Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

How is everyone doing? The tiredness is killing me, and the last 2 days i have had lower back ache, not sure if its pregnancy or to do with work. Hot water bottle on my back is helping though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Very tired here too. Wish there was a way to cure that!!! No nausea yet. Booked an early scan for a couple of weeks time. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, i found out today!

i think im may though.. tried to start a thread under a different name to my normal one..

No one knows!!

Blingy wrote:
    Very tired here too. Wish there was a way to cure that!!! No nausea yet. Booked an early scan for a couple of weeks time. Can't wait.

Doesnt help having a toddler to entertain too! I think i will be copying you with that blingy, still habemt received anything back from hospital about appointments yet so will need the peace of mind!

ainy wrote: »
    Doesnt help having a toddler to entertain too! I think i will be copying you with that blingy, still habemt received anything back from hospital about appointments yet so will need the peace of mind!

Toddler here too so I totally understand the added tiredness!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Anyone have any idea when you should expect to hear from the hospital re scan? I'm only 8 weeks pregnant and was with my gp 3 weeks ago. I realsie i may not get scan at exactly 12 weeks but i thought I'd have a date for my scan by now?

Anyone have any idea when you should expect to hear from the hospital re scan? I'm only 8 weeks pregnant and was with my gp 3 weeks ago. I realsie i may not get scan at exactly 12 weeks but i thought I'd have a date for my scan by now?

Im not sure i was at my gp nearly 2 weeks ago and havent got any word back yet. I was part of a thread on my last baby and i read through it. I got a letter back after 4 working days saying to ring and make an appointment with one of the secretaries and i did that and got appointments in post 3 working days later. That was with Cavan general and im going there again this time but havent heard anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭hbert

I have hardly any symptoms just a little more tired than usual and boobs were tender but okay now. Finding it hard to take in that i am pregnant when i feel almost the same as always!

I'm 8 weeks aswell and havent heard anything but was only with the gp a week ago. I can't wait to get date for hospital so hope we get them soon.

hbert wrote: »
    I have hardly any symptoms just a little more tired than usual and boobs were tender but okay now. Finding it hard to take in that i am pregnant when i feel almost the same as always!

I'm 8 weeks aswell and havent heard anything but was only with the gp a week ago. I can't wait to get date for hospital so hope we get them soon.

Congrats hbert, I'm not in a massive rush to have scan or anxious to have it it's just I'd like to know when it will be happening so I've something to count down towards if that makes sense. Not planning on telling anyone outside of immediate family our news til after the scan so I'd love to know how much longer I've to keep our secret!

Tiredness really getting me in the evenings. I'm a night owl normally but am in bed most nights by 10 these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I'm heading to the doctor tomorrow :O :O

• Advertisement

Just in case anyobe else is wondering like I was.... i got my scan date in post yesterday. I will be 13 weeks when I have the scan. Got the appointment letter 3 weeks fter being with my GP. Hope everyone is well.

Where are you attending history queen?

I ended up ringing the hospital and booking in myself, she said she hadnt received anything about me from gp! Will have scan around 12 weeks but havent got appointment yet and will have first midwife appointment around 16 weeks.

I did book in for a private dating scan myself anyway and that is next Saturday, i will be 8 and half weeks then.

Feeling ok really, just tired and sore boobs.

Where are you attending history queen?

I ended up ringing the hospital and booking in myself, she said she hadnt received anything about me from gp! Will have scan around 12 weeks but havent got appointment yet and will have first midwife appointment around 16 weeks.

I did book in for a private dating scan myself anyway and that is next Saturday, i will be 8 and half weeks then.

Feeling ok really, just tired and sore boobs.

I'll be attending limerick... same here with tiredness and boobs. Very little between us I'm 9 weeks tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

so after 3 miscarriages since our first was born 5 years ago this one has finally stuck

scanned today at 10 weeks and with a strong heart beat and a child measured at 10 weeks 5 days the guiney has given a big thumbs up and said the possibility of miscarriage now is negligible

an unbelievable sense of relief in this little part of Ireland this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Congratulations Mitresize! It must have been a tough few weeks of waiting. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy now!

I intend to celebrate with a few pints tomorrow night. Mrs MitreSize5 on the other hand has a few more weeks of morning sickness to contend with :-)

Thanks for the good wishes

Huge congrats to you and your other half mitresize! Must of been some feeling seeing that heart beat today.

Huge congrats to you and your other half mitresize! Must of been some feeling seeing that heart beat today.

Relief more than happiness. We had agreed that this was the last time one way or another.

Can't wait to tell the little guy in a few weeks. He's been asking for a brother or sister for the last few years.

Aw massive congrats MitreSize5, can't even imagine the joy ye must be feeling after all ye went through.

Anyone else on a second pregnancy and have nearly constant achy lower abdomen? It's not like cramping it's more achy. It's so bloody annoying and I feel like crap. Nearly 7 weeks now. Also getting regular nausea :(

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote:
    Anyone else on a second pregnancy and have nearly constant achy lower abdomen? It's not like cramping it's more achy. It's so bloody annoying and I feel like crap. Nearly 7 weeks now. Also getting regular nausea

I have that too, achey and nearly like a stretched feeling. Dont remember that from first time, i was much more bloated feeling the first time round than now.
    Nearly choked in work yesterday, was very scary and one of my colleagues went to do the heimlich and another shouted dont squeeze her stomach(she knows im pregnant!)!(so pretty much all of work knows now!) serves me right for trying to scoff a piece of cake!

8wks tomorrow, private scan next saturday so cant wait for that!

I have that too, achey and nearly like a stretched feeling. Dont remember that from first time, i was much more bloated feeling the first time round than now.
    Nearly choked in work yesterday, was very scary and one of my colleagues went to do the heimlich and another shouted dont squeeze her stomach(she knows im pregnant!)!(so pretty much all of work knows now!) serves me right for trying to scoff a piece of cake!

8wks tomorrow, private scan next saturday so cant wait for that!

Good to know someone else feels it too. Feel very nauseous with it which is really draining me.

Oh no such a scary thing to happen. Thank goodness they didn't have to perform the heimlich. Annoying now that everyone kinda knows though. I don't want to tell anyone at work for ages although I suspect some of them might guess as I'm already showing.

Ah we have a private scan next sat too and I'm 7 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait for the scan and will start telling close family and friends then I think.

I havent been too nauseated, a few wretching moments (being a nurse there is lots of smells to deal with!) But the tiredness is just killing me, i sent himself and pur daughter off out to a playcentre to meet my siblings and their children, i just couldnt face it. Need a little rest!

Because of my job i had to tell a lot of my colleagues early anyway as i cant administer certain therapies now but more know now than needed to.

We wont tell all our siblings for another couple weeks, but i know they will be delighted when we do.
    Cant wait for the scan now, dont know when to tell my daughter but think we'll try get as far along as we can without telling her!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hi everyone! I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and am due April 2nd.
    I have a 13 year old from a previous relationship so this feels all new to me again it's been so long.
    We haven't told anyone yet...have my 1st scan next Monday. I'm kind of dreading telling family as my mum isn't one for kids at all and my sister is trying to conceive for some time. Feeling nauseous and sooooo unbelievably tired. I actually thought I was going to fall asleep at my desk last week! Looking forward to energy coming back at some stage!

laylag wrote:
    Hi everyone! I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and am due April 2nd. I have a 13 year old from a previous relationship so this feels all new to me again it's been so long. We haven't told anyone yet...have my 1st scan next Monday. I'm kind of dreading telling family as my mum isn't one for kids at all and my sister is trying to conceive for some time. Feeling nauseous and sooooo unbelievably tired. I actually thought I was going to fall asleep at my desk last week! Looking forward to energy coming back at some stage!

Congrats laylag, oh thats so difficult for you with your sister and your mam, im sure they both will still be delighted for you though,
    The tiredness is something else, i seem to remember it lifting around the 15 weeks the last time, i think!

ainy wrote:
    Congrats laylag, oh thats so difficult for you with your sister and your mam, im sure they both will still be delighted for you though, The tiredness is something else, i seem to remember it lifting around the 15 weeks the last time, i think!

Thanks. I have been lucky enough as have been just nauseous and tired so not too bad! Looking forward to getting this second wind that people keep talking about tho!!

Had our scan, thankfully a healthy heartbeat, bang on my dates, and only one in there. Feels real now. Hope your scan goes ok blingy.

ainy wrote:
    Had our scan, thankfully a healthy heartbeat, bang on my dates, and only one in there. Feels real now. Hope your scan goes ok blingy.

Congrats!!! I have my first scan on Monday! Hoping all goes well. Will be 12 weeks on the button.

Has everyone told their family or did you wait till the scan?
    Also when will you tell work?

• Advertisement

laylag wrote:
    Has everyone told their family or did you wait till the scan? Also when will you tell work?

Pretty much all my work colleagues know, very difficult to hide it for me with where i work. havent told family because theres a lot going on, my nephew just had heart surgery. Will prob wait for another week or 2 to tell family (my mum knows though!).
    Will be 9 weeks monday so suppose its still early. We havent told our daughter yet but probably will once i start showing and have told everyone else otherwise she'd blab!!

Advertisement