Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Klonker wrote: »
    I've contacted Amazon and got my location changed to Ireland and got a few shows back. But Vikings seems to have random episodes, particularly for season 5. Anyone have Vikings working ok on Irish Prime?

Season 5 is unavailable for me. I can see the episodes but all are listed unavailable.

It's this kinda messing that encourages people to find other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

beauf wrote: »
    Season 5 is unavailable for me. I can see the episodes but all are listed unavailable.

No issues here with Vikings, all seasons available to me. Prime Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Decoda wrote: »

Have you got a VPn or fire stick or residing in UK? Just enquiring as I'm after trying to search and view Vikings season 1 and got the message, '.... Not available in your current location'.

How did you get sorted?
    Thanks.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Have you got a VPn or fire stick or residing in UK? Just enquiring as I'm after trying to search and view Vikings season 1 and got the message, '.... Not available in your current location'.

How did you get sorted?
    Thanks.

No firestick or VPN and living in Ireland.

I had awful issues early on and was left with just amazon original tv and films only after New Years Day. Got onto Amazon chat and they were able to sort it for me.

• Advertisement

Decoda wrote: »

You can play all episodes not just see them?

Yup, gone in and played episodes from seasons 1, 3, 5 and 6 no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Klonker wrote: »
    I've contacted Amazon and got my location changed to Ireland and got a few shows back. But Vikings seems to have random episodes, particularly for season 5. Anyone have Vikings working ok on Irish Prime?

Is Vikings worth watching 5 seasons seems like a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This makes no sense?

I've just bent the ear of several Amazon reps (metaphorically) and after they totally failed to answer my question why can't I see the content for Irish customers and not have to see 90% of stuff I can't watch without paying extra I've just logged off and logged back on and gone to Amazon.com I've got access to everything I had before AND my watchlist which disappeared about a fortnight back?

Previously about a week back the customer reps couldn't get my vanished wish list back?

Wake me up when it's all over.

This is why I switched to the UK originally. I couldn't get the Irish one working. Looks like we still have the same random issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

When you switch back to the Irish version, you should have access to all seasons of Vikings. I don't think the your UK watchlist will carry over to your normal Irish version.

One thing I noticed is that I'm back to the old limited interface with the search thats just for Prime Video (logged in via Chrome on a Windows PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eposhea

Found an easy way to change region to Ireland...go to www.primevideo.com ...it asked me which region to choose from (UK/US/IRE) and I chose Ireland.

A lot of content is now back - the 3 year old is devastated tho.... Blaze and the Monster Machines is not on the Irish version

Confirming it updates in Firestick too. Not the same content, a lot still missing.

Edit: I usually watch by clicking on the Amazon Prime tab on the Amazon.co.uk site...this was the first time I went to www.primevideo.com, maybe that's why I could choose location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭adaminho

I'm watching Season six part two at the moment on the Irish Amazon. I noticed that most of it is broken up into two parts though so Season 4,5 and 6 are split.

I think I know what might have made my Prime Video behave strangely. I was in the UK for a week before Christmas. Didn't use Prime Video but logged into Amazon once when I was there to check the price of something so that might have set my settings to the UK and trashed my Irish watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

eposhea wrote: »
    Found an easy way to change region to Ireland...go to www.primevideo.com ...it asked me which region to choose from (UK/US/IRE) and I chose Ireland.

A lot of content is now back - the 3 year old is devastated tho.... Blaze and the Monster Machines is not on the Irish version

Confirming it updates in Firestick too. Not the same content, a lot still missing.

Edit: I usually watch by clicking on the Amazon Prime tab on the Amazon.co.uk site...this was the first time I went to www.primevideo.com, maybe that's why I could choose location.

That's great. Worked perfectly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

naughto wrote: »
    Is Vikings worth watching 5 seasons seems like a lot

If you like that kind of thing, then yes.

Been around 2 years since I completed it a 2nd time and 1/3 of the way into my 3rd viewing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Vikings season 5 is not available for me- it just says unavailable (doesn’t mention region). I spent an hour on amazon chat last night and didn’t really get any help but the episodes from season 1 that had been unavailable became available to watch.... so annoying

garden wrote: »
    Vikings season 5 is not available for me- it just says unavailable (doesn’t mention region). I spent an hour on amazon chat last night and didn’t really get any help but the episodes from season 1 that had been unavailable became available to watch.... so annoying

Have you tried to log out of Amazon completely and then log back on again?

Nothing changed for me until I did that.

Have you tried to log out of Amazon completely and then log back on again?

Nothing changed for me until I did that.

I tried that thanks but no change- thankfully all the random episodes from the other seasons are available so hopefully season 5 appears soon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

garden wrote: »

Are you trying to access it on amazon.co.uk or primevideo.com. If you have visited primevideo.com and set your region to Republic of Ireland it should be visible there but will be marked as "This title isn't available in your location" on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Are you trying to access it on amazon.co.uk or primevideo.com. If you have visited primevideo.com and set your region to Republic of Ireland it should be visible there but will be marked as "This title isn't available in your location" on amazon.co.uk

I made this mistake last night, and until it was mentioned and I went to primevideo to change location I'd still be lost . :-)

Yesterday I went into primevideo site and changed region there. Logged out and back in. Still problems with videos being unavailable (not because of location) on various devices. Season 5 not available on any devices

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jheaney

is it true amazon have just increased their VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Jheaney wrote: »
    is it true amazon have just increased their VAT?

No. Only governments can increase or decrease VAT rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Switched back to Ireland and going via the prime video app, I don't mind it tbh at least you only see content that's included!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

gmisk wrote: »
    Switched back to Ireland and going via the prime video app, I don't mind it tbh at least you only see content that's included!

Happy prime video customer for many years but looking at the complications of the thread it's hard not to look at one of the many android apps that don't have these complications!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

wingnut wrote: »
    Happy prime video customer for many years but looking at the complications of the thread it's hard not to look at one of the many android apps that don't have these complications!
    ....I have plenty of those too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

eposhea wrote: »

Thank you. This sorted mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

I've had some really strange problems with Amazon Prime video and I was just wondering if anybody else has had similar issues and if so, what can be done.

The short story is that I got Amazon Prime for the video streaming; the fast delivery is a nice to have, but ultimately not a big deal. I’m fairly tech savvy, but setting up the streaming from an Amazon FireTV was problematic and I had to get on to the tech supports to make it work. Every video I tried to watch failed with the RLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED error. Eventually the girl in Tech Support changed my country to UK and everything worked… Then Brexit happened…

In late December Amazon sent me an e-mail telling me I should change my location back to Ireland, which I did. The RLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED returned and Tech support had to change my country back to UK.

On the first of Jan all the video failed with the INVALID_GEO_IP error. I got back on to tech support they flipped me back to Ireland and the RLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED error returned. I got passed through to 3 different people in Tech support who all failed to fix the problem.

Today I tried tech support over the phone… The first person I spoke to wasn’t able to help so she transferred me to a more senior tech support; he tried a few things and then abruptly cut me off. I phoned back, and the (different) person I got told me that because of Brexit I need to get a separate PrimeVideo subscription, and even then, I’ll get a reduced choice of programs.

Surely, I can’t be the only person this has happened to. Is there even a way to complain to Amazon

Advertisement