Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official AH McGregor vs Mayweather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

The MMA thread says 5, the boxing thread 4. A poster in that thread said 4.30. Sky says 12 but they want me to watch their ads. Does anybody really know what time the fighting in the ring will actually start at?

4am is a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

I asked 4 people today. well how do you think mcgregor will do?and the answer was i hope he gets the ****e kicked out of him.

**** them.i hope he wins and wins well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭buried

While we're on about bets and all that, Any knowledgeable fans like to give us a tip or advice what round to back McGregor to maybe win it? Won a few quid from a great tip from some good folk in the last time a AH McGregor thread was here. I know this is a totally different type event, but what do ye think? What would you realistically back or what round expect him to do it? Thanks in advance!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The MMA thread says 5, the boxing thread 4. A poster in that thread said 4.30. Sky says 12 but they want me to watch their ads. Does anybody really know what time the fighting in the ring will actually start at?

John Kavanagh said that the offical walk out time is 4am.......... but that's if all other fights are done and dusted in time.

Rarely do these things go to schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Mayweather DQ
    buried wrote: »
    While we're on about bets and all that, Any knowledgeable fans like to give us a tip or advice what round to back McGregor to maybe win it? Won a few quid from a great tip from some good folk in the last time a AH McGregor thread was here. I know this is a totally different type event, but what do ye think? What would you realistically back or what round expect him to do it? Thanks in advance!

A knowledgeable fan would tell you to not back McGregor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

A knowledgeable fan would tell you to not back McGregor.

Exactly. Smart money is on Floyd. If you just want to throw on a tenner for fun, pick a KO in the first half of the fight. I'm talking about if you want to bet for Conor, as he's likely not going to have the stamina to KO Floyd in the later rounds.

Realistically though, Floyd will be doing what he wants in there, including finishing it when he wants. Hopefully I'm wrong and Conor pulls it off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mayweather DQ
    Thanks for the timing info guys. I'll get up before 4 and drink in the drama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Anyone know if the fight can be picked up on the radio?

MW or SW maybe?

I guess BBC Radio 5 will be blocked to us here in the ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

billc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

LordSutch wrote: »

I guess BBC Radio 5 will be blocked to us here in the ROI.

Damn, I forgot about that... and I was about to set my alarm to listen to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I asked 4 people today. well how do you think mcgregor will do?and the answer was i hope he gets the ****e kicked out of him.

**** them.i hope he wins and wins well.

Do you hope he wins for any other reason than he's Irish? **** that . Just because he happens to be born in the same country as me isn't a good enough reason for me to like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Mayweather DQ
    I want McGregor to win but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Mayweather K.O.
    I think all the BBC radio stations are broadcast from the Astra satellites so can be tuned in if you have a Sky dish and free to air box (maybe a Sky box will work too?).

BBC R5L

Transponder
    H

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Good luck Conor. Would enjoy waking up , switching on sky and seeing Mayweather on the floor, along with the last piece of dignity leaving boxing...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,215 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Mayweather DQ
    buried wrote: »

I think the best estimate is that if he can hold on until the three millionth round he might then be in with a shot.

(By that time Mayweather would be well into his 60's.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I want McGregor to win but can't see it happening.

It would be really weird if McGregor won.

Provided there is no "fix", Mayweather should dismiss McGregor with ease. I can see Mayweather toying with McGregor for a few rounds before he ends it.

McGregor is great at MMA but Mayweather is a supreme boxer. No contest really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Good luck to Conor McGregor. Sorry if I'm just being a bit patriotic but I want my fellow Irish person to win. We are a nation of complete begrudgers. If he wins or loses will it impact on your lives? No it won't. Whether you support him or not you'll still get up in the morning and go about your day as normal. He's had a passion for UFC and sacrificed a lot to get to where he is today. He's still working hard on every aspect of his fitness. He's not harming any of us in doing what he loves. This is a landmark fight too. So what if both McGregor and Mayweather are paid handsomely for it. Their respective fighting genres have always commanded big paychecks for big events like this. Nothing will change there. My final comment is that if you don't want to look at it don't, go about your day as normal tomorrow and if people bring it up just say you don't follow it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Draw
    Would it be weird to make a bet based on listening to others and having no legit knowledge of either sport myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Mayweather DQ
    Would it be weird to make a bet based on listening to others and having no legit knowledge of either sport myself?

You'd be in the same boat as 95% of the betting public.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,215 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Mayweather DQ

I wouldn't advise that for anything.

But it's your money

And it might also be a case of "the blind leading the blind" depending on who you are listening to.

• Advertisement

Draw
    I wouldn't advise that for anything.

But it's your money

And it might also be a case of "the blind leading the blind" depending on who you are listening to.

I was leaning towards what almost every professional boxer and expert in the world are saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just can't see past my cynical side on this. Think Mayweather will win on points but McGregor will get a knockdown at some stage, leaving enough of a question for a rematch and another $100million pay-day for both of them.

In between that though, McGregor will fight Paulie Malinaggi and the ****e-talking between the two will be ramped up as soon as tonight's fight is done. They might even have a row in the press conference afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I was leaning towards what almost every professional boxer and expert in the world are saying...

Buying money as some people say.
    Put your life savings on Mayweather. What could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Wakey wakey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Cmon Floyd, punch his nose into his brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Draw
    Specialun wrote: »
    Wakey wakey

I thought this thread would be crazy by now. So much for McGregor claiming he had "the entire of Ireland" behind him. :rolleyes:

For some reason both of my cards were declined. I would have put a lot on that this entire fight is a lot of codology and McGregor has no chance as all the experts say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mayweather DQ
    I thought this thread would be crazy by now. So much for McGregor claiming he had "the entire of Ireland" behind him. :rolleyes:

For some reason both of my cards were declined. I would have put a lot on that this entire fight is a lot of codology and McGregor has no chance as all the experts say.

There are 4 threads covering posts on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Still can't believe this fight is actually happening. So surreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't like Imeldas new hair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement