Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

flaneur wrote: »
    My concern is that all the social media attention gives the would be perpetrators of something like this the coverage that they wanted in the first place.

We can't ignore these incidents, and they need journalistic coverage, but we really need to try and avoid turning them into voyeuristic infotainment, with weird updates on death counts and so on.

These organisation thrive on that kind of publicity.

I don't think you'll ever get people to stop pointing smartphones at incidents and publishing to Twitter and Facebook though. It's really very much a technological genie out of a bottle.

Why is it "weird" to update on the number of deaths? Surely along with the fact that an attack has occurred that is just basic information and should be reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sharon Ni Bheolain just now one Six One News;

''And join us after the break when we return to the scene of the latest terrorist attack''.

The latest terrorist attack, just like that. Says it flipping all.

How far we've come. Foreign invaders mass murdering Europeans in the streets is normal, while Cork GAA fans flying flags is nazism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Gravelly wrote: »
    Distasteful yes, but I wonder if they are keeping our media some bit honest. Given the media attempts to deflect, minimise, and disperse blame for these attacks, I fear that without witness collaboration, we would be hearing media stories about a spate of unexplained vehicle accidents, mentally ill lone wolf shooters, or better still, right wing attacks.

Cologne attacks would have been covered up with out social media. It would become an urban legend and anyone who brought it up would be dismissed as a 'de foreigners are takin our women' racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

''And join us after the break when we return to the scene of the latest terrorist attack''.

Yeah was thinking the same myself was nearly like "back to this weeks match" the way she said it but is a sad reality that won't change this time either unfortunately will be many more of these attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Death toll reduced to one at the moment. The report of 13 dead was incorrect. Hopefully those injured recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Call me cynical, but I expect the usual candlelight vigil outside La Sagrada Fama and facebook page popping up.

Rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sarn wrote: »
    Death toll reduced to one at the moment. The report of 13 dead was incorrect. Hopefully those injured recover.

I'd say 13 will be more correct, those videos...... Those bodies, limp, motionless, crushed.

Evil C*nts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Why do Germans vote for Merkel or like her or am I missing something? Her policy was absolutely ridiculous and borderline treasonous. She seems utterly crap at her job.

jmayo wrote: »
    Call me cynical, but I expect the usual candlelight vigil outside La Sagrada Fama and facebook page popping up.

Rinse and repeat.

Yep que all the politicians condemning this terrible evil act etc etc and light the few candles and wait for the next time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Resist ZOG wrote: »
    I think it's better that we see what Islam does to Europe. The media will never show you the reality. Very hard to watch but necessary.

Your premise is sound enough.

They are not videoing to do you a service though. They are videoing because they are narcissistic selfish pricks whose first and last thought is their phone and Facebook profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Driss Oukabir, a Moroccan national named as the driver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So, what are the solutions to this crisis facing Europe?

Immigrate every Muslim, young and old back to their country of origin? Who knows who could be radicalized at some point...

Bomb their already war torn countries some more, hoping to kill the leaders of radicalization groups? Think we are doing that currently and its failing..

Stopping the further influx of immigrants into Europe and stop the offering of asylum? Seeing as we aren't exactly doing checks on immigrants, possibly allowing dangerous, influential radicalism into Europe..

It's a mess.. The seed has long been planted, it will probably only grow stronger in time and not a lot of amicable ways to prevent it from growing.

RIP to all those who lost their lives today in Barca and to those that western news fails to report about in middle eastern countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Last week a dingy from Morocco 'just rolled up' on a Spanish beach, and group of young lads leapt out, who knows who/what/where they are.
    Spain is expected to over Greece for immigration numbers as the taxi boat service on the other side of the Med has been restricted slightly after Italy expressed strong concerns.

lastweek.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Why do Germans vote for Merkel or like her or am I missing something? Her policy was absolutely ridiculous and borderline treasonous. She seems utterly crap at her job.

Most of them followed hitler to the bitter end.

And most of them had to have known they were losing the war from 1943 onwards.

Add to that the fact they are so ashamed of their own history they are afraid to dare say fook off lest they be called racist.

Danzy wrote: »

Wait for the was known by security services

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Those distressing videos should be shown on BBC RTÉ SKY so people can see what Islam has brought to Europe!
    We have to see what is happening especially in these times when we know we cannot trust politicians , media , clergy , judiciary , police .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Sharon is now talking about the other major news story of the day and that is getting Ibrahim Halawa back to Ireland, irrespective of a guilty finding. RTE interviewed the Egyptian ambassador and discussed Leo talking with the President of Egypt about this case.

One of Ibrahim Halawa Muslim's Brotherhood's stated aims is to create a state ruled by Sharia Law and I'm sure Ibrahim would love to have Sharia Law in Ireland.

Oh the irony on the day that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

Only on a two bob website like this would people be allowed to laugh and joke about people being tragically killed.i hope the owners of this site sleep well tonight.disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

What else would you expect her to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Saw the Video :(

The person with the camera is a **** of the highest order, counted 2 or 3 people lying motionless on the ground on their own, that's someones Daughter, camera person just keeps walking up and down.

I know its easy to say sitting behind a keyboard in the comfort of my own home but whipping out the camera would be the last thing on my mind.

• Advertisement

A deadly combination of national Stockholm syndrome, and greed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Yakult wrote: »

Immigrate every Muslim, young and old back to their country of origin? Who knows who could be radicalized at some point...

Bomb their already war torn countries some more, hoping to kill the leaders of radicalization groups? Think we are doing that currently and its failing..

Stopping the further influx of immigrants into Europe and stop the offering of asylum? Seeing as we aren't exactly doing checks on immigrants, possibly allowing dangerous, influential radicalism into Europe..

It's a mess.. The seed has long been planted, it will probably only grow stronger in time and not a lot of amicable ways to prevent it from growing.

RIP to all those who lost their lives today in Barca and to those that western news fails to report about in middle eastern countries.

1. Close the borders to illegal immigrants
    2. Strip the citizenship of those convicted of terrorist attacks
    3. No more moqsues
    4. Very heavy sentences for those involved in terrorism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Danzy wrote: »

It always bothers me how quickly and easily the authorities can identify these monsters - if they are watching them and as will no doubt be the case, know them to threats why don't they take them off the streets before they have a chance to attack?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Gravelly wrote: »
    How far we've come. Foreign invaders mass murdering Europeans in the streets is normal, while Cork GAA fans flying flags is nazism.
    We seem to be under some sort of mind control .

You cannot say what you believe in case it could be construed to be a tiny weeny bit racist .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Just another day in Europe. Was only there a few weeks ago and thought to myself how easy it would be to attack the Las Ramblas Sad state of affairs when that's the first thing that comes into ones head when in a crowded area in Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Kivaro wrote: »
    Sharon is now talking about the other major news story of the day and that is getting Ibrahim Halawa back to Ireland, irrespective of a guilty finding. RTE interviewed the Egyptian ambassador and discussed Leo talking with the President of Egypt about this case.

One of Ibrahim Halawa Muslim's Brotherhood's stated aims is to create a state ruled by Sharia Law and I'm sure Ibrahim would love to have Sharia Law in Ireland.

Oh the irony on the day that's in it.

Let him and his evil ideologies rot out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It always bothers me how quickly and easily the authorities can identify these monsters - if they are watching them and as will no doubt be the case, know them to threats why don't they take them off the streets before they have a chance to attack?

Like in other attacks, a passport was left in the van apparently. Should they be releasing this name before confirming it is actually the perpetrator?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Yakult wrote: »

Severely curtail the immigration now and defend the border of the EU. Yes stop offering a asylum. It's been abused for years. Simple really. Even if this was implemented, we'd still be stretched fairly thin with home grown Islamic terrorism which admittedly there isn't a lot we can do about beyond surveillance.

Human rights etc etc

• Advertisement

Because that would be racist and islamophobic and you'd have mobs of black-clad "antifascists" rioting in the streets against it.

Advertisement