Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Best wishes to you and your little one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

laylag wrote: »
    Hi ladies. Looks like I'll be first to go here in our April club and won't make it to April! Have been booked in for a C section on Wednesday coz little Baba is still breech and looking smaller than expected...please god she is ok. Am v nervous and can't believe I won't be pregnant in a couple of days. Wish me luck XXX I'll pop back on when it's all over to let ye know how it goes!

The very best of luck with everything laylag, fingers crossed for you and please God all will be well. Thinking of you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Hi ladies. Looks like I'll be first to go here in our April club and won't make it to April! Have been booked in for a C section on Wednesday coz little Baba is still breech and looking smaller than expected...please god she is ok. Am v nervous and can't believe I won't be pregnant in a couple of days. Wish me luck XXX I'll pop back on when it's all over to let ye know how it goes!

Best of luck Laylag. Enjoy all those delicious new baby snuggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Blingy wrote: »
    Best of luck Laylag. Enjoy all those delicious new baby snuggles.

Best of luck!!! So exciting and it will all be fine. You got this! Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

So 34 weeks today and got signed off! The relief I feel is unreal, need to tell work tomorrow now but i think most of them are expecting it to come!

• Advertisement

Delighted for you Ainy, for all my complaining about being signed off last week I'm just realising in the last day or two how much I needed to be at home. I'm 35 weeks now and really need to get cracking with hospital bag and picking up last few bits. Anyone have a hospital list that they think is fairly comprehensive but at the same time not excessive? I don't want to go overboard but still want to be reasonably well prepared.

Also Laylag was thinking of you yesterday, hope you are recovering at the mo and enjoying meeting your new bundle of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Good morning Ladies!
    So yesterday was a long wait for the c section but once we got into theatre it was over in a flash. We now have an absolutely gorgeous baby girl weighing in at 4lbs 10oz. She is tiny but perfect and we are obsessed with her. So so relieved that she is here. All her clothes are swimming on her but nothing that a lot of bottles won't sort out for her. We are just over the moon!
    Looking forward to hearing all about your new arrivals in the coming days and weeks. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Good morning Ladies!
    So yesterday was a long wait for the c section but once we got into theatre it was over in a flash. We now have an absolutely gorgeous baby girl weighing in at 4lbs 10oz. She is tiny but perfect and we are obsessed with her. So so relieved that she is here. All her clothes are swimming on her but nothing that a lot of bottles won't sort out for her. We are just over the moon!
    Looking forward to hearing all about your new arrivals in the coming days and weeks. Xxx

Oh yay laylag! So so so happy for you :):) I bet you're enjoying all of those amazing newborn cuddles right now. Thrilled that your baby girl is okay, best of luck to you both :):)

laylag wrote:
    Good morning Ladies! So yesterday was a long wait for the c section but once we got into theatre it was over in a flash. We now have an absolutely gorgeous baby girl weighing in at 4lbs 10oz. She is tiny but perfect and we are obsessed with her. So so relieved that she is here. All her clothes are swimming on her but nothing that a lot of bottles won't sort out for her. We are just over the moon! Looking forward to hearing all about your new arrivals in the coming days and weeks. Xxx

Aw delighted all went well and baby is here safe and sound, enjoy all those new baby snuggles xx

Oh Laylag that is fantastic news! So thrilled for you, it must be fantastic to be at the other side of it all now after all the worry and stress. Huge congrats to you and your family

• Advertisement

Delighted for you Ainy, for all my complaining about being signed off last week I'm just realising in the last day or two how much I needed to be at home. I'm 35 weeks now and really need to get cracking with hospital bag and picking up last few bits. Anyone have a hospital list that they think is fairly comprehensive but at the same time not excessive? I don't want to go overboard but still want to be reasonably well prepared.

You just reminded me to get on with packing my bag! I don't really have a set list, I have googled a few and kind of going to bring what I want from each list! I did write them all down and make my own list but now I can't find that list!

Good morning Ladies!

Huge congrats!!!! What a relief and a special time. So exciting for you All. She'll fill those clothes in no time :) enjoy it all And wll done Mama!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Good morning Ladies!

Congrats Laylag :D

Congrats Laylag that's great news. Delighted baba has arrived safely. Enjoy the whirlwind :)

Great news Ainy that you have been signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Congratulations ladylag, hopefully there'll be lots a happy announcements in this thread over the coming weeks:)

Hi everyone, I hope ye are all keeping well. Just to say I found this hospital bag list from Eumom and it is what I'm using for packing my bag, i thought some of you might like it? Or more experienced ladies might weigh in on anything they would add/omit from this list.

Hi everyone, I hope ye are all keeping well. Just to say I found this hospital bag list from Eumom and it is what I'm using for packing my bag, i thought some of you might like it? Or more experienced ladies might weigh in on anything they would add/omit from this list.

I actually stumbled across the little booklet from eumom at the weekend, it was in the pack from the initial hospital visit. (That was the first time I opened the pack, so different from first time round when it was my bible!) The checklist was in that booklet and seeing it kicked me in to action and I packed my bag!

I find it a good one, the only thing I will add is some snacks and my gaviscon (it wasn't charted by doctor last time so midwife had to wait and then forgot!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mmm.hairdryer is probably excessive though I know some people bring them.You just dont really get a chance to use it.....

Thanks Ainy, and ya Shesty I was wondering about the hairdryer... just can't see myself blasting it on in a ward with other Mammys and babies....

Oh yeah I won't be bringing the hairdryer either! It's warm enough in the hospital that my hair would dry naturally quite quickly! ( Would be a fuzz ball but dry!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I got a travel Hairdryer in Penneys for €8. So if I don't get to use it it's no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I wouldn’t bother with the scratch mitts. They keep coming off and sleepsuits usually have in built scratch mitts you can fold over their hands.

I would pack two nappies in the labour bag. I packed one but the baby needed a change before my husband could go to the car to get the ward bag.

Ladies, had my first proper bout of nerves abput labpur today... all because of the hospital bag! Light hearted obviously but anyone who hasn't picked up maternity pads yet... be warned! Below is the text I sent my friend after I'd recovered my senses...

OH MY GOD.... went in to town today and couldn't find maternity pads in the chemist...asked nice lady behind the counter and she helpfully located them for me.... SWEET LAMB OF GOD.... my face said it all.... what the hell can I expect after birth?! Will there be a tidal wave?? Should I issue a tsunami warning??? Will people drown??? ... nice lady behind the counter has clearly had babies herself "first baby? " ( i nodded as I'd lost the power of speech after seeing the massive yokes she'd just brought me! ) "pop em in to the hospital bag luv, and forget about em- next time you see em you'll be delighted "... YOU DIDN'T WARN ME!

Ladies, had my first proper bout of nerves abput labpur today... all because of the hospital bag! Light hearted obviously but anyone who hasn't picked up maternity pads yet... be warned! Below is the text I sent my friend after I'd recovered my senses...

OH MY GOD.... went in to town today and couldn't find maternity pads in the chemist...asked nice lady behind the counter and she helpfully located them for me.... SWEET LAMB OF GOD.... my face said it all.... what the hell can I expect after birth?! Will there be a tidal wave?? Should I issue a tsunami warning??? Will people drown??? ... nice lady behind the counter has clearly had babies herself "first baby? " ( i nodded as I'd lost the power of speech after seeing the massive yokes she'd just brought me! ) "pop em in to the hospital bag luv, and forget about em- next time you see em you'll be delighted "... YOU DIDN'T WARN ME!

Aw History Queen. Our bodies really do go through so much. But yes you will need them and will go through quite a few in the first few days. They aren't the most pleasant of pads but they do the job. To be honest you will be so busy with your new baba you will just be glad they are huge and work well. I bought some Tena lady after a while as they were nicer and softer.

Oh history queen, I remember back to my first, no one had warned me just how much waters there were too, now I was induced and had my waters broken but still couldn't believe the amount that kept coming, felt like I was peeing myself all day.
    And then afterwards the amount of pads you go through is huge, and it's lasts for awhile. I think in total I was bleeding for about 10 days up to 2 weeks. But it gets lighter as the days go and you wouldn't need those big pads then, I went on to use the night time always and then daytime ones and then to pantyliners. Its not something people like to discuss!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There's quite a lot of liquid alright!That's why they say bring big knickers too, to hold the pads!But really it's only for the first few days afterwards, you can reduce down to more normal then.When you think about it there isn't just baby in there, there's a whole placenta too among other things.But your body knows what to do, and it really can return to normal quicker than you think.It's really amazing what it does.

I'd also suggest packing a couple of plastic bags.One for general rubbish (not pads, there are bins for those) and one for dirty clothes to send home with your OH.

Thanks ladies, i don't know what I was visualising... I mean I lnew maternity pads were going to be thicker and I had a notion of their function... I just didn't expect them to be quite so huge! My friend text me back an entire screen of laughing emojis and the words "you'll be grand" :-) just getting hair coloured at the moment... i underestimated what a challenge two hours in a hairdressers chair would be.... can't feel my backside!

Thanks ladies, i don't know what I was visualising... I mean I lnew maternity pads were going to be thicker and I had a notion of their function... I just didn't expect them to be quite so huge! My friend text me back an entire screen of laughing emojis and the words "you'll be grand" :-) just getting hair coloured at the moment... i underestimated what a challenge two hours in a hairdressers chair would be.... can't feel my backside!

I was in the hairdressers for 3.5 hours a few weeks ago... Almost killed someone by the end of it! So uncomfortable.. worth it though ;)

Ugh haemorrhoids, although not sure if its just them or varicose veins causing problems there. Its so uncomfortable, and I'm not constipated, so nothing much I can change to help the situation, using anusol cream. Just shipped my 3 yr old off to her grandad for the morning so I can have a bath. Fingers crossed it helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Just dropping by after seeing the pad talk as I remember the shock myself. I had to wear two at a time and was changing them every couple of hours in the first few days.

I also had no idea about knickers... I packed my normal size 10 knickers... there was no chance of the pad staying in there! I’d to send my mum out to get me ginormous big granny pants in size 14. Make sure you get black ones!!!

Advertisement