Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most overrated band ever - The Stone Roses

Options
  • 15-08-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Guns n Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The Doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Rolling Stones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

U2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

U2

Edit; d@mn it mikey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Oasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Stone Roses were a fantastic band. Superb musicians with mind blowing songs who changed people's lives with their music.

Overrated is bland middle of the road stuff like Coldplay. Not to mention drivel like Take That. Music for drippy men and Prosecco soaked "girlos".

Stone Roses were a fantastic band. Superb musicians with mind blowing songs who changed people's lives with their music.

Overrated is bland middle of the road stuff like Coldplay. Not to mention drivel like Take That. Music for drippy men and Prosecco soaked "girlos".

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Napalm Death

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

all my favourite bands are named:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Village People

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Bought what was described as 'The Ultimate Rubber Band' in Dealz. Pure ****e, snapped in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

This post has been deleted.

Firstly, how very dare you!

Secondly, The Police

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm gonna take on that suicide move and call it:

The Beatles.

If they are so good why cant I recall the name of even one of their songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Syphonax wrote: »

Maybe you weren't a fan of theirs.

No idea. I don't know you.

The Second Coming album is underrated if anything - an absolute beast of an album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The Pixies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

James were arguably the most hyped and overrated band of the last 30 years

Maybe you weren't a fan of theirs.

I can name a song from every other band listed here and could properly do so for most 'known' bands but serioulsy cant think of one for Stone Roses.

And btw

AC/ fooking /DC

most overrated band ever pure tripe

Youtube them, give them a go if you genuinely haven't heard any of their stuff - start with Waterfall

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Bob 'fcuking' Dylan. Absolutely awful singer and I have yet to meet anyone who disagrees. He has a horrible nauseating voice, has zero tone and his songs/music are very hard to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Second Coming album is underrated if anything - an absolute beast of an album

Fully agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angiogoir

As their songs appear on stations again (as retro) they are going through a classic in the music genre, temporarily unpopular. But they had some seminal songs. They will be cool again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I can name a song from every other band listed here and could properly do so for most 'known' bands but serioulsy cant think of one for Stone Roses.

And btw

AC/ fooking /DC

most overrated band ever pure tripe

You can name a take that song but not a stone roses song?... The stone roses are happy you don't know them

Youtube them, give them a go if you genuinely haven't heard any of their stuff - start with Waterfall

Ive heard of the band, just none of there songs springs to mind which to me says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The Beatles.

• Advertisement

You can name a take that song but not a stone roses song?... The stone roses are happy you don't know them

Yeah I know Relight my Fire and that one with Lulu might be the same song actually

Advertisement