Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flo09

Awwwww... ifelsethen and flo ye are as cute! Feeling the love across the internet. What an amazing story and experience for you both and thank god all ended so well. Well flo hope you get out whenever suits you and that ye enjoy the new arrival, sounds like ye will have yere hands full if their entrance in to the world is anything to go by! 😉

Thanks. Hope youre not waiting too much longer. Look forward to some news. Enjoy the remaining few days. All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

flo09 wrote: »
    husband dear
    Well there's a first :) Best of luck to the rest of the expectant mothers due over the next while!!!

Hi ladies, how is everyone keeping? All good here except for being impatient. Hoping against hope that baby will make an appearance before induction Friday. Starting to drive myself (and himself to be fair!) mad trying to spot signs of impending labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hi ladies, how is everyone keeping? All good here except for being impatient. Hoping against hope that baby will make an appearance before induction Friday. Starting to drive myself (and himself to be fair!) mad trying to spot signs of impending labour.

Have you tried all the old wives tales history queen...whole fresh pineapple, hot curry, walking etc etc!
    I'm exactly 39 weeks today. Feel so huge and uncomfortable but happy enough to go another 2 weeks if necessary. Have spd though so can't really do much but that's ok too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Try all the "S" words

Sex
    Spicy food
    Sideways up the stairs
    Speedbumps

Hope your little bundle of love arrives soon mdear x

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Hey folks!
    Just checking in. I had had started this journey with ye way back but unfortunately miscarried. But i am 11
    Weeks into the next adventure so hopefully this times all goes well.

Just thought I'd check back in with ye at this stage. So delighted for you all to be at this stage of yer journeys! We are all so very lucky. Enjoy yer new additions. And congratulations to you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Hey folks! Just checking in. I had had started this journey with ye way back but unfortunately miscarried. But i am 11 Weeks into the next adventure so hopefully this times all goes well.

Aw hope all goes well this pregnancy for you.

Hope you guys still to go aren't waiting too long. Today would of been my due date but lying here in bed with my week old little man asleep beside me. He is doing really well and we seem to settling in to it. It still seems surreal to have two children and refer to the kids though! Best of luck everyone, it is definitely worth it in the end!

Aw flandabieduzie congrats and best wishes with your pregnancy.

As regards the old wives tales have been walking and using exercise ball. Spicy stirfry for dinner tomorrow, had curry for dinner today. Trying not to get obsessive though at the end of the day i do believe baby will come when good and ready and nothing i do will likely make much difference. No harm to try things within reason but I'm npt doing anything extreme like eating 10 pineapples in one sitting! (Not that desperate....YET! )

Weird to be approaching the end of the month and our pregnancy journey together ladies! (HORMONES KICKING IN AGAIN...SOB! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flo09

Aw flandabieduzie congrats and best wishes with your pregnancy.

As regards the old wives tales have been walking and using exercise ball. Spicy stirfry for dinner tomorrow, had curry for dinner today. Trying not to get obsessive though at the end of the day i do believe baby will come when good and ready and nothing i do will likely make much difference. No harm to try things within reason but I'm npt doing anything extreme like eating 10 pineapples in one sitting! (Not that desperate....YET! )

Weird to be approaching the end of the month and our pregnancy journey together ladies! (HORMONES KICKING IN AGAIN...SOB! :-)

Yeah HQ i dont think anything works really, just coincidence if it does. I did nothing but rest, had very little energy for anything else.

Keep checking in for news of births. I wont say much for fear the hubby might be reading but starting to feel a little sad that ill never experience pregnancy again lol. Damn hormones lol

flo09 wrote: »
    Yeah HQ i dont think anything works really, just coincidence if it does. I did nothing but rest, had very little energy for anything else.

Keep checking in for news of births. I wont say much for fear the hubby might be reading but starting to feel a little sad that ill never experience pregnancy again lol. Damn hormones lol

It is the hormones flo. I have had lots of friends say the same thing to me soon after having a baby and already I'm thinking my gosh could this be my last time being pregnant. Us women have a lot to put up with and those hormones are so strong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi all. My next appointment is the day after my due date. Just wondering, if nothing has happened by then will I be given another hospital appointment or will I just be booked for an induction at 10 days over? Thanks...

RubyXI wrote: »
    Hi all. My next appointment is the day after my due date. Just wondering, if nothing has happened by then will I be given another hospital appointment or will I just be booked for an induction at 10 days over? Thanks...

Depending on your medical history they will probably give you an appointment for a week later. Unless you request something different.
    My next appointment is 2 days after my due date and I would presume if nothing has happened I will just get another appointment for a week later.

Any advise for or against a sweep at 40 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I'd go for it, it's the very first thing they'll try ro bring on things if they haven't started already. It's just basically an internal exam, takes about a minute to do. Little uncomfortable but it's not too bad. Oh just a word of warning, you'll bleed for a bit afterwards. They'll tell you that but just FYI beforehand, it's normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Waters were broke in my sweep this morning at 11. Baby born at 12:23 ðŸ˜

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »

Wow, that was quick Sinead! Congrats to you and your family

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »

Wow Sinead that was quick!! Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Thanks folks. It was an experience alright! Started to crown on the ward. Rushed to delivery suite. 4 puffs of gas and he was out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Had an internal check yesterday myself and i was wondering could they break my waters by accident doing a sweep-you've just answered that for me!!Well done mama, nice and quick :-) Enjoy your new arrival!

Looks like I'll be moving to the May forum unless something happens very soon! Getting bored of waiting. 4 days over due :rolleyes:

Hi everyone, it has been an eventful few days here. I was meant to go in for induction last Friday morning but began getting mild labour pains Thursday night around 11 pm cumulating in an emergency c-section under general anasthetic and the arrival of a happy baby boy at 3.30 am, exactly 30 mins after we arrived in to hospital.

All a bit rushed for a finish but thankfully all is well that ends well. Hope everyone else is keeping well with their new arrivals/soon to arrive bundles of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Big huge congratulations to you and your family HQ

Hi everyone, it has been an eventful few days here. I was meant to go in for induction last Friday morning but began getting mild labour pains Thursday night around 11 pm cumulating in an emergency c-section under general anasthetic and the arrival of a happy baby boy at 3.30 am, exactly 30 mins after we arrived in to hospital.

All a bit rushed for a finish but thankfully all is well that ends well. Hope everyone else is keeping well with their new arrivals/soon to arrive bundles of joy.

Congratulations HistoryQueen. Hope everything is going well now.

Looks like I'll be moving to the May forum unless something happens very soon! Getting bored of waiting. 4 days over due :rolleyes:

Me too. Due today and no sign yet. Did have a glorious spa day today though....know I won't get the time to do anything like this again for a long long time!!!

What was everyone's first sign of labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Hi girls, just a little post about my experience with getting induced.
    so I got to 42 weeks and there was still no sign of baby. Went in to get induced (two weeks ago now, where the hell did that time go?!) Got the tampon gel thing, it worked too quickly, I was pretty much having contraction constantly, so they took it out after 4 hours, my contractions stopped around 17.30 that evening, and god I wish I had slept that night! Next day, they decided to break my waters, it was painless but absolutely disgusting, felt like they popped a warm water balloon in my vagina. Contractions started about an hour later, and it was a rough time. I lost all dignity, what with the water tricking out and the pain and trying to get to the bathroom and shower in between contractions, i almost threw in the towel and asked for pain relief. But when the midwife checked me, she said that It looked like I was about an hour away from being 1cm dilated, so I stuck it out and promised myself the epidural for the labor part. Finally at 18.20 I was 1cm dilated. And they took me to the delivery ward, and it was glorious, it was like stepping into heaven, everything was so clean and looked brand new. I got the epidural, it really would have been impossible without it, being induced was tough. I was able to relax and we put on music. Getting the epidural was not as scary as I thought it would be, I could still move everything, it just took the pain away. They told me that baby would be arriving at about 4 in the morning, but at around 23.30 i could feel where I needed to push. At exactly 23 seconds past midnight, i met my son.

It's been two weeks now, I am so in love with my baby boy and I can't praise the hospital staff enough for all their hard work, in the end my labor experience was really positive. I hope that all is well with you girls ;-)

Congratulations history queen and Bbudab, sounds like you both had eventful time. Glad babies are here safe and hope you all are doing well.
    Hope you other ladies are doing ok, I have to say I'm glad I'm on the other side of things now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'm not due til Wednesday and I am SO fed up already!!!!!Not holding out much hope of anything soon either......

Advertisement