Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

A 3 to 5 day course, that's fcuking hilarious. Must be seriously intensive! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just read through the 'about autism' and 'successful cases' sections. Am sitting here. Fcuking. Speechless.

Parasites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They distill all their knowledge into the smallest quantities possible. That way it's more effective.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

A 3 to 5 day course, that's fcuking hilarious. Must be seriously expensive! :-)

FYP...

Ever see the Mitchell & Webb Homoeopathy A&E? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Neyite wrote: »
    FYP...

Ever see the Mitchell & Webb Homoeopathy A&E? :D

They have it spot on in fairness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Up to now I considered it somewhat challenging to be involved in debate with SOME . What I have witnessed in the last number of posts demeans the meaning of "Debate" signing off now , and no loss to anyone ,I know .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

And there's the usual response I've come to expect from antivaxxers - when presented with evidence retreat. Insists Regret is not antivax but absolutely no response to Roma's involvement so quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

mountai wrote: »
    Up to now I considered it somewhat challenging to be involved in debate with SOME . What I have witnessed in the last number of posts demeans the meaning of "Debate" signing off now , and no loss to anyone ,I know .

You have not contributed a single fact to this discussion, you have told us to google it.... If I go to respectable organisations such as the WHO or CDC, they outline why the hpv vaccine is safe and constantly being monitored. So here's some credible sources on why the hpv vaccine is safe. These are facts, you have not utilised facts.
    Are HPV vaccines safe?

Yes. All three HPV vaccines – Gardasil 9, Gardasil, and Cervarix – are safe, effective, and recommended by CDC. Many studies have looked at the safety of HPV vaccines in the United States. An overview of these studies can be found on the vaccine safety publications page.

Vaccines, like any medicine, can have side effects. Some people who get an HPV vaccine have no side effects at all. Some people report having mild side effects, like a sore arm from the shot for a day or two. The most common side effects are usually mild and go away on their own.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/hpv/hpv-safety-faqs.html

Human papillomavirus vaccines safety (HPV)

Extract from report of GACVS meeting of 11-12 December 2013, published in the WHO Weekly Epidemiological Record on 14 February 2014

GACVS reviewed evidence related to autoimmune disease and the HPV, with a focus on multiple sclerosis (MS). The last review was conducted in June 2013, when the Committee reviewed updated data from the USA, Australia, Japan, and the manufacturers of Cervarix (GlaxoSmithKline) and Gardasil (Merck). With >175 million doses distributed worldwide and more countries offering the vaccine through national immunization programmes, the Committee continued to be reassured by the safety profile of the available products. Serious adverse events that have been reported as potential signals have been investigated in more detail and were not confirmed, including Guillain-Barré syndrome, seizures, stroke, venous thromboembolism, anaphylaxis and other allergic reactions. Surveillance of pregnancy outcomes among women inadvertently vaccinated during pregnancy through spontaneous reports and registries has not detected any adverse outcomes above expected rates.

While surveillance data and epidemiologic studies on HPV vaccine have remained reassuring, allegations have continued to surface in the media and elsewhere about the safety of the vaccine. Epidemiologic studies before and after licensure showed no increased risk of autoimmune disease, including MS. Since the introduction of HPV vaccines, such diseases have been under particularly careful investigation given their correspondingly high age-specific background incidence.9, 10, 11

Examples of such studies include a register-based cohort study in Sweden and Finland that included almost 1 million girls aged 10–17 years, among whom almost 300 000 were vaccinated against HPV.12 The study investigated whether vaccination was associated with an increased risk of autoimmune, neurological or thromboembolic events. The study results did not show evidence of any association between exposure to HPV vaccine and autoimmune, neurological, and venous thromboembolic adverse events.

In the USA, an observational study involving almost 200 000 girls and young women who had received at least 1 dose of HPV vaccine found no increased incidence of 16 investigated autoimmune diseases in the vaccinated compared to the non-vaccinated group.13 The incidence of MS in the vaccinated cohort, for example, was not significantly higher than the non-vaccinated cohort (incidence rate ratio 1.37, 95% confidence interval 0.74–3.20). In a third study, a pooled analysis of data from 11 clinical trials involving nearly 30 000 participants aged >10 years, of which 16 142 received at least 1 dose of Cervarix and 13 811 received either a placebo containing aluminium hydroxide or 1 of 2 different hepatitis A vaccines. No increased risk for the onset of autoimmune diseases after administration of Cervarix was observed in comparison to the control group.14

The Committee was provided with an overview of cases that were the subject of concern in France. These included one case of MS that had been ajudicated by a French Regional Commission for Conciliation and Compensation. Another 14 cases of MS were reported through regional pharmacovigilance centres and/or the manufacturers to the European Medicines Agency. All 15 cases had been classified as being of “doubtful” causality, according to the French grading system. In addition, the overview from France included results of a cohort study involving 2 million girls aged 12–16 showing a lack of increase in hospitalization rates for autoimmune diseases among those who received the HPV vaccine (2.1/10 000 patients/year) compared to those who did not (2.09/10 000 patients/year).

In summary, GACVS was presented with a series of cases of adverse events following administration of the HPV vaccine. Multiple studies have demonstrated no increase in risk of autoimmune diseases, including MS, among girls who have received HPV vaccine compared to those who have not. The Committee remains reassured by the safety profile of the vaccine, but noted the importance of continued surveillance and epidemiological investigation with an emphasis on the collection of high quality data; such data are essential for interpretion of any adverse events which may occur following vaccination. Allegations of harm due to vaccination based on incomplete information may lead to unnecessary harm when effective vaccines are not used.
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/hpv/hpv-safety-faqs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

But you aren't debating, people are refuting your claims with facts and statistic's and all you do is come back with hollow arguments based on emotion, others experiences and uneducated opinions.

When asked for evidence to back these up you claim you don't know how to which is a bit hard to believe and very convenient for you.

We all know its nothing to do with debating as you obviously haven't a clue how to do that and you are really just pissed and embarrassed that you were so blatantly proven wrong over your claims about the intentions and members of regret

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Orion wrote: »
    Just in case you are going to say that Regret are not antivax just because Weitbrecht has left how about Roma Rossborough? She's behind the current Regret drive to badger politicians to perpetuate the nonsense Regret come out with. She's a complete antivax whacko.

So please don't tell me Regret aren't antivax.

Didn't you read it?! Vaccines are fine, if you just "detoxify" the person afterwards.

Why can't we just "detoxify" everyone?!

A good steam sauna and all ailments cured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Of course, the 3 day course costs more and is more effective than the 5 day course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

astrofool wrote: »
    Of course, the 3 day course costs more and is more effective than the 5 day course.

I've acquired knowledge of this course via you and other posters, which means the knowledge I received is much more dilute that it would be if I had acquired it directly from the source.

According to the Logic of Homeopathy I am now a homeopathic supergenius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I do think it would help enormously if parents were given a proper information leaflet. Most leaflets are missing key bits of information like the contra-indications of the vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Didn't you read it?! Vaccines are fine, if you just "detoxify" the person afterwards.

I second this! Any excuse for a sauna :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Add in some apple-cider vinegar and turmeric and everyone will be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Instead of bailing, why not rebut those mocking homeopathy with an example of a peer-reviewed study that demonstrates its efficacy?

And hygiene. Don't forget to have a good wash before and after sex.

427115.PNG

You sir have just won this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You sir have just won this thread.

Guess who lost?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Crea wrote: »
    I do think it would help enormously if parents were given a proper information leaflet. Most leaflets are missing key bits of information like the contra-indications of the vaccines.

this is the HSE factsheet on the HPV vaccine. http://www.hse.ie/eng/health/Immunisation/pubinfo/schoolprog/HPV/hpv-fact-sheet.pdf

what key bits of information do you think are missing? Bearing in mind it includes the various side effects that the manufacturer includes in its own Pil.

• Advertisement

And hygiene. Don't forget to have a good wash before and after sex.

427115.PNG
    Does he explain exactly how one should wash ones cervix?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

kylith wrote: »

Ah shure the nuns will tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭tigger123

kylith wrote: »

Bottle washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tigger123 wrote: »
    Bottle washer.

Now i cant stop thinking about the billy connolly joke about wire brush and dettol.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Bottle washer.

Holy mother of god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Add in some apple-cider vinegar and turmeric and everyone will be grand.

Ah now. We need detoxes, kidneys haven't been invented yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

this is the HSE factsheet on the HPV vaccine. http://www.hse.ie/eng/health/Immunisation/pubinfo/schoolprog/HPV/hpv-fact-sheet.pdf

what key bits of information do you think are missing? Bearing in mind it includes the various side effects that the manufacturer includes in its own Pil.

No mention of the contra indications

This is from the CDC regarding HPV:

HPV (Human Papillomavirus) vaccine

Some people should not get this vaccine.

Anyone who has had a severe (life-threatening) allergic reaction to a dose of HPV vaccine should not get another dose.
    Anyone who has a severe (life threatening) allergy to any component of HPV vaccine should not get the vaccine.
    Tell your doctor if you have any severe allergies that you know of, including a severe allergy to yeast.
    HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. If you learn that you were pregnant when you were vaccinated, there is no reason to expect any problems for you or your baby. Any woman who learns she was pregnant when she got HPV vaccine is encouraged to contact the manufacturer s registry for HPV vaccination during pregnancy at 1-800-986-8999.
    Women who are breastfeeding may be vaccinated.
    If you have a mild illness, such as a cold, you can probably get the vaccine today. If you are moderately or severely ill, you should probably wait until you recover. Your doctor can advise you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Dara O'Briain nails it as usual:

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Crea wrote: »
    No mention of the contra indications

This is from the CDC regarding HPV:

HPV (Human Papillomavirus) vaccine

Some people should not get this vaccine.

Anyone who has had a severe (life-threatening) allergic reaction to a dose of HPV vaccine should not get another dose.
    Anyone who has a severe (life threatening) allergy to any component of HPV vaccine should not get the vaccine.
    Tell your doctor if you have any severe allergies that you know of, including a severe allergy to yeast.
    HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. If you learn that you were pregnant when you were vaccinated, there is no reason to expect any problems for you or your baby. Any woman who learns she was pregnant when she got HPV vaccine is encouraged to contact the manufacturer s registry for HPV vaccination during pregnancy at 1-800-986-8999.
    Women who are breastfeeding may be vaccinated.
    If you have a mild illness, such as a cold, you can probably get the vaccine today. If you are moderately or severely ill, you should probably wait until you recover. Your doctor can advise you.

So why shouldn't a healthy person, with no pre-existing medical conditions not get the vaccine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement