Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official AH McGregor vs Mayweather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Mayweather DQ
    And here comes mayweather. Mcgregor is tired now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Round 9.

Maywether takes control .......

McGregor gone, gone, gone . . .

NOT GONE.

Round 10.

Mayweather WINS !!!!!!

Stoppage in the 10th.

McGregor did very very well but just ran out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Mayweather on points
    McGregor hitting fast with pretty footwork but Mayweather hitting heavy...tiredness is going to affect McGregor more, on both points and ability to end the fight.

Edit - Ha! And it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,917 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My stream keeps breaking and I'm listening to the commentary

Pissed off at the stream tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Fancy Bear

Easy in the end for Mayweather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Fancy Bear

I strongly think it's this "Rocky factor" that is the reason so many people are betting on him and thinking he has a chance. Life isn't a hollywood movie. They are finding 'experts' to say maybe he has a chance as well because guess what? It's good PPV.

Mayweather will win, he just will. Period. Like McGregor isn't even a boxer, he's never even boxed professionally and is against arguably the best boxer of all time. It's ridiculous. :P

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Carl Froch was a dick on commentary. Barely contained his disgust at the whole affair.

Sure McGregor was an amateur but Froch gave him no respect at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Do you ever get the feeling that Vince McMahon is in control of all combat sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Mayweather on points
    It always looked like McGregor tiring and dropping a gear or Mayweather ramping it up a notch would signal the end...

McGregor definitely didn't embarrass himself - now to collect that monster purse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mayweather too strong, conor did his best but out of his depth against one of the best boxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

At least he didn't embarrass himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Mayweather DQ
    Jesus mayweather doesn't look in the least bit tired or bruised after that. Easy work for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Jesus mayweather doesn't look in the least bit tired or bruised after that. Easy work for him

Pretty much.

TKO in the 10th.

Conor saved by the ref from any further punishment. Slightly premature ending? but Conor wasn't hitting back, he wasn't punching back against Mayweather, just receiving punches, so the ref stopped it....

Got the fight on BBC Radio 5L (Satellite dish).
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least he didn't embarrass himself.

Yes he did. Don't let the fact that Mayweather allowed him to survive that long fool you. McGregor was pathetic.

I've seen more boxing technique in a fight night at the local GAA sports hall than I saw from McGregor tonight.

He was a joke but he made serious money. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Draw
    Mayweather seems like a really level-headed guy while McGregor as we all know is a bit outlandish. When Mayweather says he knows he's going to beat him I believed Mayweather. Almost every other professional boxer also said there was no question. There was always a chance Mayweather could have had some horrible sickness or something, but then he was 49-0... it's the consistency of him. Tyson ridiculed it, if anyone would know it's him.

Also UFC is a totally new sport, while boxers have been studying older boxers for decades and building on all of what they did. That means a lot of them are very strategic and smart. So they're going through all those old fights since they were children, and being the best in the world at it. Mayweather has been boxing since he was a baby. I have a bit more respect for boxing as an art because UFC is in its infancy... but most of all he was taking on the best boxer in the world at his own game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I was cheering for McGregor of course, but in the end it was obvious who the professional boxer was.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Let niamh alone. Shes a grand girl

• Advertisement

My stream died at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mayweather K.O.
    You just don't step into the ring with arguably the greatest pound for pound boxer of all time and expect to win.

A totally different discipline. It was an achievement for Conor to hang for 10 rounds with Mayweather, even if he was getting his arse bet for 8 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Draw
    I have IPTV-choice, it's about €50 for six months. Sometimes it's hit or miss with buffering and I wouldn't recommend it with my connection but it worked fine tonight.

You just don't step into the ring with arguably the greatest pound for pound boxer of all time and expect to win.

A totally different discipline. It was an achievement for Conor to hang for 10 rounds with Mayweather, even if he was getting his arse bet for 8 of them.
    That's why he didn't embarrass himself. It's not like he was knocked out after three seconds like Dunne years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

My stream died at the end.

I just watched the third link that showed up on google, perfect, really his resolution and no buffering, I was surprised as all the streams on made in Canada Kodi add-on were dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yes he did. Don't let the fact that Mayweather allowed him to survive that long fool you. McGregor was pathetic.

I've seen more boxing technique in a fight night at the local GAA sports hall than I saw from McGregor tonight.

He was a joke but he made serious money. Job done.

Bit harsh no? No doubt that Mayweather was always going to win, but according to CompuBox McGregor landed 111 punches.

Is a lad down your local GAA hall going to do that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Five Green Bottles

McGregor DQ
    Well done Connor, Trojan battle for a first time underdog, enjoy the cash! You deserve all of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Bit harsh no? No doubt that Mayweather was always going to win, but according to CompuBox McGregor landed 111 punches.

Is a lad down your local GAA hall going to do that too?

Did you even see the type of punches he was throwing? They were more slaps than punches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Ml8Y399.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did you even see the type of punches he was throwing? They were more slaps than punches.

I saw him land some good shots in the first three rounds, but as fatigue set in, he wasn't throwing anything that would concern Mayweather.

I just thought your "pathetic" comment was a bit harsh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement