Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official AH McGregor vs Mayweather thread

Options
  • 20-08-2017 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

We know this is going to be big in the next week so were going to have this one and only thread on it.

There are going to be a few ground rules though.

1. This is to only discuss the fight.
    2. No name calling of either fighter please.
    3. Keep it civil other than that according to the AH charter.
    4. Have fun.
    5. Forgot to add, If you want serious discussion on it please go to the boxing forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057692388
    Read their charter before posting.
    Poll results are public (I think.)

Posting links to illegal streams will result in cards and bans and maybe even sitebans if the admins are in one of their humours.

Thread ban list

Who do you think wins and how 327 votes

McGregor on points
    0%
    McGregor K.O.
    2%
    mikeymYakultPops_20Clem H FandangoFakediamondNeil IssagumPero_BuenoMANSPREADER 8 votes
    McGregor DQ
    32%
    VenomBArrartronPete M.gazzer[Deleted User]beansmayordenisfunk-youmonster1steppenxzantihatrickpatrickdanger mouseTiggerLone StoneMr.PloughFeederJesus Weptxtal191 105 votes
    Mayweather on points
    1%
    long_bjimmycrackcormDuckworth_Luasajk2006Canyon86GritBiscuit 6 votes
    Mayweather K.O.
    19%
    cournioniBigConMr. CooL ICEconzy[Deleted User]Paddy@CIRLFrisbeeDominoDubdermobL1m1tlessSuperS54ChieftainHead_HunterBonnieSituationSchnooksAnMoralltachAllGunsBlazing[Deleted User]cripesonfridaydocdolittle 63 votes
    Mayweather DQ
    39%
    c0rk3r[Deleted User]pickarooneythe whole year innDiddy Kongenda1YillanSparkoelefantSuper SidiousDr.Winston O'Boogieomega manBandana boymirwillbebackAsmodeanJayRocshrapnel222gilmourMental MickeyBlazer 130 votes
    Draw
    3%
    Wompa1WibbsdavetheraveBobbyT28g0gIcsicsquantumcatpaleoperson...And JusticeBannerBoy1 10 votes
    Atari jaguar to fly in to ring and beat the snot out of both.
    1%
    SEPT 23 1989WinnyThePooYamanotoZuM16DuhJerk 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

49-1

Hopefully :P

Copil_care_minte.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Such a farce of an event tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Mayweather DQ
    Any tips on how to avoid the nonsense surrounding this pile of crap?

Well, not clicking on threads with Mayweather and McGregor in the title would be a good start I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Atari jaguar to fly in to ring and beat the snot out of both.
    In a real fight the boxer would win but as its a pantomime I will go for a draw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Such a farce of an event tbh

Because boxing has never been associated with farce before this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Mayweather K.O.
    I'd love McGregor to win but I just don't think he'll get anywhere near Mayweather no more than Mayweather having a chance against McGregor in an MMA fight ......... in any case it's a win-win for McGregor, if he loses he'll still get a big fat cheque and the excuse of "well, I'm not a boxer so ........" and if he actually wins ........ happy days! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Draw
    Hes going to get flattened, thank God, I'd do it too for 100 million dollar's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

inside 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Mayweather DQ
    Mayweather to win it in the second round.

• Advertisement

uwdqhaet7e4z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Mayweather DQ
    Two dreadful human beings. Not a bit of class between them.

Mayweather K.O.
    tigger123 wrote: »
    Mayweather to win it in the second round.

How? Certainly not by KO anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

McGregor DQ
    I'm hoping McGregor pulls off a miracle and knocks him out. More so to see the internet meltdown that would result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Mayweather DQ
    Funny hearing everyone saying it's a joke and a farce etc.. but funny enough they'll be watching if they are honest. Iv'e no interest in boxing or MMA but i think it will be good entertainment and im looking forward to it. Few friends coming over, game of cards, few beers should be a good night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

McGregor K.O.
    Does it even matter who wins? By the looks of things, the only losers here are the punters..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

McGregor K.O.
    McGregor to win :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Anyone else having trouble posting?

Mayweather DQ
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    How? Certainly not by KO anyway!!

Yep, by KO. McGregor will do everything he can to survive the first, then Mayweather will finish him in the second.

Mayweather K.O.
    They both lasted longer than McGregor will

The fight will end one of two ways ............ Mayweather running around the ring throwing the odd jab with McGregor chasing him for 12 rounds with Mayweather winning on points .......... or McGregor somehow landing a lucky left with Mayweather going down like a smacked toddler ......... can't see Mayweather getting caught off guard though!

• Advertisement

Can't be any worse that Batman V Superman.

Mayweather K.O.
    Yep, by KO. McGregor will do everything he can to survive the first, then Mayweather will finish him in the second.

Have you ever watched Mayweather fight? :confused:

Mayweather DQ
    The fight will end one of two ways ............ Mayweather running around the ring throwing the odd jab with McGregor chasing him for 12 rounds with Mayweather winning on points .......... or McGregor somehow landing a lucky left with Mayweather going down like a smacked toddler ......... can't see Mayweather getting caught off guard though!

What's the longest McGregor has ever fought? Serious question.

Mayweather DQ
    Have you ever watched Mayweather fight? :confused:

Yep. And watched him never accept a fight he would lose. Can't see this being any different. Also, McGregor isn't a boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Mayweather DQ

25 mins, 5 X 5min rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Some of the best boxers in the business, including some all time greats, have tried to land knockout blows on Mayweather and haven't succeeded - so how on Earth some people think McGregor will be capable of doing so is beyond me.

Even if he does succeed in landing anything substantial,which is unlikely, Mayweather has a solid beard and will be well able to deal with it. The man got hit bang on the jaw by Shane Mosley and managed to pull through it and boss the fight, he'll be well able to deal with anything McGregor has.

The whole fight is a farce, it's the equivalent of Paul O'Connell lining out for Real Madrid and people expecting him to bag a hat-trick in the Champions League final. This fight is an entertainment gimmick more along the lines of WWE than a serious sporting contest.

Fair play to them, the two lads are laughing all the way to the bank for a total non-event. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already choreographed the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Draw
    I'm rooting for McGregor but everyone knows Mayweather is going to win. I know almost nothing about boxing or UFC but it's what I read lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This thread won't last as long as the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Mayweather DQ
    Remember Conor v Diaz 1. Where Diaz landed a few flush punches and Conor was in big trouble and ended up shooting for a take down. I think Floyd is likely to do that to Conor over a longer stretch. Maybe 5th or 6th round. I don't see McGregor lasting the distance.

• Advertisement

Mayweather K.O.

Only as long as it takes him to knockout his opponent! :D

He's conditioned to fight 5 x 5 minute rounds though, ie. 25 minutes ......... so I'm sure he's in good enough shape to fight 12 x 3 minute rounds, ie. 36 minutes.

When's the last time Mayweather knocked anybody out? When's the last time he even tried to knock out an opponent?!!??!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement