Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most overrated band ever - The Stone Roses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Erik Shin wrote: »
    James were arguably the most hyped and overrated band of the last 30 years

Yeah I never really got into them in a big way, although I did always like 'Born of Frustration'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I find Nick Cave terribly overrated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Erik Shin wrote: »
    James were arguably the most hyped and overrated band of the last 30 years

Oh Sit Down!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Syphonax wrote: »
    Ive heard of the band, just none of there songs springs to mind which to me says a lot.

Probably because they aren't plastered all over radio, I don't listen to radio much anymore but I can name about 5/6 Westlife songs from ten years ago because they were all over the place, and my opinion on their music would be unprintable - just because it is/isn't on the radio doesn't mean it is/isn't any good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Muse. It also might be because I f**kin' hate them.

Arcade Fire. It also might be because I f**kin' hate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Kings of Leon

The Beatles.

Not over-rated. Rated just fine, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

LirW wrote: »
    I find Nick Cave terribly overrated too.

Arcade Fire. It also might be because I f**kin' hate them.

Think I'm going to have to leave this thread before I get very upset......

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Probably because they aren't plastered all over radio, I don't listen to radio much anymore but I can name about 5/6 Westlife songs from ten years ago because they were all over the place, and my opinion on their music would be unprintable - just because it is/isn't on the radio doesn't mean it is/isn't any good

True, on the flip side however the fact not one of their song sticks in my mind says they are a clutish type band that never recived mainstream success like GnR? They are rock band ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How very dare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

True, on the flip side however the fact not one of their song sticks in my mind says they are a clutish type band that never recived mainstream success like GnR? They are rock band ?

They got caught up in a prolonged Studio dispute after the major success of their first album.

They ended up not releasing anything for 5 years. They returned on the Geffen label with a heavier sound. Personally I love Second Coming, the guitar playing is immense throughout.

First album was lighter, a little reminiscent of the Byrds 12 string guitar sound. Some really beautiful songs on it. Check out I wanna Be Adored, She Bangs The Drums, Waterfall, Made of Stone, I am the Resurrection..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Ive heard of the band, just none of there songs springs to mind which to me says a lot.

to be fair that might say more about you than the stone roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Rolling Stones

Near the top of the list

They're sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Says alot about you !

I am sure if you listen to Fools gold or Love Spreads you will remember the songs as they got a lot of airplay back in the day.

Says alot about you !

I am sure if you listen to Fools gold or Love Spreads you will remember the songs as they got a lot of airplay back in the day.

Yeah well, if you can name me one Obituary song without googling ill buy you that drink

Kings of Leon , Oasis and The Verve , all bands with some good songs but they were never as good as they think they are.

Yeah well, if you can name me one Obituary song without googling ill buy you that drink

Satans Virgin !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Chester Copperpot

The stone roses were far from overrated. The new songs released were horrendous though. Like something a group of eleven year old might compose

• Advertisement

Will Onslaught do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Oh Sit Down!

Next to me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

It's hard to define overrated I think. Most of the bands and singers mentioned are really good but you just might not like them.

Are Journey supposed to be good? I just remember when Dont Stop Believing was being played all the time and I hadn't a clue who they were. I asked a fella from college who they were and he was annoyingly shouting over the music "you don't know Journey? like I was out of the loop or something :/

Also cant stand Maroon 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The Script sold out Croke Park.

That still makes my brain hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Satans Virgin !

Havent heard that one actually myself, Ima sort of an oldie 1980s metal fan, the newer stuff aint familer to me, though I say that song probs sounds like the Classic Cannibal Corpse Entrails ripped through a Virgin C**t :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

People can't seem to distinguish between over-rated bands, and bands they dislike...they are 2 different things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The Script sold out Croke Park.

That still makes my brain hurt.

The Irish Maroon 5!

Will Onslaught do?

Guess it will have to, I havent heard that either lol

• Advertisement

Will Onslaught do?

Oh wait you're talking about the band pmsl

Advertisement