Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

How long before Ireland is a target?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

the footage is awful and just shows how horrific these incidents are. I notice people staying there said that extra police seemed to be around the area today.

I wonder if intelligence had some knowledge of a potential attack. Of course it's so central police would be there very quickly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    No one has done wrong sh1t in the name of christianity thanks be ta god.

Well it's not a regular occurrence anyway, on the other hand Islamic terror attacks are very frequent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

2 lone wolves this time

Have a think about that sentence...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Apologies for offending your beliefs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

To some in the rest of Europe it is just another Oh a terrorist attack and then back to thinking what is for lunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Yeah, feckin crusades.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Looks like there are 6+ dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Have a think about that sentence...

It was intentionally sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

2 lone wolves this time,mental health issues........

The Irish Times were calling it a massive car crash

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Los Ramblas is a beautiful area. Loved it when I was there.

Are there any reports of the two attackers attacking people just after the van ploughed through or making it straight for the restaurant?

I ask, because it was the same MO as the London attackers and, I believe, others like this? Get out and stab/attack those nearby. People on Reddit are suggesting it might be anti-tourist reasons - supposedly an anti-tourist movement has began to grow strength. No idea of the validity of this claim - what I have seen elsewhere.

Very sad either way. Hope that everything is resolved soon, with no futher loss of life.

Edit:

Was the driver separate to the two armed men in the restaurant? Multiple news reports have said the driver fled on foot and that the two armed men entered the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

For sure there has been horrendous atrocities in the name of most religions. But you cannot deny that in the current time Islam is the "problem"religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I saw facebook comments like that straight away on articles breaking the story. Absolutely pathetic carry on…

Not really, when the modern world is not willing to talk about this very real threat we are facing but would rather focus on a buffoon thats really a puppet without much power in the white house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was there myself 9 years ago; it's lovely city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Was only walking around Las Ramblas last week - jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Is this the same place the Manics were singing about in If you tolerate this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Just saw a video with a child lying motionless in the middle of the street. Absolutely horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

branie2 wrote: »
    I was there myself 9 years ago; it's lovely city.

Yeah it is a lovely city. Never really liked las ramblas always felt on edge what wiith pickpockets and theft rife there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Looks like there are 6+ dead.
    And many more, looking at the videos on twitter I can imagine it will 20+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

begbysback wrote: »

Yep. I was there in 2009 and we were warned about pickpockets. How times have changed

Also, am I the only one who finds it strange they didn't attack those around them? They just ran. Seems weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

Who actually cares about this stuff anymore....it happens...we just accept it....do nothing.... offend no one.....and it happens again.....and again....and again
    And it will keep happening. So why bother to report it anymore? No one, it seems cares nor cares enough to do anything about it.

Yeah it is a lovely city. Never really liked las ramblas always felt on edge what wiith pickpockets and theft rife there.

Pickpockets/thiefs are rife all over Barcelona. When I was there I was talking to an Australian girl who had her bag stolen by a guy driving past on a motorcycle. She lost her passport, all her money, and everything. Not the only story of its kind I heard there.
    Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Also, am I the only one who finds it strange they didn't attack those around them? They just ran. Seems weird to me.

No, I find this strange too. Usually with other attacks of this sort, they get out and attack right away. Two armed people running straight into a restaurant (with no reports of anything happening in there) and a driver running away seems ... unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

begbysback wrote: »

No, they sang about it in "If you don't tolerate this, you'll be hounded out of your job by the media."

Pickpockets/thiefs are rife all over Barcelona. When I was there I was talking to an Australian girl who had her bag stolen by a guy driving past on a motorcycle. She lost her passport, all her money, and everything. Not the only story of its kind I heard there.

No, I find this strange too. Usually with other attacks of this sort, they get out and attack right away. Two armed people running straight into a restaurant (with no reports of anything happening in there) and a driver running away seems ... unusual.

I find it very unusual. Usually its kill the most people possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Los Ramblas is a beautiful area. Loved it when I was there.

Are there any reports of the two attackers attacking people just after the van ploughed through or making it straight for the restaurant?

I ask, because it was the same MO as the London attackers and, I believe, others like this? Get out and stab/attack those nearby. People on Reddit are suggesting it might be anti-tourist reasons - supposedly an anti-tourist movement has began to grow strength. No idea of the validity of this claim - what I have seen elsewhere.

Very sad either way. Hope that everything is resolved soon, with no futher loss of life.

Edit:

Was the driver separate to the two armed men in the restaurant? Multiple news reports have said the driver fled on foot and that the two armed men entered the restaurant.

Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

La Rambla itself is about a five minute cycle from the front door of my house. At this time of day, at this time of year, the area that appears to have been the focus of the attack would have been absolutely teeming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mahony0509 wrote: »

I suppose they are putting a plan into action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Danzy wrote: »
    No, they sang about it in "If you don't tolerate this, you'll be hounded out of your job by the media."

But I'm a plasterer

Advertisement