Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options
1464748495052»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I await End of the Road's standard reply of "No there shouldn't"

you will be waiting. if there is any evidence of illegal activity at this mosq then it should be reported to the authorities and investigated appropriately.
    In all seriousness have a read of Mark Humpries article on it and some of the "interesting" individuals who have been invited to speak there
    http://markhumphrys.com/clonskeagh.html

i'd find a better source then Mark Humphries tbh.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

you will be waiting. if there is any evidence of illegal activity at this mosq then it should be reported to the authorities and investigated appropriately.

i'd find a better source then Mark Humphries tbh.

No you wouldnt

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

quintana76 wrote: »
    There should also be an investigation into the funding of the Clonskeagh mosque. The content of the preaching and the provenance of the invited preachers should be thoroughly investigated. Established Muslim Brotherhood connections should be mapped out.
    I know daddy Halawa is a massive figure in that organisation. Everybody knows it is basically a MB supporting mosque.

All this would happen in a rational society with a rational leadership. Not a chance in Ireland.
    What happens is that our grandstanding new Taoiseach goes there for yet another photo op right after the Dublin gay pride parade.
    I mean, that is so messed up on so many levels.

Up on the roof ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

I await End of the Road's standard reply of "No there shouldn't"
    In all seriousness have a read of Mark Humpries article on it and some of the "interesting" individuals who have been invited to speak there
    http://markhumphrys.com/clonskeagh.html

NOPE,

YOUR WRONG, FUND AND REPORT TO THE AUTHROITIES. (IT'S THEIR JOB, MAN)

WRONG WRONG WRONG

NOPE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

You will be waiting. If there is any evidence of illegal activity at this mosque,then it should be reported to the authorities and investigated appropriately.

I'd find a better source then Mark Humphries tbh.

I concur totally with the investigation suggestion.

There has already been such evidence presented as to concerns about activites at the Islamic Centre,however it is uncertain as to what follow up investigations resulted.

Perhaps you could expand on what you would consider an "appropriate" level of investigation at this location,given the sensitivities involved ?

Currently,in the Irish domain,Mr Humphries is the sole source of on-line material covering the activities of the main players here,in fairness to him,he offers this material for free and open consideration and invities comment and criticism.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well done Charlie Hebdo calling the religon of peace for what it is although it would want to up its security again as those peaceful followers might not take to kindly to the cover
    https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/900028193981300736

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Well done Charlie Hebdo calling the religon of peace for what it is although it would want to up its security again as those peaceful followers might not take to kindly to the cover
    https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/900028193981300736

Brilliant cover. Love Charlie Hebdo, brutally honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/900455687146414081

Could be from the cell in Spain. Has all the hallmarks

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/900455687146414081

Could be from the cell in Spain. Has all the hallmarks

Mentally ill van?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Spanish police tipped off the Dutch.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41032483

• Advertisement

Sources suggesting the info might have come from the 4 bastards in Spanish custody. Like i said a few days ago i hope they water boarded the living ****e out of them to obtain any info that prevents attacks. These aren't people, they are sub human animals and deserve no human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Sources suggesting the info might have come from the 4 bastards in Spanish custody. Like i said a few days ago i hope they water boarded the living ****e out of them to obtain any info that prevents attacks. These aren't people, they are sub human animals and deserve no human rights.

Totally agree. The Spanish police wont be molly coddling them thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Noticed it just after the arrest that they were giving up a lot of info straight away, such as the other planned attacks. Must be having a nice time in the cells :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

That recent incident in Dublin where a car ploughed into a crowd of people around Harcourt street/Adelaide road. I found the reporting around it strange. Very little detail about who was involved etc.
    A anyone know more about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That recent incident in Dublin where a car ploughed into a crowd of people around Harcourt street/Adelaide road. I found the reporting around it strange. Very little detail about who was involved etc.
    A anyone know more about it.

Seems to have been an electronic fault in a disabled driver's automatic car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

mezzz wrote: »
    part and parcelona is obvously a reference to your co-religionist telling londoners to get used to white van ssmashing down kids, as the good people of barcelona have to learn, its bart and barcel,

but ya, you get mad at the people playing wordgames, not at your brothers driving the vans

What the actual fcuk are you talking about? My brothers? WTF?

Word games for internet points shouldn't have a place in these threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

I'm beginning to think that Europe simply does not have the cultural tools to deal with things like radical Islam or the migrant crisis. The quest for tolerance and diversity has destroyed its ability to deal with those type of things. Hear me out, it's not that tolerance and diversity are bad, but here's where I think it went wrong:

In the aftermath of WWII, where war and genocide were created by widespread prejudice and ethnic chauvinism, there was a completely logical push in Europe to embrace values of tolerance towards ethnic minorities. And this made, and still makes, perfect sense. People needed to learn to tolerate the differences of the different ethnic and religious groups in their society. If a minority group follows a different religion, the majority should be tolerant and understanding of their differences. It makes for a more harmonious society. Same with diversity. If you have multiple different ethnic groups living within your society or community, it makes perfect sense to get the input of all these groups when working or making plans. These are ideas that make societies made up of different groups stronger and more harmonious. A society where people are tolerant of each other is good, a society where different ethnic groups are slitting each other's throats the moment the economy goes sour is bad.

But here's where I think these ideas went off the rails. Being tolerant and seeking diversity within your own society is good. But somehow, these ideas of tolerance and diversity were extended not just to your own society or country, but to everywhere in the world. "Tolerance" is now demanded not only towards minorities in your own country (which is good), it is now demanded that you also be "tolerant" of people and cultural ideas which have nothing to do with your society. You are expected to not only be tolerant of the beliefs of your neighbors, but also some guy a thousand miles away in Pakistan and his beliefs. And if that guy from Pakistan wants to move from his country to yours, you'd better be tolerant of both his desire to move to your country and his foreign culture once he gets there. The idea of "tolerance" now means that you are supposed to embrace cultures and values that are completely alien to your society, have no history in your society, and have nothing to do with your society.

Likewise with diversity. The concept started off as seeking representation from all the different parts of your community, and has morphed into this idea that if your community is too homogeneous, outsiders should be imported to increase "diversity" levels. It is forbidden to question whether "diversity" is in of itself a good thing as opposed to simply being a way to ensure the different parts of your community are working together. The new dogma is that the greater number of different cultural and religious groups there are in a society, the higher its diversity and the better off it is. And you'd better not dare question this assumption. If your community doesn't contain enough people of different ethnic or religious backgrounds, well, you can always just import some!

My argument is that both these ideas are warped from their original conception. Tolerance and diversity should be about making your own society more harmonious, not about importing as many foreign cultures as you can and "tolerating" them so that your country becomes more ethnically and religiously fractured than it was before. Many nations have moved further and further to the left on these ideas. Even in my own country, the US, the Democratic Party has moved further and further to the left on immigration issues. I was just reading an article about how the Democrats have lost a good portion of their former base in the working class because they've decided that illegal immigration is a civil rights issue that's no longer up for debate. As in, if you oppose illegal immigration, you are opposing a civil right. Yes, that's right, even wanting immigration laws to be enforced is now seen as a bigoted, racist, and intolerant position.

And it can't keep going. These ongoing problems are making it more and more obvious that stretching ideas of "tolerance" and "diversity" beyond your own country to include every other country on the planet is not working, and that "it's unambiguously a good thing to import more foreigners and foreign cultures" is completely untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is another security operation taking place from Catalan Police at the Sangrada Familia Catholic church in Barcelona tonight.

The police bomb squad are there to check a van near the church.

The church is cordoned off according to Twitter.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-security/catalan-police-evacuate-barcelonas-sagrada-familia-in-anti-terrorism-operation-idUSKCN1BN2N4

Hopefully this is another false alarm for the people of Barcelona.

Breaking news images are now appearing on the BBC News Channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

False alarm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement