Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Havent compared in a while but when I got Prime first, I added around 15 movies to my watchlist and as I went through them, every single one was unavailable. Could be wrong but I think Mr Robot was an example of a series, and possibly Preacher too

Preacher and Mr Robot are both on Prime. I don't think Low Winter Sun is (but maybe on Netflix).
    I will admit that movies don't seem to hang around long on Amazon (if they aren't originals), so best to watch them quickly when they first pop up I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    UK prime have 2 listing for this for some strange reason. For one it says not available. The other listing plays no problem. I don't know about Irish prime

I believe there was a 2 part UK version, then an expanded US season. That might be it...

Not sure whats happened then. Ive been set up with a UK account for a couple of years - now I cant access content that others in both Ireland and the UK can, despite changing nothing. Very odd!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not sure whats happened then. Ive been set up with a UK account for a couple of years - now I cant access content that others in both Ireland and the UK can, despite changing nothing. Very odd!
    If your region is set to the UK but you live in Ireland, you either have to change your region to Ireland or else use a VPN or DNS proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

No Premiership live on the Irish account, which is Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Larsso30 wrote: »
    No Premiership live on the Irish account, which is Bollox

But expected and correct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Depending on the quality of the sidekick, this could be painful.

The Great Escapists - Jan 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Depending on the quality of the sidekick, this could be painful.

The Great Escapists - Jan 29th.

That's Tory from Mythbusters, he can be quite entertaining..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Tory Belleci aint no sidekick, he's pretty big in his own industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I assumed they found a way around my account being set to UK. Maybe its the opposite - my account is still UK, but the series is Ireland only. Will give it a go

I got onto the customer service chat through the amazon app and was able to get access to the Irish system again. It seems to be something they do on their side, as when I set up access to the UK prime
    On the firestick I have to use the prime video app though. (Thanks to others who pointed that out to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I got onto the customer service chat through the amazon app and was able to get access to the Irish system again. It seems to be something they do on their side, as when I set up access to the UK prime
    On the firestick I have to use the prime video app though. (Thanks to others who pointed that out to me).

Yeah I got sorted too. They confirmed that UK content cant be accessed outside of the UK. I'm on the Irish version now - TV looks ok, there are a lot less movies on it but I'll live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I got this email; I think all you have to do now is click this link! https://www.primevideo.com/changeterritory

From January 1, 2021, as the United Kingdom has left the European Union, Amazon.co.uk customers such as yourself will no longer have access to the full United Kingdom catalogue of titles in the Republic of Ireland or while traveling to other European Union countries.

If you are now a resident of the Republic of Ireland and wish to access the content available in Republic of Ireland, you can update your home location and continue streaming from PrimeVideo.com: https://www.primevideo.com/changeterritory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

my irish stuff has started to appear in dribs and drabs, 1st I could watch 4k and madmen and premier league.

2nd/3rd no prem but could watch madmen

4th madmen wouldnt work nor would 4k content ( used jack ryan as a test)

yesterday madmen is now back but cant load 4k, one show said HDR but did say 1080P which I find confusing but most just all say 1080P

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I had set my location to uk and got amazon to set it to uk so I could watch the matches

The availability now is woeful everything I want to watch old and new not available

If I change my location to Ireland will the availability improve ?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cathy427

I had set my location to uk and got amazon to set it to uk so I could watch the matches

The availability now is woeful everything I want to watch old and new not available

If I change my location to Ireland will the availability improve ?

Yes.
    Likely what you have now is UK abroad option so very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there any way to adjust the picture quality while watching on TV ??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

Just in-case anybody else has the same trouble as me
    * Video from a FireTv Stick doesn't work unless you use the PrimeVideo app
    * My Amazon Prime Subscription appears to give me access to PrimeVideo (Amazon Tech Support said I would need a separate subscription, so it might not last)
    * As expected, the choice of programs of PrimeVideo app is limited - I got to Series 3 of Dark Matter, and now won't know how it finishes :-(
    * What was unexpected are unavailable episodes of certain series. For example Futurama series 2 has 3 unavailable episodes. Why?
    * The PrimeVideo app a mess - it keeps failing with "temporary errors" which never go away

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You shouldn’t need a separate sub to watch Prime Video if you have Amazon Prime.

The missing episodes thing is a constant bugbearer of mine, Amazon are terrors for doing it, nobody else does and I’m not sure why they are particularly affected. Not necessarily in viewing order, either - it can take them a couple of goes to get it right and sometimes they never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cereberus

I have had a .co.uk based Prime subscription for a few years now and just used the Prime Video app on my smart TV or PC etc. Seemed ok. I bought an Echo Show just before christmas and video does not work on it. I also got a Firestick with same issue, only works through using the app. I'm not sure what content I am getting though. Is there any quick thing to check for that indicates where they think you are? Amazon support seem to be a bit clueless as to what region I am in or supposed to be in. Yesterday they told me to delete my prime sub to .co.uk and resubscribe to .com which I did. So far, no difference that I can see. I got the impression that there is a bit of turmoil going on around all of this since 01/21.
    I have also started messing with SmartDNS to see if that gets me anywhere but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

cereberus wrote: »
    Amazon support seem to be a bit clueless as to what region I am in or supposed to be in. Yesterday they told me to delete my prime sub to .co.uk and resubscribe to .com which I did. So far, no difference that I can see. I got the impression that there is a bit of turmoil going on around all of this since 01/21.
    I have also started messing with SmartDNS to see if that gets me anywhere but no luck so far.

I also had the Tech Support trying to get me to log into the US site to fix things; and like yourself it did nothing. I suspect most of them haven't seen problems like this before and don't know what to do. The only reason I knew to use the PrimeVideo app was from boards.ie.
    Curiously, the best of the Techs tried to resolve the issue by passing me to one of their FireTv experts. Unfortunately, the expert just put the phone down on me

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Was on UK Prime but now moved back to Irish one, it seems to have a lot more than why I originally moved to UK so that's a positive!

Obviously one of the main things will be missing is the Premiership but thankfully won't be much of that on Amazon Prime for a while.

Question I have is the other day I seen there was live WTA on. Does this mean that Irish Prime shows some live sports? I just thought all the sport was on UK Prime, might give some hope for Prem games down the line!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Had a subscription to starz on my UK account. Doesn't look like it's possible to subscribe (or keep the old sub) frok the Irish version?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Question I have is the other day I seen there was live WTA on. Does this mean that Irish Prime shows some live sports? I just thought all the sport was on UK Prime, might give some hope for Prem games down the line!!

Tennis for sure anyway yeah, a bunch of the tour and the US Open is shown. Can't say I've noticed other sports being covered.

Prem will only be possible to show down the line if they aren't trodding on Premier Sports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

qwabercd wrote: »
    Had a subscription to starz on my UK account. Doesn't look like it's possible to subscribe (or keep the old sub) frok the Irish version?

they refunded my shudder sub that I'd got in the same promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

If I move back my Prime video account to Ireland. Will I still hold on to my Prime music account?

Anyone know?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Tennis for sure anyway yeah, a bunch of the tour and the US Open is shown. Can't say I've noticed other sports being covered.

Prem will only be possible to show down the line if they aren't trodding on Premier Sports here.

They show a small number of NFL games too - basically Thursday Night Football games that are being shown on Fox in the US. (Some of these games are not actually on Thursday, for complicated reasons).

They won’t have the Premier League for the duration of this current contract at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Daveq

Using Little Fires Everywhere as a test, it tells me "This title isn't available in your location"
    So from reading back in this thread that means I'm on UK Prime.

However my country/region settings in content and devices is "Ireland, Republic of"
    To get the Irish catalogue I need to change something somewhere else or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

What's the story in Northern Ireland?

Also I'm thinking of ditching my (student so half price) Amazon Prime sub. Anybody want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

I have just finished watching little fires everywhere on prime and I am definitely not on USA prime I am using the free prime I got with my eircom email thought I left eircom in the summer.
    Daveq wrote: »
    Using Little Fires Everywhere as a test, it tells me "This title isn't available in your location"

However my country/region settings in content and devices is "Ireland, Republic of"
    To get the Irish catalogue I need to change something somewhere else or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Daveq wrote: »

Thanks!

Did you login at www.primevideo.com and select Ireland as your location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Daveq

nialldinho wrote: »
    Did you login at www.primevideo.com and select Ireland as your location?

That was it. Excellent, thank you!

I was trying through the prime app and couldn't see location. Never thought to try the website.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement