Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most overrated band ever - The Stone Roses

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Yurt! wrote: »
    U2 are incredibly naff and their music has aged terribly. Very much a band 'of their time' but they refuse to go away gracefully.

The Beatles - although everywhere - are timeless. I defy you to say you've never whistled or sang one of their songs to yourself when you're in a certain mood.

Will find myself humming/singing a U2 song far more than a Beatles song. Far from being "naff" and "aging terribly", they have some truly timeless classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

Van Morrison - I do not understand the appeal but maybe I’m the wrong market. Find him to be a fair bit
    **** - everyone is like oh listen to Astral Weeks it’s a masterpiece. No it’s ****ing not, it’s music for housewives to wash dishes to or something that can be harmlessly playing in the background of a dentist surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Van Morrison - I do not understand the appeal but maybe I’m the wrong market. Find him to be a fair bit
    **** - everyone is like oh listen to Astral Weeks it’s a masterpiece. No it’s ****ing not, it’s music for housewives to wash dishes to or something that can be harmlessly playing in the background of a dentist surgery.

He does have around 50 other records you could listen to and that's just solo stuff. I actually adore the man's music without ever truly getting down with Astral Weeks but i can definitely say dental surgeries do not strike me as the optimal setting to play that record unless you're making some oblique allusion to people being high on drugs or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭dasdog

Tork wrote: »
    Nirvana were in the right place at the right time but I think they're over-rated. They have some great songs but they also recorded an awful lot of tuneless, screaming rubbish.

There was more too them than being in the right place at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Primal Scream. There was so much hype about Screamadelica. When I bought the CD I was very underwhelmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

honeyjo wrote: »
    Primal Scream. There was so much hype about Screamadelica. When I bought the CD I was very underwhelmed.

I hated that record but by that same token is xtrmntr underappreciated?

When they reformed as a hiberno supergroup out to craft the ultimate boys toy I thought they were one the best acts to tour. Accomodating bunch of lads back then, as well good brothers I recall two with a real appetite on them. Pills:

Advertisement