Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Trust me, you don't. The place is already flooded with cops. There are three different police forces active in the city and they can't stop it. Heavily armed cops at any venue even remotely public. Haven't got over how unsettling it is since I moved here.

A lad drove a van. Very little anybody can do

Must be recent I was there this week last year and I thought it was grand the whispers about pick pockets ect I found to be exaggerations but a lot has happened in Europe in the last year I suppose, planning on going the Nou Camp Sunday but this has really put a dampner on the trip to be honest after seeing the video of dead children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Oh shut up. I'm not anti immigration. Im anti uncontrolled immigration. Theres a big difference so get off the ****ing pedastal.

You have zero evidence that this has anything to do with Angela Merkel or uncontrolled immigration (a myth in itself). Zero. So **** away off yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

13 dead and rising now

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

tiger55 wrote: »
    Was Spain involved in Iraq?

Aznar backed it.
    So did many countries in the middle east

The corollary of that is that the KKK is a perfectly valid version of Christianity which unspeakable atrocities have been carried out in the name of.

I'm willing to accept the notion the harm of all religion outweighs it's positives but targeting just one during these times is unhelpful at best.
    A tiny minority, look at the others, look over there.

Pretending that islam is just the same as the Rastas is disingenuous to be massively polite. It's a tiny minority of people in Europe yet is responsible for a disproportionate amount of attacks and deaths. Yer one in UK Labour was hounded out for saying the racial motivation of grooming gangs in the UK should be examined.

This bull**** handwaving has to end. People still haven't learned from Trump's election.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Perhaps. The whole thing seems strange though. People claiming that there's "Death to all toursits" and "tourists f*ck off" painted on walls across the city. I've not been in Barcelona recently, so can't comment on it being accurate. People that have been there recently - have you seen such a thing?

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on Boards.

Anti tourist people are running down kids? Get a grip.

Gamebred wrote: »
    planning on going the Nou Camp Sunday but this has really put a dampner on the trip to be honest after seeing the video of dead children.

Jesus how terrible for u

• Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Was Spain involved in Iraq?

Countries that opposed the involvement in Iraq have been harder hit than those that did not.

The Islamic State themselves have said that it is not a key motivator for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Gamebred wrote:
    Must be recent I was there this week last year and I thought it was grand the whispers about pick pockets ect I found to be exaggerations but a lot has happened in Europe in the last year I suppose, planning on going the Nou Camp Sunday but this has really put a dampner on the trip to be honest after seeing the video of dead children.

Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The corollary of that is that the KKK is a perfectly valid version of Christianity which unspeakable atrocities have been carried out in the name of.

I'm willing to accept the notion the harm of all religion outweighs it's positives but targeting just one during these times is unhelpful at best.

The KKK isn't a version of Christianity. It's a racist organisation that, in recent years, has about as much power as my local boy scout chapter.

If you can't see how much more dangerous Islam is to Europe than Christianity at the present time, you are deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭JPCN1

There was one country that saved Europe from Islam and it was the Spanish. We don't thank them enough and cannot thank them enough. We would be under sharia law if it were not for them.

Perhaps once but they have kept coming through history and the Poles, Austrians and The Hammer Martel (top name that) turned them back at various points.
    Sadly the French and Germans seem to like wars because they are causing one again right now by their actions.

Jesus how terrible for u

Yeah it is, and same goes for anybody with a heart, moron.

pilly wrote: »

You could, I dunno, go to Reddit and complain about it there? Since it's where it was mentioned, which is what I stated.
    Danzy wrote: »
    Countries that opposed the involvement in Iraq have been harder hit than those that did not.

The Islamic State themselves have said that it is not a key motivator for them.

Wait, really? They're targeting countries that opposed the invasion harder than those activity involved in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Time to light some candles, Tweet some hashtags and blame Donald Trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Noel82 wrote: »
    Time to light some candles, Tweet some hashtags and blame Donald Trump

Don't forget the flagged facebook photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A tiny minority, look at the others, look over there.

Pretending that islam is just the same as the Rastas is disingenuous to be massively polite. It's a tiny minority of people in Europe yet is responsible for a disproportionate amount of attacks and deaths. Yer one in UK Labour was hounded out for saying the racial motivation of grooming gangs in the UK should be examined.

This bull**** handwaving has to end. People still haven't learned from Trump's election.

The Samuel T. Colgey types look at the perps of this and see brown people and presume that others are angry at this because they are brown, they only can think in terms of pigmentation. I look at them and see a mindset and ideology.

Afterall, but for Islam's conquests in the 7th Century, these people would be the centre of the Christian World.

That differeing ideology is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Go. Enjoy yourself. Want any advice or recommendations, give me a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

I'm starting to feel like I just don't know what to say when these things happen anymore. It's just more of a feeling of frustrated numbness.

They're not even a normal terrorist organisation with demands you could begin to negotiate with. I mean, with 'normal' terrorists there is at least some kind of set of reasonably rational political demands. You might not agree with them, but they're still something you could actually negotiate on.

With these attacks it's more just like a lashing out at the 'western world' and inflicting misery on random people minding their own business.

My thoughts are with the victims and it certainly won't ever make me stop visiting Barcelona.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Where are the Politicians that let these nutters into Europe.....

Safe and well Protected.........Fookers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Yeah it is, and same goes for anybody with a heart, moron.

#prayforgamebred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

pilly wrote: »

To be expected from that poster. He comes on every one of these threads denouncing people for speculating and then posts some ridiculously unrealistic speculative nonsense. Maybe he'll get it right one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

You could, I dunno, go to Reddit and complain about it there? Since it's where it was mentioned, which is what I stated.

Wait, really? They're targeting countries that opposed the invasion harder than those activity involved in it?

Where did anybody say that??

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

We need more uncontrolled unchecked immigration from the Middle East. And no-one should dare do background checks either.

What in earth could go wrong.

More of Merkels dead....

Disgusting video ffs zero need to post dead people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wow, 13 people have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

A few months ago I was wondering how or why Spain hadn't been hit since these attacks began in 2015, I found a video of an interview with a Spanish detective who basically said how their experience with ETA had prepared them much better than the French or Belgian authorities.

Their intelligence network is one of the best in Europe apparently.

Today's attack just shows how simple these types of attacks are to carry out without detection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

I'm not sure the foreign policy excuse can be used on this but no doubt some will try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Disgusting video ffs zero need to post dead people :rolleyes:

So disgusting you quoted it to draw more attention to it... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Negotiations still on-going with two in the restaurant. Driver is still missing. Since there's two vans supposedly involved now, perhaps the driver that is missing was the one that ploughed into the crowd? And the two were in the other van?

Or did people hear reports of the three in one van?

If there are two vans and the hostage takers were in the second, it seems odder still that they might have pulled over and just ran into the restaurant to take hostages.

Advertisement