Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whilst people are getting all dramatic about today's incident they should realise that so far, exclding today in the whole of Europe that 34 people have been killed due to terrorism.

23 in Manchester and 11 in London.

Info here

There have been 99 people killed so far this year on the roads but people don't feel nervous about travelling in cars.

Why do you people keep on with this false equivalence?

99 people died on the roads. More people die from peanut allergies.

The key factor you all miss is - Intent.

Did the peanut intend to kill the person? Did the car or driver intend to kill the person?

FFS.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Whilst people are getting all dramatic about today's incident they should realise that so far, exclding today in the whole of Europe that 34 people have been killed due to terrorism.

Info here

There have been 99 people killed so far this year on the roads but people don't feel nervous about travelling in cars.

Paris?
    (BTW terrorism never stops me traveling)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Info here

Ah yes, let them kill a few dozen of us, shure who'll miss them?

If the roads start to deliberately kill us, I'll feel very nervous travelling them.

Do you try to minimise all murder, or just that perpetrated by muslims?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

An awful lot of terrrorists actually come from the country they attack.

Look at the incidents in Manchester and Belgium.

I said this before but of course it is usually ignored by those unwilling to acknowledge the camel in the corner of the room.

Attacks have been carreid out by...

Natural born citizens.
    Immigrants.
    Asylum seekers
    Males
    Females (see Russia)
    Young
    Middle aged
    Poor backgrounds
    Rich, middle class backgrounds
    Well educated
    Poorly educated
    Black
    White
    Brown

But the big overwhelming commonality is that they were adherents to islam when they carried out the attacks.
    And not just any form of islam, but sunni and usually wahhabism.

And where does that originate and who funds it's spread.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Info here

Injuries can last a lifetime and change your life. There is hundreds who have got injured because of terrorism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

An awful lot of terrrorists actually come from the country they attack.

Look at the incidents in Manchester and Belgium.

Yeah and they are all Muslims stop making excuses for this backwards religion! From the very beginning of this thread you have been making idiot excuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

seannash wrote: »
    Paris?
    (BTW terrorism never stops me traveling)

Sweden , Russia too come to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Terrorists usually have some support within communities, this was so for the IRA, ''sympathisers'' they are known as, people who provide shelter, refuge, knowledge, a subtle regard for those willing to go to the extreme. We know these horrible people who do these dreadful attacks are a tiny minority, but they have homes, relatives, partners and friends who must have suspicions, peers with whom they communicate (online usually), teachers, people who inspire and instruct them. This expands at least somewhat the number of horrible people from a tiny minority to something more substantial.

RIP to the victims. I feel a helpless rage and sorrow every time a new attack happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Sweden , Russia too come to mind

I have a feeling he means this year but being the pedantic bastard I am I called him on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

You could, I dunno, go to Reddit and complain about it there? Since it's where it was mentioned, which is what I stated.

And you felt the need to repeat it because?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fingers crossed for ya man.

Both marked as safe. Thank christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Reuters saying that there is no hold up ongoing in a bar/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Oh for fvck sake...what's next peanuts and drowning...

Technically they were all killed by nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Fair play Murpho999, you'd put the straighteners on those wimps in Barcelona this evening, you'd make sure they finished their Coffee and stopped over reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

These watch lists need to turn into kill lists if Europe is to stand a chance, sadly the security forces have already been castrated by the gutless and naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Info here

Congratulations you win the Nodin award today.

Perhaps you can share your insights with the victims.

Tell you what why don't you go find the Irish family that lost their mother in a terrorist attack on a Tunisian beach and tell them how she was probably destined to die in a traffic accident anyway.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 28,457 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Oh for fvck sake...what's next peanuts and drowning...
    Oh for love of god, not this **** again
    Why do you people keep on with this false equivalence?

99 people died on the roads. More people die from peanut allergies.

The key factor you all miss is - Intent.

Did the peanut intend to kill the person? Did the car or driver intend to kill the person?

FFS.....
    Gravelly wrote: »
    Ah yes, let them kill a few dozen of us, shure who'll miss them?

If the roads start to deliberately kill us, I'll feel very nervous travelling them.

Do you try to minimise all murder, or just that perpetrated by muslims?

Of course intent is a different issue but the idea is perspective.

The world is not as dangerous as people on here are trying to make out. The chances of being caught up in them are remote.

The majority of posts here are ignoring facts and spouting anti-islamic and xenophobic rubbish that just shows people's own hatred.

Stating that all of islam is pro terrorism is just plain wrong.
    Stating that islamic countries are responsible for these attacks whilst ignoring the fact that the terrorists come from Europe.

I am old enough to remember the British anti-Irish sentiment in the time of the troubles and what's happening on this thread is very similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

The world is not as dangerous as people on here are trying to make out. The chances of being caught up in them are remote.

The majority of posts here are ignoring facts and spouting anti-islamic and xenophobic rubbish that just shows people's own hatred.

Stating that islamic countries are responsible for these attacks whilst ignoring the fact that the terrorists come from Europe.

I am old enough to remember the British anti-Irish sentiment in the time of the troubles and what's happening on this thread is very similar.

Give it a rest Muhammad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Info here

How can you in good conscience try to play these horrific attacks?

It doesn't matter if 1 person or 100 people are killed - it shouldn't be happening at all.

Yeah and they are all Muslims stop making excuses for this backwards religion! From the very beginning of this thread you have been making idiot excuses!

No I haven't.

Just don't agree that millions of people should be tarred with the same brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Era get off your high horse with all the everyone is Phobia nonsense. Pure utter drivvle.

You really should read up on the subject a bit before posting on it. Even the most enthusiastic islamic jihadi sympathisers don't deny the role of certain islamic countries in spreading jihad. It's bad enough that you are lying about this, but it is truly ghoulish to try to minimise mass murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Vehicle runs into a load of people causing devastating injuries and loss of life.

Apparently only worthy of a thread in After Hours if the driver was a Muslim and not a Trump-loving right-wing muppet by the name of James.

Didn't notice the usual suspects - Kew Tour, Snake Plisken, Danzy, Richard Hillman etc etc - too vocal about Charlottesville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Ah would ya ever fúck off.

Resist ZOG wrote: »
    Give it a rest Muhammad.

Good mature and well argued response. Well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

No worse than your 'ah sure didn't people die in traffic accidents, what's the big deal over this? comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Vehicle runs into a load of people causing devastating injuries and loss of life.

Apparently only worthy of a thread in After Hours if the driver was a Muslim and not a Trump-loving right-wing muppet by the name of James.

Didn't notice the usual suspects - Kew Tour, Snake Plisken, Danzy, Richard Hillman etc etc - too vocal about Charlottesville.

There's already quite a lengthy thread on this in the politics forum, but educating yourself doesn't benefit your agenda now does it?

How can you in good conscience try to play these horrific attacks?

It doesn't matter if 1 person or 100 people are killed - it shouldn't be happening at all.

Of course it should not be happening. They are awful.

I just feel that this does not give people the right to come on here and say that all muslims are terrorists.

Look at the list of attacks that was posted earlier. The vast majority happen in muslim countries and more muslims are killed but of course those attacks never warrant a thread here.

A thousand times more mature and well argued than your attempts to deflect blame and minimise mass murder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

There's already quite a lengthy thread on this in the politics forum, but educating yourself doesn't benefit your agenda now does it?

Lengthy thread on what?

Advertisement