Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I have my bags more or less packed. One for labour ward and one for the ward afterwards. I used a carry on sized case for the ward but I can't fit everything in. What size bags do people bring? Is it wrong to bring a big case? Seems a bit much. I don't even have loads in there. Strange the things ya worry about!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Carry on is fine, you will be sending OH home with dirty stuff and telling him clean stuff to bring in.Arrange clean stuff at home so he can put his hands on it easy!Spare pjs, going home clothes, spare baby stuff, baby blanket, whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Getting sharp low vaginal pain recently. Get it when baby moves too. Could this be the head engaging? It's been happening for a few days now. Or is it just baby hitting a nerve. I still feel movement quite high up so I don't think baby has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

RubyXI wrote:
    Getting sharp low vaginal pain recently. Get it when baby moves too. Could this be the head engaging? It's been happening for a few days now. Or is it just baby hitting a nerve. I still feel movement quite high up so I don't think baby has dropped.

I've been getting this on and off too, can't remember it from my first, not sure what exactly it is. I was thinking it was just baby's head moving a bit but not exactly sure. It fairly stops me in my tracks though and I can't move for a minute or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

RubyXI wrote: »

I think this is called lightening crotch but could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

I have been getting that sharp vaginal pain too...lightening crotch is definitely a good description! Exciting day today, my husband and I made an offer on a property we went to look at last week. We've been looking to buy since Christmas and viewed a good few properties but this was the first one we have actually made a move on. Obviously a long road to go yet and it might not work out, but exciting none the less 😊

In other news nesting is in full swing here. I've painted three rooms so far. Ordered new curtains, husband put together the cot and I've washed all the hand-me-downs that my sister-in-law kindly gave me. Wish i was this motivated to keep the house ticking over normally!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I have my bags packed and my check up Holles St today went well although the waiting room was bulging at the seams, there must be a baby boom because it seems to be much busier than two years ago.

I'm trying to enjoy my last few weeks before baby arrives but it seems to have coincided with my toddler embracing the terrible twos as he's been a nightmare the last few evenings. If the baby was here I'd be thinking the two were connected so god knows what he'll be like when he has to share Mammy and Daddy's attention!

I'm trying to enjoy my last few weeks before baby arrives but it seems to have coincided with my toddler embracing the terrible twos as he's been a nightmare the last few evenings. If the baby was here I'd be thinking the two were connected so god knows what he'll be like when he has to share Mammy and Daddy's attention!

Oh I hear you. My girl just turned 3, I have been attempting to toilet train her but she is so stubborn and point blank refuses to go to bathroom or use the potty. Has a meltdown if I even mention sitting on toilet. Going to have to give up now until after baby comes. I thought now that she was older it would be a walk in the park, I was very wrong!! The joys!

I have been so uncomfortable the last few nights, loads of Braxton hicks. My bump has definitely dropped in the last few days too which has eased the heartburn at least.
    Think I finally have all packed for hospital and have come up with the plan for if I go in to labour, who will mind our daughter.

Not sure what else I need to organise but I'm sure I have forgotten something!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Well my April baby became a March baby! Arrived last weekend.. safe and sound and doing well. Amazing feeling to have her here. Best of luck to everyone over the coming weeks. Finish line is in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Well my April baby became a March baby! Arrived last weekend.. safe and sound and doing well. Amazing feeling to have her here. Best of luck to everyone over the coming weeks. Finish line is in sight!

Oh wow, congratulations :) hope you're both doing well :)

• Advertisement

Had my 36 wk hospital appointment on Friday, got a bit of a land when the first thing the doctor said was have you thought about how baby gets here?!! She went on to say with my history from the first birth and my current varicose veins and swelling down there that is a valid reason to opt for a c section.

I was a bit taken aback. Of course I have had thoughts of how it would be easier to have section than go through labour again. I am fairly terrified to be honest (Sorry to the first timers) but I didn't think they would just give me a choice. She said she would love if I went vaginally but the option is there.

I would need to let them know at my next appointment so they could schedule the section. I'll be 38+4 at appointment.
    Bit confused as to what to do, I don't think I would mind vaginal delivery if I went myself but thoughts of being induced again terrify me! Then again the recovery and surgery itself from a c section scare me too. I'm not a good patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flo09

Hi girls, just seeing this thread. Due my 5th on april 12th. Got some last bits and pieces today but have yet to pack my bags. Enjoying the midterm with my children before babs arrives.

Blingy wrote: »
    Aw History Queen. Our bodies really do go through so much. But yes you will need them and will go through quite a few in the first few days. They aren't the most pleasant of pads but they do the job. To be honest you will be so busy with your new baba you will just be glad they are huge and work well. I bought some Tena lady after a while as they were nicer and softer.

Yeah i tend to opt for incontinence nappies as they stay put and feel more secure.

Aw congrats crybabygeeks! Hope mum is well too!

flo09 wrote:
    Hi girls, just seeing this thread. Due my 5th on april 12th. Got some last bits and pieces today but have yet to pack my bags. Enjoying the midterm with my children before babs arrives.

Wow Flo, number 5 fair play!! And heres me worrying how I'll cope with 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Congratulations crybabygeeks, I hope all is going well for you and baby :)

ainy wrote: »
    Wow Flo, number 5 fair play!! And heres me worrying how I'll cope with 2!

You'll do great. You just need to be more organised which isnt a bad thing. I found with one, i was a bit lazy. Having the second makes you get out and about more. The biggest change is going from 1 to 2. Once you manage that anymore doesnt make much of a diff 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

ainy wrote:
    I would need to let them know at my next appointment so they could schedule the section. I'll be 38+4 at appointment. Bit confused as to what to do, I don't think I would mind vaginal delivery if I went myself but thoughts of being induced again terrify me! Then again the recovery and surgery itself from a c section scare me too. I'm not a good patient!

Hi ainy...I had a C section two weeks ago and honestly I am feeling great now. This first week was painful but with each day I am getting stronger and stronger. This is my second pregnancy ...I had a natural labour for my first. Both have their pros and cons...the agony of labour I feel is matched by the post op recovery pain and the time it takes to get back up and about. However I did like having a planned c section as it was sooo quick and controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Hi ladies.. hope you don't mind me popping in here too.. I'm due my 3rd on April 23rd.. I was an avid boards poster for my 1st baby and just came back on here last week to see who's in the same boat as myself (I don't know anyone that's pregnant at moment and no one seems that interested when you're pregnant with your third haha)..

Currently baba is spinning about inside, it was breech last week, went in on Monday and head was down, by Monday evening i had head sticking out one of my sides and bum out the other.. they said I've lots of fluid and baba likes swimming.. we'll see again on Monday.

Otherwise I'm grand but knackered, with a 3.5 year old and 20 month old to mind during day.. every old lady I meet likes to tell me I'll have my hands full.. wow really?

Anyhow that's me ..looking forward to hearing all the birth stories over next month or so :-)

laylag wrote:
    Hi ainy...I had a C section two weeks ago and honestly I am feeling great now. This first week was painful but with each day I am getting stronger and stronger. This is my second pregnancy ...I had a natural labour for my first. Both have their pros and cons...the agony of labour I feel is matched by the post op recovery pain and the time it takes to get back up and about. However I did like having a planned c section as it was sooo quick and controlled.

Thanks laylag, thats good to hear, I will have to mull it all over. Still have time to decide.

• Advertisement

Hi missfire, I'm due same day as you with my second. Feel like we are getting to the business end of this whole thing now, it has definitely gone faster than first time around. Just lack of energy getting me down and my iron is doing fine.

Hope baba will turn head down for you and stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Massive congratulations crybabygeeks. Welcome flo and missfire, hope both your pregnancies are going well. I'm getting so uncomfortable the last few days... just my bump dropping, no pain or anything but I just feel more awkward and have definitely developed a very attractive waddle! Other than that though I'm in good form starting to get a bit nervous about baby arriving... hoping I won't go early as need the next two weeks mentally.

How are all the rest of you feeling now that we are reaching the end of our pregnancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Thanks everyone. We're doing fine. I ended up with an unplanned section which wasn't my preference but am a week on and feeling good. Baby healthy and thriving (nips.feel every second of it :)). It's the best feeling though and all the discomfort is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey all. Popping in here too. Due my 2nd (another girl) 23rd april, only 3 weeks to go. 1st daughter is 3 and she can't wait. All good here apart the usual heartburn, backaches and tiredness , just ready to have her now.

er1983 wrote:
    Hey all. Popping in here too. Due my 2nd (another girl) 23rd april, only 3 weeks to go. 1st daughter is 3 and she can't wait. All good here apart the usual heartburn, backaches and tiredness , just ready to have her now.

Same dates was me, on my second too and have a 3 year old girl. We don't know what we are having though!

I am definitely ready to have baby now, so glad its finally April. My feet are starting to swell, and I have slowed way down. its getting more difficult to do things with my little girl and then the guilt kicks in with that! I have been a bit of an emotional wreck at times!!

How is everyone else? Anyone due this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Not due until the 30th and really need to rest. I have had a cough and cold for weeks and weeks and I thought it was gone only for it to come back ten fold this weekend. Nothing seems to get rid of it and I feel miserable and sore. Wish I was finished work but not due to finish until the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Feeling sorry for myself... all 4 of us at home have the vomiting bug. I could cry! I’m feeling so awful with SPD and general pregnancy issues (heartburn is a curse) but now this! Due in 3 weeks, I’m just hoping there’s no bad effects on the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Morning girls, yesterday was due date and baby has decided to stay put for a bit longer. Have defo had a few little indications that baby is on the way, but none of the big ones, no mucous plug, no steady contractions no water breaking. My discharge has changed though (I know TMI). It's more watery, but not like a slow trickle and not constant, it seems to happen when I get up and walk around, like it was building up as I was lying/sitting down. It's been happening since yesterday afternoon, has anyone had this before? I want to call the hospital to get a midwife opinion, but I hate the idea of wasting their time. Plus I have a check up in the hospital tomorrow anyway and I live quite far away so 'dropping in' is not an easy option, am I being silly, should I just call?

Carrie6OD wrote:
    Feeling sorry for myself... all 4 of us at home have the vomiting bug. I could cry! I’m feeling so awful with SPD and general pregnancy issues (heartburn is a curse) but now this! Due in 3 weeks, I’m just hoping there’s no bad effects on the baby.

Oh no Carrie, that sounds awful, as long as you can keep hydrated and baby is moving well then I'm sure all will be ok. No harm in ringing maternity unit for advice anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I would say call them. I was always told if I had any doubts to ring and there was no such thing as bothering them or a silly question.

Advertisement