Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,106 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow, 13 people have died.

Think more, RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Pkiernan wrote: »
    We need more uncontrolled unchecked immigration from the Middle East. And no-one should dare do background checks either.

What in earth could go wrong.

More of Merkels dead....
    And let some of them go around masked up so that nobody knows who they are........like there is no security risk.

Fook our politicians .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

flaneur wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like I just don't know what to say when these things happen anymore. It's just more of a feeling of frustrated numbness.

They're not even a normal terrorist organisation with demands you could begin to negotiate with. I mean, with 'normal' terrorists there is at least some kind of set of reasonably rational political demands. You might not agree with them, but they're still something you could actually negotiate on.

With these attacks it's more just like a lashing out at the 'western world' and inflicting misery on random people minding their own business.

My thoughts are with the victims and it certainly won't ever make me stop visiting Barcelona.

I know what I feel and what to say: anger and hate. I want to kill those who hate me, my country, may family. I want every slimy, pathetic, miserable Islamist to be tortured to death and then burn in hell.

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    Where did anybody say that??

Say which, exactly? I was commenting on two separate posts, so not sure which you're addressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I still find it incredibly unusual that they've ran into a bar. People after the van hit, in videos, were walking around incredibly calmly, which indicates they didn't attack after the van hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Pkiernan wrote: »
    We need more uncontrolled unchecked immigration from the Middle East. And no-one should dare do background checks either.

What in earth could go wrong.

More of Merkels dead....

Merkeled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

tiger55 wrote: »
    We have to look at this .

We have to look at what our politicians are doing to us .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Say which, exactly? I was commenting on two separate posts, so not sure which you're addressing.

That they are targeting countries not involved in conflict in middle east/Asia over countries involved.

Second van found 40km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

blinding wrote: »

It should be on the 9 o'Clock News.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Absolutely horrific.....when will it end? How many more attacks will it take before those in power realise the softly softly approach is not working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two family members had a picture on FB of being in Barcelona together, with what looked like Las Ramblas in the background, five hours ago.

Naturally nervous as hell now waiting to know if they are okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

No no that's the price of freedom....nothing to do with our politicians....(sarcastic face)

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    That they are targeting countries not involved in conflict in middle east/Asia over countries involved.

Second van found 40km away.

Danzy did. It appears in the quoted text. I might have misunderstood, hence my questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Agree 100%. Its the media playing down the threat that is Hard for me to stomach. Stopping the madness of Islamic immigration into Europe is the obvious policy choice here. Images like this undermine the neo liberal pro immigration agenda and make it more difficult for the merkels of this world to ram their rubbish down our throats. Of course I expect the usual whitewash and peace vigils.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

These people with their phones videoing everything right after these incidents... One of the more distasteful side effects of mobile technology.

Could at least try to help.

Two family members had a picture on FB of being in Barcelona together, with what looked like Las Ramblas in the background, five hours ago.

Naturally nervous as hell now waiting to know if they are okay.
    Fingers crossed for ya man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

These people with their phones videoing everything right after these incidents... One of the more distasteful side effects of mobile technology.

I think it's better that we see what Islam does to Europe. The media will never show you the reality. Very hard to watch but necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Shocking once again.

What I do find very distressing is the fact that dead bodies are lying there in the street, and people are walking up and down (obviously in shock), but no one from a bar or restaurant or an apartment had a tablecloth or blanket to cover them for their dignity. Or even a t shirt, oh I don't know. Although I realise it had just happened, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Yeah it's insane.

There are also ghouls on these threads that get more excited as the body count rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

These people and their phones videoing everything right after these incidents... One of the more distasteful side effects of mobile technology.

Distasteful yes, but I wonder if they are keeping our media some bit honest. Given the media attempts to deflect, minimise, and disperse blame for these attacks, I fear that without witness collaboration, we would be hearing media stories about a spate of unexplained vehicle accidents, mentally ill lone wolf shooters, or better still, right wing attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

These people and their phones videoing everything right after these incidents... One of the more distasteful side effects of mobile technology.

My concern is that all the social media attention gives the would be perpetrators of something like this the coverage that they wanted in the first place.

We can't ignore these incidents, and they need journalistic coverage, but we really need to try and avoid turning them into voyeuristic infotainment, with weird updates on death counts and so on.

These organisation thrive on that kind of publicity.

I don't think you'll ever get people to stop pointing smartphones at incidents and publishing to Twitter and Facebook though. It's really very much a technological genie out of a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Love that city and I will return to it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I still find it incredibly unusual that they've ran into a bar. People after the van hit, in videos, were walking around incredibly calmly, which indicates they didn't attack after the van hit.

Maybe they were trying to escape alive this time. Not their normal way of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sharon Ni Bheolain just now one Six One News;

''And join us after the break when we return to the scene of the latest terrorist attack''.

The latest terrorist attack, just like that. Says it flipping all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What's the story with the second van? An escape van or was it involved in the attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Some very grim videos in Twitter. Most are blocked for me thankfully but one in particular just played automatically and one of the first things you see is a child maybe 3 or 4 years old face down on the ground almost certainly dead. I turned it off after that. God help the victims and their families.

We become desensitized to the news of these attacks but I think videos like that will always affect me. I wouldn't advise anyone to watch it if they can avoid it. The only way to avoid it is by sticking to the likes of BBC, RTE and Sky though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sharon Ni Bheolain just now one Six One News;

''And join us after the break when we return to the scene of the latest terrorist attack''.

The latest terrorist attack, just like that. Says it flipping all.

What more would you expect from such a garbage station as RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Gravelly wrote: »
    Distasteful yes, but I wonder if they are keeping our media some bit honest. Given the media attempts to deflect, minimise, and disperse blame for these attacks, I fear that without witness collaboration, we would be hearing media stories about a spate of unexplained vehicle accidents, mentally ill lone wolf shooters, or better still, right wing attacks.

Yes seeing the reality of what happened brings home just how horrific these attacks are. Of course such graphic images are not for everyone and news outlets can't due to the various ages who watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Those distressing videos should be shown on BBC RTÉ SKY so people can see what Islam has brought to Europe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yeah it's insane.

There are also ghouls on these threads that get more excited as the body count rises.

I doubt anyone is happy the count might rise

I very much doubt anyone in here is happy anyone is dead

I doubt anyone in here is happy it happened in first place.

Advertisement