Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

shakencat wrote:
    Oh no, it's D day!!!

Good luck shaken cat! Eyes on the prize to get you through, you get to meet baba today!

Swelling went down within an hour of lying down. Must have just been that I was on my feet more. . My due date today so think it was just wishful thinking that swelling might be a sign of things getting started.

Happy due date history queen, hope you are not left waiting too long for baba!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Beat of luck shakencat!!
    Happy due date history queen. Relax and enjoy the peace for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Baby girl, 6.5 lbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

shakencat wrote: »

Ah congrats Shakencat. Hope you're feeling well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flo09

Fantastic news, huge congrats. Hope everything went well.

Congrats!!!

So ladies, high drama!!! Woke at 1 with pains, nothing i couldnt handle. Was timing them, 12 mins apart but then come half 2 the pressure was unreal. Woke hubby, rang my parents to mind the kids. Literally couldnt get a break to get up and shower or anything. Baby born at home, delivered by my hubby with my parents watching in disbelief, kids at the top of the stairs. All 8 lbs of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

flo09 wrote: »
    So ladies, high drama!!! Woke at 1 with pains, nothing i couldnt handle. Was timing them, 12 mins apart but then come half 2 the pressure was unreal. Woke hubby, rang my parents to mind the kids. Literally couldnt get a break to get up and shower or anything. Baby born at home, delivered by my hubby with my parents watching in disbelief, kids at the top of the stairs. All 8 lbs of her.

I have been avidly following the thread but have not yet contributed myself (due next week - 25th)! BUT I had to respond to this....
    OMG Flo!
    That's incredible. Actually got a bit teary eyed reading that! Huge huge congratulations.
    What an experience... Ye must all be in shock.
    Really special to have your parents and kids there. Incredible!
    Hope you and baby girl are doing well!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Flo....wow.Meant to say, my second arrived herself the morning she was due to be induced.The body is a funny thing.
    Congratulations, well done all of you, especially you and OH!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Jaysus!!! That’s my worst nightmare lol. Congratulations!

Flo! Omg! Massive massive congratulations! Well done to you and your husband, what an amazing story for your family.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Not gonna lie, wouldn"t be my ideal either!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Woah! Flo that is incredible! I am seriously impressed right now :) how was it? Are you and baba okay? Is husband a bit shell shocked??Wow, really well done super woman :):)

Thanks everyone. Its certainly not something i wouldve planned but it all turned out well. Had very little time to worry about things. But it has confirmed how amazing our bodies are.Baby is out for the count and a tad mucousy due to the haste in which she arrived but all good and has had a few feeds already.

Thanks everyone. Its certainly not something i wouldve planned but it all turned out well. Had very little time to worry about things. But it has confirmed how amazing our bodies are.Baby is out for the count and a tad mucousy due to the haste in which she arrived but all good and has had a few feeds already.

Wow. So teary eyed reading this. Well done Flo. You and your little lady are super women.
    Huge congratulations.

Amazing Flo, well done you and hubby! Delighted all worked out ok, That was one way to avoid being induced anyway!!

Oh mine too but the body just kicked into action.

Woah! Flo that is incredible! I am seriously impressed right now :) how was it? Are you and baba okay? Is husband a bit shell shocked??Wow, really well done super woman :):)

Eh still a bit shell shocked. I was a bit in denial that she was coming hence i didnt call an ambulance. I just kept thinking my waters havent gone yet so i still have time. But then i felt the urge to push and she was just born. Poor husband is in shock as are my parents. Dont think its really sunk in yet.

My worst nightmare realised. It was so confusing cos one min i had just cramps, very manageable, not intense or anything then the next min waves of hotness and sweat running down me. I literally couldnt stand up. No time for shower, to gather last min things. My hubby literally threw my morning coat around me.

Actually a funny thing, one of the ambulance crew was a fella my dh went to sch with. He had to clean up my mess, the shame lol

Oh no!!!
    My waters never broke on no.2, she was born in the sac.I just need the gas and air, not sure I could manage without that.I know how you mean, the body just does it, but that would give me a fright.Glad you're both ok, and ....job done!!!!

• Advertisement

Hi all, had a failed sweep today. Doctor said womb just not open/ready to have baby yet. I'm a bit disappointed as was hoping sweep would get me started...booked in for an induction next Friday. Still have time so hopefully things will progress before then.

Hi all, had a failed sweep today. Doctor said womb just not open/ready to have baby yet. I'm a bit disappointed as was hoping sweep would get me started...booked in for an induction next Friday. Still have time so hopefully things will progress before then.

Oh no HQ i feel your pain and know exactly how you feel. In hindsight i would advise you to try to relax, not to worry or think too much about it. Continue on as normal with every day things. As you saw in my case, things can happen very quickly. Baby will come when ready but hopefully youll have a bit more time to react than i did lol.

I feel so annoyed with myself for getting so worked up about the things that i couldnt control. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but really, worry just causes you grief and upset. It can become all consuming if you let it so try distract yourself and enjoy the time you have left. Get those little bits and pieces done.

Thanks Flo, yes you're right. I'm going to give myself the rest of today to moan/sulk and feel sorry for myself, then it's back to normal tomorrow. :-) in good news i get to enjoy the lovely weather! How are you since Flo? And how is the new addition settling in?

Thanks Flo, yes you're right. I'm going to give myself the rest of today to moan/sulk and feel sorry for myself, then it's back to normal tomorrow. :-) in good news i get to enjoy the lovely weather! How are you since Flo? And how is the new addition settling in?

Yes do take that poor me time and enjoy that weather. The wards in here are stiffling.

Im grand, a bit stiff, my bum cheeks are killing me 😂 baby is great, really coming into her own now. Cluster fed all night which is normal apparently. Dont recall it on the others. Busy ward last night aswell. Cant wait to go home. Theyre just checking babys calc levels after my condition. Bloods were normal yesterday so expect the same tomorrow.

Yes do take that poor me time and enjoy that weather. The wards in here are stiffling.

Im grand, a bit stiff, my bum cheeks are killing me 😂 baby is great, really coming into her own now. Cluster fed all night which is normal apparently. Dont recall it on the others. Busy ward last night aswell. Cant wait to go home. Theyre just checking babys calc levels after my condition. Bloods were normal yesterday so expect the same tomorrow.

Delighted ye are both doing so well. Will you be kept in much longer do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Flo09 is a superhero when it comes to giving birth. I didn't do much really, just caught baby on the way out. And provided my hand to be crushed for pain relief during the contractions :). Shuffling on my knees while cradling baby in tandem with Flo09 walking from bottom of stairs to couch while cradling baby was an experience alright. One I'd prefer not to ever do again :). The seconds until that first cry seemed to pass painfully slowly. We can't wait to have you both home tomorrow!!

ifElseThen wrote: »
    Flo09 is a superhero when it comes to giving birth. I didn't do much really, just caught baby on the way out. And provided my hand to be crushed for pain relief during the contractions :). Shuffling on my knees while cradling baby in tandem with Flo09 walking from bottom of stairs to couch while cradling baby was an experience alright. One I'd prefer not to ever do again :). The seconds until that first cry seemed to pass painfully slowly. We can't wait to have you both home tomorrow!!

Aw wow. Such an amazing experience. Well done to you both.

ifElseThen wrote: »

Stop stealing my thunder husband dear. This is the pregnancy thread, go post in motor or something manly lol youre not a real midwife lol

Delighted ye are both doing so well. Will you be kept in much longer do you know?

Hoping to get out tomorrow although my mam says its bad luck to get out on a sat.

• Advertisement

Awwwww... ifelsethen and flo ye are as cute! Feeling the love across the internet. What an amazing story and experience for you both and thank god all ended so well. Well flo hope you get out whenever suits you and that ye enjoy the new arrival, sounds like ye will have yere hands full if their entrance in to the world is anything to go by! 😉

Advertisement