Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and where on primevideo.com do you change location ? can't see it in settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

joujoujou wrote: »

Since I set mine back to Ireland (think it was last week), that link doesn't work for me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I think I can answer this - I was watching old episodes of Wiseguy a whole 6-7 episodes were missing - it was due to music rights - amazon would not or could not get the rights for all the music within the episodes so they were just left out - in the end they were so old they were on youtube!

It was funny to see one story arc end and next episode Vinny is clearing out his desk at the record company and I'm WTF is going on lol.
    icdg wrote: »
    You shouldn’t need a separate sub to watch Prime Video if you have Amazon Prime.

The missing episodes thing is a constant bugbearer of mine, Amazon are terrors for doing it, nobody else does and I’m not sure why they are particularly affected. Not necessarily in viewing order, either - it can take them a couple of goes to get it right and sometimes they never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

After binging the final season of Vikings I decided to rewatch the first few seasons, episodes 2,3,7,8,9 of season 1 were all unavailable. Anyone else experienced this , or have any idea the reason why .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭fman

Just a quick search there. There are 2 listings for "Vikings season 1 ". 1 seems intact, the other has unavailable episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Daveq

fryup wrote: »
    and where on primevideo.com do you change location ? can't see it in settings?

As soon as I went to primevideo.com it popped up with the option to change location. I don't get and can't find the option now.

I'm guessing if you don't get the option then you're ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Synode wrote: »
    Since I set mine back to Ireland (think it was last week), that link doesn't work for me anymore

I'd imagine if you use a vpn to the us, it may re-appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Julabo wrote: »
    If I move back my Prime video account to Ireland. Will I still hold on to my Prime music account?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Mine still works (for now!) I only changed my Primevideo location though and not the location in my Amazon account. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭vafankillar

only thing i've been watching on prime video is criminal minds, season 8 currently. if it gets removed or in a few weeks when I can see myself canceling.

haven't seen much else that really interests me. added a film the other day that looked alright, then decided to check it out today and it was already gone ffs.

nowtv has a pretty good selection, but the interface is even worse than prime. This whole needing to launch the application istead of streaming from browser is a load of bollox, hope other sites don't move in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

Synode wrote: »

That link only worked for me once. I don't think Amazon what you to be able to change your location. I had to phone Tech Support to get moved back.

nowtv has a pretty good selection, but the interface is even worse than prime. This whole needing to launch the application istead of streaming from browser is a load of bollox, hope other sites don't move in that direction.
    I don't know if it helps but I've seen posts saying that NowTV have the same Brexit related Geographical Problems that Amazon have got. (they've only have 4.5 years notice, so it must have come at quite a surprise)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

knightfly wrote: »
    I don't know if it helps but I've seen posts saying that NowTV have the same Brexit related Geographical Problems that Amazon have got. (they've only have 4.5 years notice, so it must have come at quite a surprise)

The Irish and U.K. Now TV services are separate but virtually identical in terms of content offered. The main difference is that there is an extra “Sports Extra” pass available in Ireland but not the U.K. (that offers Premier Sports and BT Sport) and there is a “Boost” pass available in the U.K. and not Ireland (that offers no extra channels but does offer HD and extra devices).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Right....

Without jinxing myself why is my Prime TV unaffected? I've still full access to UK prime. Is it because I paid with a UK revolut?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

So I decided to try a one month trial of Express VPN and changed my VPN to America to see what their Amazon prime was like. Was seeing a few shows I hadn't come across on the Irish one so was happy enough . That was until I clicked into them and they all said I had to sign up to Prime/video Membership. Well I am a prime member and I was signed in, So I thought maybe if I go onto the amazon site and changed region there it would recognise me as a prime member on the app and unlock the content . It didn't, and now I can't seem to change it back to Ireland so shows I'm watching like expanse are throwing the join our 30day trial to watch message at me . Anybody with any experience with this vpn changing region stuff ? Help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Without jinxing myself why is my Prime TV unaffected? I've still full access to UK prime. Is it because I paid with a UK revolut?

No. They decide that you are in Ireland based on your IP address. You can pay by UK card and have a UK address. It's IP that blocks you from the UK content.

I have no idea how you still have UK content on the tv with smart dns or vpn.

Right....

I believe they are tracking you based on your IP address. Are you in the North? Are you using a VPN?

(Love your choice of user name BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Not using a VPN on the TV. Hmmm. Must investigate it tonight when crotch goblins are asleep. Genuinely curious. I'll report back!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Not using a VPN on the TV. Hmmm. Must investigate it tonight when crotch goblins are asleep. Genuinely curious. I'll report back!

I still have full uk library available too. Also can watch prime shows directly from the home page banner on my 2020 4k firestick. No vpn or anything like that. Roi fixed broadband, paid for prime with revolut on annual sub early December.

Im afraid to investigate too much in case I do something to lose it, so im watching away with my fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

So I decided to try a one month trial of Express VPN and changed my VPN to America to see what their Amazon prime was like. Was seeing a few shows I hadn't come across on the Irish one so was happy enough . That was until I clicked into them and they all said I had to sign up to Prime/video Membership. Well I am a prime member and I was signed in, So I thought maybe if I go onto the amazon site and changed region there it would recognise me as a prime member on the app and unlock the content . It didn't, and now I can't seem to change it back to Ireland so shows I'm watching like expanse are throwing the join our 30day trial to watch message at me . Anybody with any experience with this vpn changing region stuff ? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Your prime membership is for the Irish version of Amazon UK. Because the UK were in the EU they had to follow the EU directive of being able to take your streaming service anywhere in the EU. You can move your home country to any of the other EU Amazons. You can get German prime video if you want to.

Amazon US isn't in the EU so even with a VPN you will need a US prime membership. I'm pretty sure that you can subscribe just to the Prime Video service without full membership. It will save you a few dollars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

There's an ocean of sporting docs- All Blacks, Dortmund, Man City, multiple cycling ones, gambling/poker etc. Any recommendations please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

There's an ocean of sporting docs- All Blacks, Dortmund, Man City, multiple cycling ones, gambling/poker etc. Any recommendations please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

I'd recommend the Maradona one if you haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Pa.

I watched the Amazon documentaries on Leeds and Spurs. Both are ok to pass the time, but neither got close to the Sunderland one on Netflix in my opinion. Others may disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I watched the Amazon documentaries on Leeds and Spurs. Both are ok to pass the time, but neither got close to the Sunderland one on Netflix in my opinion. Others may disagree

The Spurs one is very good, haven't watched the Leeds one yet. I'd agree, the Sunderland one is miles ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The all or nothings on American football are way better than the premier league versions . the leeds doc looked like it was made by leeds united

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Can you still watch uk content using a vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

catrat12 wrote: »
    Can you still watch uk content using a vpn

I am. I use expressvpn with the tv firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

peteeeed wrote: »
    The all or nothings on American football are way better than the premier league versions . the leeds doc looked like it was made by leeds united

Russell Crowe's narration got very annoying very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭cal naughton

I am. I use expressvpn with the tv firestick.

Thanks for this tip. Works for me now. Also 7 day free trial

• Advertisement

Thanks for this tip. Works for me now. Also 7 day free trial
    Can you also access the iPlayer?

Advertisement