Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Welcome shakencat, hope you're feeling well. Flo how are you keeping? Laylag great to hear you are doing so well

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flo09

Welcome shakencat, hope you're feeling well. Flo how are you keeping? Laylag great to hear you are doing so well

Hey, doing ok. Back at the hosp tomorrow so will prob have to accept induction but on the bright side i get to meet baba. Had kind of lost sight of that.

Welcome shakencat too. How do you feel about going that bit earlier. Ive dodged one induction attempt lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

ah i felt scared crapless earlier!

but ive calmed now!
    its the best for her, so i have to go with it!

Just hope all goes well!!

weird to see people in here having the babies, i was one of the first due in the May group haha!

shakencat wrote: »
    ah i felt scared crapless earlier!

but ive calmed now!
    its the best for her, so i have to go with it!

Just hope all goes well!!

weird to see people in here having the babies, i was one of the first due in the May group haha!

Ah it will.

Yeah last week i just wasnt ready and was convinced i could go myself. 40+5 tomorrow so dont think its going to happen. This is my 5th and have never gone this far over but think it may be down to my own health issues. Had to have surgery at 13 wks.

so what happening? how long will your hospital let you go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone else awake for hours during the night? 38 weeks now and I want more sleep!!!
    Also anyone else notice baby is moving a little less now that there is even less room to move?

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone else awake for hours during the night? 38 weeks now and I want more sleep!!!
    Also anyone else notice baby is moving a little less now that there is even less room to move?

Yes! To both questions! Baby movement has definitely changed/reduced in last 2 to 3 weeks for me. I'll be 40 weeks Wednesday. Lack of sleep is a killer too...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Blingy wrote:
    Anyone else awake for hours during the night? 38 weeks now and I want more sleep!!! Also anyone else notice baby is moving a little less now that there is even less room to move?

That was me for the last week too, very frustrating just lying there wide awake! Although I still haven't slept really tonight, the little man loving the boob all night but on the plus I'm getting gorgeous snuggles!

I'm barely sleeping, but she makes an appearance tomorrow!

My lord.

I still don't believe we're going to be parents?
    We're not mature enough for this responsibility!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

They teach you how Shakencat.Mind you I was just thinking last night I have two and I am still totally winging it most days specially with the older one.

• Advertisement

ainy wrote: »
    That was me for the last week too, very frustrating just lying there wide awake! Although I still haven't slept really tonight, the little man loving the boob all night but on the plus I'm getting gorgeous snuggles!

Aw that's so lovely but I remember those nights so well getting no sleep and feeding constantly that's why I want to sleep now. It's so frustrating!!!

Yes! To both questions! Baby movement has definitely changed/reduced in last 2 to 3 weeks for me. I'll be 40 weeks Wednesday. Lack of sleep is a killer too...

Glad I'm not the only one. It's a killer though isn't it. I'll ask in holles st at my appointment tomorrow about the movement but they rarely have an answer for it.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's a killer though isn't it. I'll ask in holles st at my appointment tomorrow about the movement but they rarely have an answer for it.

Yes do ask for reassurance. I know i was a bit worried initially. I asked at a midwife appointment two weeks ago and was told as long as movement is fairly regular a change at this stage is completely normal due to baby having less room.

Yes do ask for reassurance. I know i was a bit worried initially. I asked at a midwife appointment two weeks ago and was told as long as movement is fairly regular a change at this stage is completely normal due to baby having less room.

Great to know. Thank you!!

shakencat wrote: »
    so what happening? how long will your hospital let you go?

Just at the hosp now for my apt. Id say theyll book me in today

Im sleeping now thankfully, wasnt at 38 wks. Baby is still so active despite being 40 wks. Its a real tiddley movement though, like shes mooching into position. About time lol

flo09 wrote: »
    Im sleeping now thankfully, wasnt at 38 wks. Baby is still so active despite being 40 wks. Its a real tiddley movement though, like shes mooching into position. About time lol

How did your appointment go Flo? Did they keep u in?

How did your appointment go Flo? Did they keep u in?

Still waiting to be seen. Although when getting my blood pressure taken they didnt seem too concerned about me being overdue. Im actually afraid now they wont keep me in. Just need to get things moving now i think.

Still waiting to be seen. Although when getting my blood pressure taken they didnt seem too concerned about me being overdue. Im actually afraid now they wont keep me in. Just need to get things moving now i think.

Booked in for thurs. So the end is insight.

Booked in for thurs. So the end is insight.

That's great flo!!!

• Advertisement

That's great flo!!!

Yeah will be a relief to have it done and to finally meet her. My kids ask me every morning if she'll be coming out today lol

Yeah will be a relief to have it done and to finally meet her. My kids ask me every morning if she'll be coming out today lol

Delighted you finally have some certainty Flo. Hope everyone else is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Help! Totally forgot to get the whooping cough vaccine... I’m due in for section next Tuesday and GP says they need to order it in. I got it for my first two but that was a 5 years ago now. Should I see if I can get it elsewhere? I can’t believe I forgot! I’m really worried about it now... along with worrying about everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Help! Totally forgot to get the whooping cough vaccine... I’m due in for section next Tuesday and GP says they need to order it in. I got it for my first two but that was a 5 years ago now. Should I see if I can get it elsewhere? I can’t believe I forgot! I’m really worried about it now... along with worrying about everything else!

Maybe check with a different GP, mine actually had it in stock so they didn't need to order it in. Don't worry it'll be okay :)

Ladies i havent suffered from swelling so far this pregnancy but this morning my rings felt tight so i took them off. This evening my SIL noticed my ankles were swollen and getting in to bed there now I feel my legs are a bit swollen. Feel ok, bit of pressure/sensation maybe down below and baby moving as normal... could this be something starting or just another pregnancy thing?

Ladies i havent suffered from swelling so far this pregnancy but this morning my rings felt tight so i took them off. This evening my SIL noticed my ankles were swollen and getting in to bed there now I feel my legs are a bit swollen. Feel ok, bit of pressure/sensation maybe down below and baby moving as normal... could this be something starting or just another pregnancy thing?

Did you have an abnormally busy day? I find my ankles swell a little towards the end of the day. Maybe do some leg stretches to move the fluid around. Keep legs elevated for a while. Not sure if it's actually a sign of things moving though.

Carrie6OD wrote: »

Don't panic. Ring another doctor and see if they have it in stock. I chose not to get it and I'm not worried at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

It could be normal pregnancy swelling but it’s also a sign of blood pressure rising and you have had no swelling until now. I’d ring the midwifes to be sure

Oh no, it's D day!!!

• Advertisement

Swelling went down within an hour of lying down. Must have just been that I was on my feet more. . My due date today so think it was just wishful thinking that swelling might be a sign of things getting started.

Best of luck today Shakencat

Advertisement