Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Yep. I was there in 2009 and we were warned about pickpockets. How times have changed

The same pickpockets have got wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

screamer wrote: »
    Who actually cares about this stuff anymore....it happens...we just accept it....do nothing.... offend no one.....and it happens again.....and again....and again
    And it will keep happening. So why bother to report it anymore? No one, it seems cares nor cares enough to do anything about it.

What is the solution?

The issue is certainly not ignored by society, media or politicians.

It's a major problem.

A radicalised minority of people with serious issues are conducting lone wolf attacks using Islam as the excuse.

No need for people to come on here and slate the entire religion. People seem to forget that the exact same things were said about Irish people by the British not too long ago after IRA atrocities.

Your claim that no one cares is ridiculous and you seem to be implying that more radical solutions should be done such as expelling all immigrants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Maybe it was helium balloons bursting...

Pathetic

Perhaps. The whole thing seems strange though. People claiming that there's "Death to all toursits" and "tourists f*ck off" painted on walls across the city. I've not been in Barcelona recently, so can't comment on it being accurate. People that have been there recently - have you seen such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

For sure there has been horrendous atrocities in the name of most religions. But you cannot deny that in the current time Islam is the "problem"religion.

Islam is not a problem. Immigrants (and their descendants) from Islamic countries are the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

murpho999 wrote: »
    screamer wrote: »
    Who actually cares about this stuff anymore....it happens...we just accept it....do nothing.... offend no one.....and it happens again.....and again....and again
    And it will keep happening. So why bother to report it anymore? No one, it seems cares nor cares enough to do anything about it.

What is the solution?

It's a major problem.  

A radicalised minority of people with serious issues are conducting lone wolf attacks using Islam as the excuse.

No need for people to come on here and slate the entire religion.  People seem to forget that the exact same things were said about Irish people by the British not too long ago after IRA atrocities.

Your claim that no one cares is ridiculous and you seem to be implying that more radical solutions should be done such as expelling all immigrants etc.

Why? It's bullsh*t and brings nothing but misery to so many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Just saw a video with a child lying motionless in the middle of the street. Absolutely horrifying.

Seen that. More than one kid :(:(

Sickening and horrific stuff.

What is the solution?

It's a major problem.

No need for people to come on here and slate the entire religion. People seem to forget that the exact same things were said about Irish people by the British not too long ago after IRA atrocities.

It's not being ignored, it's being hand-waved off. It's ****in pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Perhaps. The whole thing seems strange though. People claiming that there's "Death to all toursits" and "tourists f*ck off" painted on walls across the city. I've not been in Barcelona recently, so can't comment on it being accurate. People that have been there recently - have you seen such a thing?

There's a bit of a difference between spraying some graffiti on a wall telling Chinese tourists to fûck off, and running over kids on one of the busiest streets in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Reports from TVE24 are saying that 1 person is dead & 20 injured.

BBC now confirming that Spanish Police are not putting out figures now as they are not clear as of yet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/40966524

• Advertisement

Spanish security services are denying the claim that there was shooting.
    There's a bit of a difference between spraying some graffiti on a wall telling Chinese tourists to fûck off, and running over kids on one of the busiest streets in Europe.

Hopefully you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's just part of living in a big city

Is it? I've lived in a few big cities in my life and I never expected some fcukwit to drive down a street mowing down pedestrians.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just a heads up, as there's a few videos on reddit of the incident that are apparently absolutely harrowing to watch. Involves small kids motionless on the ground after the van incident.

Reading a lot of shocked comments after people watched the video without being fully prepared/aware, so keep it in mind when searching for more info.

We have to remember that the people who do these things have no idea why they do it but Middle Class Activists who were at home when it happened know that it had nothing to do with whatever the men who did it thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The people claiming that are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Reports they've taken people hostage in restaurant

Reports from TVE24 are saying that 1 person is dead & 20 injured.

BBC now confirming that Spanish Police are not putting out figures now as they are not clear as of yet.

Against my better judgement I saw a clip of the aftermath. I could be a dick but all I'll say is there's more than one dead.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Islam needs to be stopped.

I'd rather offend 1m people and save 1 life than pussyfoot around the issue and see people lay dead on the streets.

Any place of Worship where murder of or repression of others based on their religion or sexuality or gender is advocated needs to be closed down.

It is a basic enough and I think reasonable demand but it would end up with the Army on the Streets of many cities in Britain, France, Belgium etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its not even surprising anymore and its not going stop.

But yet again its children who are taking the hot and you know what its going happen here soon. And worst thing about it is that when it does it will be a shock to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Islam needs to be stopped.

I'd rather offend 1m people and save 1 life than pussyfoot around the issue and see people lay dead on the streets.

These people are no more representative of Islam than the KKK are of Christians. If they we're doing it in the name of Allah they'd be doing it in someone else's so I really don't get why people always have to start going on about the religion of the people involved. If you want to label them give them an accurate one: Cùnts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I was due to be in Barcelona 2 weeks today..

And?

Knex. wrote: »
    Just a heads up, as there's a few videos on reddit of the incident that are apparently absolutely harrowing to watch. Involves small kids motionless on the ground after the van incident.

Reading a lot of shocked comments after people watched the video without being fully prepared/aware, so keep it in mind when searching for more info.

I didn't see kids in the one I watched but there were 4 people motionless on the ground, one woman had lost a huge amount of blood from her head, another, for want of a better term, was bent out of shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

What is the solution?

It's a major problem.

I imply nothing I brought no religion into it you did, so get down off your high horse. Irish people faced internment but maybe you don't remember that....
    Anyway I could not disagree with you more. Publicising this stuff is glorifying it for it's horrific results and this is exactly what those who carry out these attacks want even crave. S media blackout is needed no glorification or advertising or footage to help with recruitment. Give them nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

And?

So far the range is 9 years ago to two weeks in the future, to be fair that person was the only one there in the present, but wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I was due to be in Barcelona 2 weeks today..

Jaysus you just missed it so!

Not.

These people are no more representative of Islam than the KKK are of Christians. If they we're doing it in the name of Allah they'd be doing it in someone else's so I really don't get why people always have to start going on about the religion of the people involved. If you want to label them give them an accurate one: Cùnts.

Their version of Islam is as valid as any others.

It is a faith whose founder killed and raped his way across Arabia.

When you have some people who take it seriously it is only naturally going to end in violence.

That religiously mandated violence was the thing that developed Islam from a small cult in Arabia to having conquered from Western India to Southern France within a life time of Mohamed's death.

Two vans involved now. They are looking for the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

FFS again. That Merkel wench should be firmly booted out of office for what she has brought to Europe through uncontrolled immigration. I don't expect this to get better anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Danzy wrote: »
    Their version of Islam is as valid as any others.

It is a faith whose founder killed and raped his way across Arabia.

When you have some people who take it seriously it is only naturally going to end in violence.

That religiously mandated violence was the thing that developed Islam from a small cult in Arabia to having conquered from Western India to Southern France within a life time of Mohamed's death.

Praise be to our ancestors who drove Islam out of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Against my better judgement I saw a clip of the aftermath. I could be a dick but all I'll say is there's more than one dead.

I did see a video of the aftermath of this on Twitter. It was quite upsetting to see it though. I could not put a figure on this attack myself. I will say that the perpetrators who carried out this attack today are complete heartless scumbags and should rot in hell.

An another update to say that Spanish police are to be holding a press conference at 6pm on the incident.

Advertisement