Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭hbert

Is there any point buying any newborn vests and gros as they seem to only fit up to 7lb6oz... what do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

hbert wrote: »
    Is there any point buying any newborn vests and gros as they seem to only fit up to 7lb6oz... what do ye think?

I didn’t buy any. My husband bought one thing because it was cute and he’d grown out of it in about a week. My little boy was 7lb leaving hospital and the 0-1 month stuff was a bit big but he grew into it quickly. We switched to 0-3 months when he was 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

hbert wrote:

I think I bought one packet as a just in case baby came early kind of way. We used the up to 1 month for first couple weeks and then 0-3, still haven't looked at my bits this time round!

Just got call from hospital, my 32 week appointment on Friday has been cancelled and rescheduled for next Friday instead!
    Hope you girls get your scans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Oh ladies.
    I had my growth scan today. Am at 35 weeks and baby is only measuring 4lbs 5. So had to wait around for hours to see the doc. The doctor saw me and has now said baby is too small and wants me in in two weeks to induce me. She is breech still so could be c section if she's still breech. Said one of the reasons for a small baby could be downs syndrome but that's only a tiny possibility. I have been signed off work now with immediate effect....I am sick with worry now. I have had such an uneventful pregnancy the whole way through and had a major shock today with this news. Please god she is just small and there's nothing else wrong. Cannot believe she'll be here in 2 weeks.

laylag wrote:
    Oh ladies. I had my growth scan today. Am at 35 weeks and baby is only measuring 4lbs 5. So had to wait around for hours to see the doc. The doctor saw me and has now said baby is too small and wants me in in two weeks to induce me. She is breech still so could be c section if she's still breech. Said one of the reasons for a small baby could be downs syndrome but that's only a tiny possibility. I have been signed off work now with immediate effect....I am sick with worry now. I have had such an uneventful pregnancy the whole way through and had a major shock today with this news. Please god she is just small and there's nothing else wrong. Cannot believe she'll be here in 2 weeks.

Oh laylag, i'd say that was such a shock for you, hopefully its just that she is small and nothing else, will be thinking of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

laylag wrote: »
    Oh ladies.
    I had my growth scan today. Am at 35 weeks and baby is only measuring 4lbs 5. So had to wait around for hours to see the doc. The doctor saw me and has now said baby is too small and wants me in in two weeks to induce me. She is breech still so could be c section if she's still breech. Said one of the reasons for a small baby could be downs syndrome but that's only a tiny possibility. I have been signed off work now with immediate effect....I am sick with worry now. I have had such an uneventful pregnancy the whole way through and had a major shock today with this news. Please god she is just small and there's nothing else wrong. Cannot believe she'll be here in 2 weeks.

Laylag I'm so sorry to hear this, try not to fret too much although that is easier said than done. Please god just a petite little baba and nothing else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

ainy wrote:
    Just got call from hospital, my 32 week appointment on Friday has been cancelled and rescheduled for next Friday instead! Hope you girls get your scans though.

Where was this ainy? I haven't heard anything about mine being cancelled yet so not sure what's happening

RubyXI wrote:
    Where was this ainy? I haven't heard anything about mine being cancelled yet so not sure what's happening

Cavan, theres a thread started today by a mod about all the different hospitals clinic appointments,

Thanks ainy and ruby. I'll keep you posted..fingers crossed on a good outcome! Trying to stay positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Oh ladies.

I had a growth scan yesterday (34+4) and the sonographer told me that from now on they'd expect the baby to put on half a pound a week. So that'd bring yours up to sevenish pounds? Not in any way contradicting your medical advice- but it might put your mind at ease a wee bit. Hope all goes ok for you.

• Advertisement

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I had a growth scan yesterday (34+4) and the sonographer told me that from now on they'd expect the baby to put on half a pound a week. So that'd bring yours up to sevenish pounds? Not in any way contradicting your medical advice- but it might put your mind at ease a wee bit. Hope all goes ok for you.

Thanks so much! Hopefully she starts packing on some weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Laylag, I'm just popping in to say that I was told my baby was 3-4 lb at 40 weeks and I was induced immediately but out popped a perfect little 7lb baby. I was so worried but it all turned out well. Just wanted to let you know that the scans can and are wrong and they're not trying to scare you but also they can't ignore a baby that could be having placental issues. Chin up, you got this!

Laylag, I'm just popping in to say that I was told my baby was 3-4 lb at 40 weeks and I was induced immediately but out popped a perfect little 7lb baby. I was so worried but it all turned out well. Just wanted to let you know that the scans can and are wrong and they're not trying to scare you but also they can't ignore a baby that could be having placental issues. Chin up, you got this!

Thanks lemonposset.
    Great to hear some positive stories...fingers crossed she's bigger than what they think.

What kind of clothes should I pack for the hospital and going home? Will I still be in maternity clothes?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For going home I'd plan to dress like you're 5-6 months pregnant. As comfortable as possible and consider the possibility of a section so high waists are better.

I was in hospital for 9 nights having #2 and wore H&M maternity yoga pants most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Yes comfy clothes for going home is a must!!

RubyXI wrote:
    What kind of clothes should I pack for the hospital and going home? Will I still be in maternity clothes?

To be honest last time I wore the same clothes home that i went in wearing and I'll be doing the same this time.

Being stuck at home for last few days I actually started to get a little bit organised, washed all the neutral baby clothes and the car seat cover. And made a list for the hospital bag. Feeling a bit more prepared now.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Same! Finally packed a few bits - didn't take long. Once baby clothes are washed, that's the bulk of it done. Ticking along nicely now! Can't believe I've under 4 weeks left until due date.. Bring it on!!

Same! Finally packed a few bits - didn't take long. Once baby clothes are washed, that's the bulk of it done. Ticking along nicely now! Can't believe I've under 4 weeks left until due date.. Bring it on!!

Oh you must be due very start of April, in not due til 23rd so still 7 weeks left for me, I actually have just 4 weeks left in work, although I'm doubting I'll make it that far.

Do ye think it's necessary to wash new baby clothes, towels, sheets before use? Some are saying yes some are saying no need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

ainy wrote: »
    Oh you must be due very start of April, in not due til 23rd so still 7 weeks left for me, I actually have just 4 weeks left in work, although I'm doubting I'll make it that far.

Due at the start so getting there. I'm taking an additional week of leave from work. It's become very uncomfortable recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I'm determined to get my hospital bag sorted this weekend, I'm finding hard to muster the energy for anything lately. I'm really feeling my size now, whether it's turning in bed or reaching for something - it's such an effort!

I washed babyclothes when I was pregnant first time around, fortunately my mother took it upon herself to do it for me this time :)

Starting to think about packing a hospital bag here too. Had midwife clinic today and have been signed off work with strict instructions to rest. I have been struggling with tiredness and my iron levels and blood pressure keep reading low so that combined with shortness of breath and a couple of dizzy spells this week meant my husband started off the appointment telling the midwife "she's not able to work but she's going to lie and say she is".

I know he's only concerned but i was annoyed, i only had 10 more working days anyway so felt I'd manage but no, whisked off to the doctor to be signed off....I didn't expect it to be honest as i was intending to finish work in 2 weeks anyway so thought they'd leave me to struggle on imonly 34 weeks so very early to be out... a bit annoyed for not standing up for myself more 2 be honest as I'm a teacher and really really wanted to get last few bits done with my exam classes before I left.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No History queen that was me last time.I also have it this time and I am.making the decision to end early.A week or so and you will feel much better (and realise how bad you were feeling).There are no prizes for hanging in there!Did they tell you to take iron?

History queen I know exactly how your feeling, I'm 34 wks Monday and due to finish work at 36 and half weeks, I'm a nurse.
    Had a hosp appointment today and the midwife was saying I should get signed off, I'm feeling exactly as you describe plus a few palpitations for good measure! but I didn't ask when I went in to the doctor then though.

I am going to go to gp Monday or Tuesday and get it done! On my last one I ended up sitting on the floor in the middle of the corridor and finished up at 35 wks. So I don't want to push myself to that point again, I get what your saying about feeling like your giving up but I just know how much better I felt once I finished up last time.

Thanks for the replies ladies, ya I'm on iron since December. > actually feel a lot better this evening after ringing my principal to explain and he was very supportive and said he was delighted i was finishing as he felt I looked tired lately and wished me well with everything and told me to forget about work for the next 6 months. Don't feel as guilty now and I cooked my husband his favourite dinner this evening to apologise for being a moody cow when he was just looking out for me and the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Low iron is no joke, look after yourself History Queen. I had really low iron after my birth and it was horrendous. And the tablets I had to take for 6 weeks were even worse!

Hi ladies. Looks like I'll be first to go here in our April club and won't make it to April! Have been booked in for a C section on Wednesday coz little Baba is still breech and looking smaller than expected...please god she is ok. Am v nervous and can't believe I won't be pregnant in a couple of days. Wish me luck XXX I'll pop back on when it's all over to let ye know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Hi ladies. Looks like I'll be first to go here in our April club and won't make it to April! Have been booked in for a C section on Wednesday coz little Baba is still breech and looking smaller than expected...please god she is ok. Am v nervous and can't believe I won't be pregnant in a couple of days. Wish me luck XXX I'll pop back on when it's all over to let ye know how it goes!

Oh laylag wishing you the very very best of luck with the section. Will be thinking of you and your baba. I'm keeping all fingers crossed that everything will be fine :)

• Advertisement

laylag wrote:

Oh laylag, how exciting and utterly nerve racking at the same time, will be thinking of you and your little one, fingers crossed all goes well for you both, would love to hear how you get on, good luck x

Advertisement