Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Her husband is a homeopath so he was on hand to cure the kids in the event of illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Orion wrote: »
    They have been. Regret just don't accept the information that has been given.

Oh really? What about the links to complete antivax groups and that the founder brags about never vaccinating her children.

427095.PNG

any idea what the success rate of homeopathy is against cervical cancer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Who's making 10s of 000s of € from "treating" kids in Regret. But that's just coincidence I'm sure.

[edit]Just for backup Hans Weitbrecht has stated he's treating 25-30 girls in Regret. At least monthly for 12-18 months. At 120 a pop.

So lets take best case - 25 * 12 * 120 = €36000
    High end: 30 * 18 * 120 = €64800

Nice little earner this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Oh look, Homeopaths are killing people again.

0 in several billion I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Excellent.

I mean the vast, vast majority of women won't be affected by that terrible disease and they all drink water - so I presume its the Homeopathy that's preventing even more cases from occurring?

Can you prove otherwise :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

tigger123 wrote: »
    She has 5 unvaccinated children, but fear not!!! Her husband is a homeopath.

Must resist urge to walk around Donegal spraying measles germs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

On the flu vaccine and medical/healthcare staff. My wife is a HSE Radiographer and gets it every year. I work in IT and my company offers it for free and I take up the offer every year too.

Anedoctal evidence - no better evidence according to the anti vaccination people.

Who's making 10s of 000s of € from "treating" kids in Regret. But that's just coincidence I'm sure.

[edit]Just for backup Hans Weitbrecht has stated he's treating 25-30 girls in Regret. At least monthly for 12-18 months. At 120 a pop.

So lets take best case - 25 * 12 * 120 = €36000
    High end: 30 * 18 * 120 = €64800

Nice little earner this.

Yes, but their is the cost of the medication he has to provide them with......

......oh, wait :D:D:D:D

Jawgap wrote: »
    Yes, but their is the cost of the medication he has to provide them with......

......oh, wait :D:D:D:D

I thought water charges were abolished.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm in a group that gets it for free and i dont get it either. The worst that can happen is feeling very unwell for a few days. I'd had real flu before so i know what that feels like. If the flu vaccine was for something that had a high death rate you can be damn sure i would get it.

I'm in an "at risk" group for flu and my doctor's firm advice is to get the flu vaccine every year. And I have done so for the past many years.

Except for one year, when I was very busy at work and forgot to get the vaccine. Sod's law, I caught the flu. It was absolutely horrendous. It took at least one week to even start to recover and I lost nearly a stone in weight. Plus my doctor wouldn't allow me back to work for 2 weeks as there were pregnant women in the office.

I know the flu vaccine isn't 100% guaranteed to prevent you catching flu every year but I will never ever put myself at risk like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Glad to bring your attention that indeed the above lady was one of the founder members of REGRET . She , however was excluded from the organisation in December 2015 I believe . Old news , note NOT Fake news!!"

mountai wrote: »
    Glad to bring your attention that indeed the above lady was one of the founder members of REGRET . She , however was excluded from the organisation in December 2015 I believe . Old news , note NOT Fake news!!"

And your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dudara wrote: »
    I'm in an "at risk" group for flu and my doctor's firm advice is to get the flu vaccine every year. And I have done so for the past many years.

Except for one year, when of course I did catch the flu. It was absolutely horrendous. It took at least one week to even start to recover and I lost nearly a stone in weight. Plus my doctor wouldn't allow me back to work for 2 weeks as there were pregnant women in the office.

I know the flu vaccine isn't 100% guaranteed to prevent you catching flu every year but I will never ever put myself at risk like that again.

Now you've got me thinking about getting it myself. Like you i'm in an at risk group. I did have flu before and it was absolutely terrible. I was also a lot younger and fitter then. The thought of an injection shouldn't really bother me given i jab my fingers several times a day but somehow it does.

Every Irish organisation ever.......the first item on the agenda?

The split!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

A colleagues kid unfortunately got the measles in school recently, her child was vaccinated but some irresponsible fckers evidently wasn't.

Colleague had to take unplanned leave for 2+ weeks due to there being several pregnant women + husbands with pregnant wives in the office, and even though she was also vaccinated the risk of her being a carrier was too high with potential to infect pregnant women who are incredibly vulnerable.

That's why you fcking vaccinate your kids

Just in case you are going to say that Regret are not antivax just because Weitbrecht has left how about Roma Rossborough? She's behind the current Regret drive to badger politicians to perpetuate the nonsense Regret come out with. She's a complete antivax whacko.

http://www.cease-therapy.com/make-appointment/practitioner//romarosborough
    Cease stands for - I'm not making this up ... "Complete Elimination of Autistic Spectrum Expression". She believes that autism is caused by vaccines as is demonstrated on her site.

427097.PNG

And a member of Irish Vaccination Awareness - along with its founder Catherine Weitbrecht - who are opposed to all vaccines.
    427098.PNG

So please don't tell me Regret aren't antivax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

In related news, I'm likely to have to go on an immunosuppressant in the long term due to an existing medical condition. This would mean I can't get 'live' vaccines so now I'm in the category of people who really does need other people to maintain herd immunity. I've gotten all the necessary vaccines over the years so please back me up people. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

21271300_1651095764914536_3396310752802458386_n.jpg

Time for a game of...

Anti Vaxxer Bingo...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fieldog wrote: »
    21271300_1651095764914536_3396310752802458386_n.jpg

Time for a game of...

Anti Vaxxer Bingo...

:D

Can we mark of "Sheeple" if weve gotten "shill"?

• Advertisement

Just in case you are going to say that Regret are not antivax just because Weitbrecht has left how about Roma Rossborough? She's behind the current Regret drive to badger politicians to perpetuate the nonsense Regret come out with. She's a complete antivax whacko.

Makes me a bit sad to think of the kids being dragged to these nut jobs to be 'treated'.

Oops nearly forgot. Silly me. Roma brought Vaxxed to Ireland. But not antivax ... No way sirree.

427100.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

tigger123 wrote: »
    She has 5 unvaccinated children, but fear not!!! Her husband is a homeopath.

I know, it really beggars belief. The HPV vaccine saves lives, its that simple, anything else is unnecessary whataboutery.

I actually googled that and came across this website https://www.realnatural.org/can-homeopathy-treat-cancer/

it contains a load of nonsense to be honest including these beauts “There is some evidence that homeopathic treatments are more effective than placebo; however, the strength of this evidence is low because of the low methodological quality of the trials.” and Our analysis of published literature on homeopathy found insufficient evidence to support clinical efficacy of homeopathic therapy in cancer care.” They flesh that out with the usual homeopath nonsense including fairly vague quotes from Moshe Frenkel MD who is described as a internationally recognized expert in integrative oncology.
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/integrative-oncology-trojan-horse-quackademic-medicine-or-both/ basically tears integrative oncology apart.

No would appear to be the answer.

Did you actually need to google that? "Can water cure cancer" ... No.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Makes me a bit sad to think of the kids being dragged to these nut jobs to be 'treated'.

http://www.cease-therapy.com/cease-therapy/

Motheroffcukalmighty

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Withholding of water can. An unfortunate side effect of the treatment is the inadvertant curing of life, though.

I was curious as to what would come up, some mad people out there !!!

endacl wrote: »

I'm genuinely speechless. "Currently we use the 30C, 200C, 1M and 10M potencies to clear out the energetic field of the patient from the imprint of toxic substances or diseases" and "CEASE therapists are trained during a 3 to 5 day course, given by certified CEASE therapy instructors, to guarantee the high quality of treatment and to ensure the correct application of this method. The homeopathic practitioners are only certified as CEASE therapists after having successfully passed the final exam. They will stay in contact with all other CEASE therapists around the world by an interactive forum and will receive supervision"

Well I'm convinced !!!!

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »

ermagherd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement