Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

13 killed :(

Reddit Live thread, if you want to stay updated to the minute https://www.reddit.com/live/zgbfbqqsl4h4/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

At least 13 dead now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

One of the busiest streets in Europe where that happened, truly sickening footage going around social media of dead kids on the floor absolute animals, Spain was due an attack I was more expecting a beach resort tbh, Heading to Barcelona tomorrow I hope the police have flooded the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Knex. wrote: »
    Just a heads up, as there's a few videos on reddit of the incident that are apparently absolutely harrowing to watch. Involves small kids motionless on the ground after the van incident.

Reading a lot of shocked comments after people watched the video without being fully prepared/aware, so keep it in mind when searching for more info.

Just saw one of those videos a few minutes ago. Really wish I hadn't watched it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    FFS again. That Merkel wench should be firmly booted out of office for what she has brought to Europe through uncontrolled immigration. I don't expect this to get better anytime soon.

As you walk down the Rambla, on your right hand side is an area of town called El Raval. It has been a centre of immigration from North Africa, the Middle East, India and Pakistan for years and years. For all anyone knows, this lad or group of lads could be a Spaniard who grew up a hundred yards away.

Away and ****e with your anti immigrant nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I, for one, am going to wait for President Trump's considered, sensitive and thoughtful twitter response before engaging in idle speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's about time we got a few bollards at the end of Grafton Street & Henry street in Dublin. There are deliveries in the morning, but it shouldn't be hard to install something that is time dependent. Grafton street in particular is very vulnerable to something coming from the Trinity side at speed - and I don't have much faith in our security forces and their "low risk" assurances, these isolated ****ers aren't too choosy about who they kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Seriously doubt this is the anti tourism activists. They sound like platitudinous crusty types, not terrorist MO like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

At least 13 dead and many kids. I feel heartbroken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I was due to be in Barcelona 2 weeks today..

No one care, millions of people are due to be there in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Danzy wrote: »
    Their version of Islam is as valid as any others.

It is a faith whose founder killed and raped his way across Arabia.

When you have some people who take it seriously it is only naturally going to end in violence.

That religiously mandated violence was the thing that developed Islam from a small cult in Arabia to having conquered from Western India to Southern France within a life time of Mohamed's death.

The corollary of that is that the KKK is a perfectly valid version of Christianity which unspeakable atrocities have been carried out in the name of.

I'm willing to accept the notion the harm of all religion outweighs it's positives but targeting just one during these times is unhelpful at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Apparently the police are currently negotiating. If it is ISIS, they usually don't negotiate so I'm still quite confused as to who is doing this.

Police are negotiating right now with the people. They're in a Turkish restaurant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

As you walk down the Rambla, on your right hand side is an area of town called El Raval. It has been a centre of immigration from North Africa, the Middle East, India and Pakistan for years and years. For all anyone knows, this lad or group of lads could be a Spaniard emo grew up a hundred yards away.

+1 for bringing some humour to a dreadful story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Islam needs to be stopped.

I'd rather offend 1m people and save 1 life than pussyfoot around the issue and see people lay dead on the streets.

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning. With all the refugees brought into Europe, we're going to have more generations of muslims in years to come. More radicalisation and more deaths.

This times 100. I dont want to be a " wont somebody please think of the children " merchant but its scary to think what Europe will be like for our children in 20/30 years. Mass immigration of people with incompatible beliefs and lunatics just waiting to radicalise them.

I fear theres a long and bloody war starting, the likes we havent seen before and yes, whatever bull**** you might want to believe, Islam is the main driver of this evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

Maybe people will say its Spain and their foreign policy to blame?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭JPCN1

These people are no more representative of Islam than the KKK are of Christians. If they we're doing it in the name of Allah they'd be doing it in someone else's so I really don't get why people always have to start going on about the religion of the people involved. If you want to label them give them an accurate one: Cùnts.

Because they do this in the name of their religion... And you want us to ignore that??? FFS.

Was Spain involved in Iraq?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Islam needs to be stopped.

I'd rather offend 1m people and save 1 life than pussyfoot around the issue and see people lay dead on the streets.

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning. With all the refugees brought into Europe, we're going to have more generations of muslims in years to come. More radicalisation and more deaths.

There was one country that saved Europe from Islam and it was the Spanish. We don't thank them enough and cannot thank them enough. We would be under sharia law if it were not for them.

• Advertisement

tastyt wrote: »
    This times 100. I dont want to be a " wont somebody please think of the children " merchant but its scary to think what Europe will be like for our children in 20/30 years. Mass immigration of people with incompatible beliefs and lunatics just waiting to radicalise them.

I fear theres a long and bloody war starting, the likes we havent seen before and yes, whatever bull**** you might want to believe, Islam is the main driver of this evil.

Europe won't go go down without a fight. Even the Swedes are rebelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »
    One of the busiest streets in Europe where that happened, truly sickening footage going around social media of dead kids on the floor absolute animals, Spain was due an attack I was more expecting a beach resort tbh, Heading to Barcelona tomorrow I hope the police have flooded the place.

Trust me, you don't. The place is already flooded with cops. There are three different police forces active in the city and they can't stop it. Heavily armed cops at any venue even remotely public. Haven't got over how unsettling it is since I moved here.

A lad drove a van. Very little anybody can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

As you walk down the Rambla, on your right hand side is an area of town called El Raval. It has been a centre of immigration from North Africa, the Middle East, India and Pakistan for years and years. For all anyone knows, this lad or group of lads could be a Spaniard who grew up a hundred yards away.

Oh shut up. I'm not anti immigration. Im anti uncontrolled immigration. Theres a big difference so get off the ****ing pedastal.

The corollary of that is that the KKK is a perfectly valid version of Christianity which unspeakable atrocities have been carried out in the name of.

I'm willing to accept the notion the harm of all religion outweighs it's positives but targeting just one during these times is unhelpful at best.

How many terrorist attacks have they carried out on major european cities this past ten years?

Didn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

tiger55 wrote: »
    Was Spain involved in Iraq?

Aznar backed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

murpho999 wrote: »
    What is the solution?

The issue is certainly not ignored by society, media or politicians.

It's a major problem.

A radicalised minority of people with serious issues are conducting lone wolf attacks using Islam as the excuse.

No need for people to come on here and slate the entire religion. People seem to forget that the exact same things were said about Irish people by the British not too long ago after IRA atrocities.

Your claim that no one cares is ridiculous and you seem to be implying that more radical solutions should be done such as expelling all immigrants etc.

It's astonishing that people still come out with this guff. You wonder is there any volume or type of atrocity that will ever open their eyes. Of course it could be just like-begging virtue-signalling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

So far the range is 9 years ago to two weeks in the future, to be fair that person was the only one there in the present, but wasn't.

What?

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    FFS again. That Merkel wench should be firmly booted out of office for what she has brought to Europe through uncontrolled immigration. I don't expect this to get better anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If it was mainstream teaching in Christianity about the sanctity of battle, how Jesus killed hundreds here, took slaves there and he was to be followed, then there would be a corollary.

It is a faith founded by a mass murdering rapist not some hippy dropout walking the streets of Nazareth.

Of course, there is going to be a difference of outcome when it comes to violence.

Just imagine how brutal the West's history would have been if Chris had ordered people burnt, beheaded, raped, stoned, mass executions, battles etc etc.

Beliefs acted upon is important as well.

• Advertisement

There was one country that saved Europe from Islam and it was the Spanish. We don't thank them enough and cannot thank them enough. We would be under sharia law if it were not for them.

We can also be grateful to the Christian armies of Central and Eastern Europe. Never forget that Islam was on the doorstep of Vienna.

Advertisement