Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

madmoose wrote: »
    He has been hyped and a let down but Charli Parcs caught the eye in the betfair hurdle a long way before not picking up on bad ground. Could be one for the county?

Was thinking the same he had an inexperienced amateur on board too. The betfair and coral hurdles will throw up plenty of winners

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

BumperD wrote: »
    Was thinking the same he had an inexperienced amateur on board too. The betfair and coral hurdles will throw up plenty of winners

Not an amateur, very accomplished. Think Charli Parcs is a bit of a hound myself.

lemush wrote: »
    Not an amateur, very accomplished. Think Charli Parcs is a bit of a hound myself.

He’s a clarimer with 3 recorded wins to his name? Hardly tony McCoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

And you still have it wrong :D He has a very good strike rate and 14 wins in just over two season, his strike rate for Henderson (his boss) is over 25%.

Inexperienced yes but not an amatuer and a very promising jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

He has 14 jumps wins to his name from 70 rides including bumpers. Had over 70 rides on the flat before that. Hardly an amateur as you stated.

• Advertisement

Haha had it filtered to flat. He has 17 wins all codes. Still hardly tony McCoy :D
    In any event, focusing on the horse rather than the jockey, he was promising early in career but early to write him off at 5

We’re about to enter squeaky bum time for the festival in terms of which horses will make it who will not as their work is stepped up. Anyone holding ap dockets hold on tight could be a turbulent couple of weeks ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

We’re about to enter squeaky bum time for the festival in terms of which horses will make it who will not as their work is stepped up. Anyone holding ap dockets hold on tight could be a turbulent couple of weeks ....

Can’t get any worse than last season when loads died or got injury nearly each week for about 8 weeks building up to Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Our Duke possibly to.run in the he Red Mills chase this weekend at Gowran. You would wonder why

Disko out of Cheltenham, was touch and go having not been seen for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Mr321 wrote: »
    Our Duke possibly to.run in the he Red Mills chase this weekend at Gowran. You would wonder why

Confidence builder. If he can jump around Gowran he will jump anywhere. Gowran have the most difficult fences in the country and the result won’t be the concern for Jessie, his jumping will be. If he jumps around but gets done for pace over 2m 5f they won’t care. This is the perfect prep for the horse and for anyone out to back him I’d be wary of steaming in. He won’t be given a hard race at all it’s effectively going to be a competitive schooling session for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

Douvan also entered for the Red Mills Chase on Saturday. Please God that he will run!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Douvan also entered for the Red Mills Chase on Saturday. Please God that he will run!

Vroum Vroum Mag has an entry for Navan on Sunday too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I HAVE A DDREEEAAMMM.......

I have a dream ..... that VVM somehow rediscovers the magic, hacks up Sunday, get entry for CH with mares allowance and beats BD by a short head to cause the upset of upsets and write herself into history as one of the great mares of our time....

I HAVE A DDRREEEAAAAMMMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I see Stay Humble is finally down to run in the Bumper in Navan on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

I HAVE A DDREEEAAMMM.......

I have a dream ..... that VVM somehow rediscovers the magic, hacks up Sunday, get entry for CH with mares allowance and beats BD by a short head to cause the upset of upsets and write herself into history as one of the great mares of our time....

I HAVE A DDRREEEAAAAMMMMM

Starting to think you're the Racing Blogger...or at least inspired by him.

I am excited to see Douvan again, much more than I was for Faugheen.

Personally still dont expect to see Douvan or VVM until Punchestown

Be very interesting to see who went where if they were back

RP tweeting that Douvan being aimed at the Ryanair not the QMCC

Out of all the above mentioned you know who I'd be looking forward to seeing the most Bellshill.

Funny ol sort Bellshill

Had had stages in his career where he looked a potential star, then always comes to an abrupt halt

Still have faith tho, if in the right race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Funny ol sort Bellshill

Had had stages in his career where he looked a potential star, then always comes to an abrupt halt

Still have faith tho, if in the right race

He'll absolutely piss up somewhere off 148. He hammered Balko des Flos in his beginners chase. I hope WP has his eye on the Irish National for him and stick to hurdles with him until then.

• Advertisement

The new one and Defi De seuil scratched from champion hurdle

He'll absolutely piss up somewhere off 148. He hammered Balko des Flos in his beginners chase. I hope WP has his eye on the Irish National for him and stick to hurdles with him until then.

Bells has an entry for Aintree national to I see but yes would love to see him in the Irish one

The new one and Defi De seuil scratched from champion hurdle

Said it on the Opposite View forum recently that I'd fear the CH will be a 2 place market come the day as a lot of the entered 5 year olds will be out of it to. Hope its not
    Question is will Defi be at Cheltenham at all or where's next?

Sceau Royal confirmed for the Arkle by Alan King

Mr321 wrote: »
    Said it on the Opposite View forum recently that I'd fear the CH will be a 2 place market come the day as a lot of the entered 5 year olds will be out of it to. Hope its not
    Question is will Defi be at Cheltenham at all or where's next?

Last yrs triumph looking more ragged by the day nothing has really come out of it that I can think off the top of my head

Last few years the Triumphs have collapsed retrospectively

Ivanovic in particular has just nosedived

Defi looks similar now. This time last year Defi and Death Duty were all the rage pre cheltenham along with Neon Wolf

Sceau Royal confirmed for the Arkle by Alan King

I am starting to get squeaky bum re Footpad.

If he doesn't win, i may take a match to my wallet

S Royale is going to get a lovely tow in that Arkle, whether he wins is another matter but race will suit.

I see Gordon had Cause of Causes, Tiger Roll and Bless the Wings over in Cheltenham schooling them on the Cross Country Course today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

I see Gordon had Cause of Causes, Tiger Roll and Bless the Wings over in Cheltenham schooling them on the Cross Country Course today

That's the tricast.

Advertisement