in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

a590944cdf7020f5ba6ed9ca160f702b.png

His comeback run was highly impressive though which gave grounds for hope he retained plenty of ability, unlike thistlecrack for example. Anyone writing him off after that first run was doing so based on a lack of evidence as the horse seemed near 100%.

Let’s see what the days and weeks ahead bring.

My god if that happened.......

BumperD wrote: »
    His comeback run was highly impressive though which gave grounds for hope he retained plenty of ability, unlike thistlecrack for example. Anyone writing him off after that first run was doing so based on a lack of evidence as the horse seemed near 100%.

Let’s see what the days and weeks ahead bring.

If you look at what he beat though: Jezki is more or less finished, especially over 2 Miles. Campeador is a glorified handicapper and I don’t think that race can be used to prove that he was “back”. It was a good performance insofar as he didn’t blow up or fall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

I said this after the Morgiana, Faugheen needs 3 miles and a fence, and Melon wins the Champion Hurdle.

It was the visual impression he left, putting the field to the sword swinging around the home bend on that first run back, jeski is not a donkey 155 rating, either is swamp fox another couple dozen lengths back , Campeador I’ve never really rated but sure he was 1,800 lengths back so he didn’t matter.

All conjecture at this stage. He’s possibly gonzo but hopefully not.

More nonsense from that clown, how is he still in a job? Does anyone actually listen to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Christ on a bike, maybe all of Mullins horses that didn't run to par were also got at :rolleyes:

If you look at what he beat though: Jezki is more or less finished, especially over 2 Miles. Campeador is a glorified handicapper and I don’t think that race can be used to prove that he was “back”. It was a good performance insofar as he didn’t blow up or fall.

Why does the opposition matter so much, he looked superb the way he travelled and quickened

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Shemale wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, maybe all of Mullins horses that didn't run to par were also got at :rolleyes:

The less said about Johnny Ward the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

:pac:

Have heard plenty of sh1te, even for some of the stuff you'd read on here, those comments take the biscuit.

We need SRFC’s thoughts on the machine today.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I actually think Jezki is this years mtoy and a good ground fast ch is what he needs . Just have to convince Jessie . I'll be hitting the 80/1 ew nrnb if that is still there when the nrnb comes .

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    I actually think Jezki is this years mtoy and a good ground fast ch is what he needs . Just have to convince Jessie . I'll be hitting the 80/1 ew nrnb if that is still there when the nrnb comes .

Was looking at him myself, though they used My Tent as a pacesetter last year which drove me up the wall.

Advertisement