Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Dcully wrote: »
    Watching Vikings on prime video season 5 part one episodes "unavailable to play"
    Any ideas?
    On PC (win 10) using Chrome to Primevideo.com vikings 501 episode 1 is available.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys, ive tried two different browsers on pc, skyQ box, two phones and still the same story.
    Season 501 all greyed out apart from episodes 5 and 7 which are working.
    Ive also tried them all across 3 accounts and exact same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Search for season 5 seperate to your continued watch sometimes seasons are in blocks, looks like that could be your issue tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Search for season 5 seperate to your continued watch sometimes seasons are in blocks, looks like that could be your issue tbh.

Thanks a million that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched a good few films recently

Parasite - South Korean 2019 Best Film Oscar winner. Masterpiece. Comedy, drama, thriller all rolled into one

The Founder - Michael Keaton is brilliant. The story of how McDonald's was founded and grew. Really enjoyable

Vice - Dick Cheney biopic. As subtle as a brick to the face. Don't bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Vice 5/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

deisedude wrote: »
    Watched a good few films recently

Parasite - South Korean 2019 Best Film Oscar winner. Masterpiece. Comedy, drama, thriller all rolled into one

The Founder - Michael Keaton is brilliant. The story of how McDonald's was founded and grew. Really enjoyable

Vice - Dick Cheney biopic. As subtle as a brick to the face. Don't bother

Yeah really enjoyed both Parasite and The Founder.

Watched The Report with Adam Driver last night. Well worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Dcully wrote: »
    Watching Vikings on prime video season 5 part one episodes "unavailable to play"
    Any ideas?

This was happening me. Random episodes missing and season 5 not available- i made another profile and after 20 mins missing episodes and season 5 appeared on new profile. I have 3 profiles and 2 don’t have season 5 available and 1 has season 5.

I rang amazon and they said the fix for this was to unsubscribe from primevideo uk - and subscribe to primevideo.com - I’ve yet to do this so not sure if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

garden wrote: »
    This was happening me. Random episodes missing and season 5 not available- i made another profile and after 20 mins missing episodes and season 5 appeared on new profile. I have 3 profiles and 2 don’t have season 5 available and 1 has season 5.

I rang amazon and they said the fix for this was to unsubscribe from primevideo uk - and subscribe to primevideo.com - I’ve yet to do this so not sure if it works
    I've seen the same problem with Futurama. For example, the last episode of Season 2 is unavailable as if the first of Season 3. There is no obvious reason why.

At least with Futurama the is rarely any continuity between episodes so you can miss the occasional one :-/

Prior to Brexit I was able to see them all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Could it be something to do with rights for using music or clips from movies? Admittedly, seems a bit unlikely with Vikings unless they've introduced some time travel element into the show a la Lost...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Recommendation for "The Missing" , drama about a missing child set in France & staring James Nesbit. Finished the first season and really enjoyed it. ( Annoyingly though, the scenes where they are speaking French do not have English subtitles for some reason. Thankfully these scenes were infrequent enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Started to rewatch The Shield I hadn't seen it in years and it really still holds up nearly 20 years after it was made as one top class show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

cathalj wrote: »
    Recommendation for "The Missing" , drama about a missing child set in France & staring James Nesbit. Finished the first season and really enjoyed it. ( Annoyingly though, the scenes where they are speaking French do not have English subtitles for some reason. Thankfully these scenes were infrequent enough).

If you turn on subtitles fully they'll probably appear. Subtitling on prime is one of the areas they really fall down on though, this issue has been mentioned here loads...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

dulpit wrote: »
    If you turn on subtitles fully they'll probably appear. Subtitling on prime is one of the areas they really fall down on though, this issue has been mentioned here loads...

No, tried that. Strangely enough there are no English subtitles available for the show at all. First time i've encountered this.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

hkjohn wrote: »
    Before the Brexit deadline passed on 31 Dec, I took the precaution of moving my AUK account to a UK-based credit card and my sister's UK address. This worked fine for a few weeks has now stopped as they are obviously using the IP address to block your location.

Oddly, before switching back to my Irish credit card and snail mail address last night, AUK was still accepting payment for series (the Bureau S2) that are marked "not available in your present location" despite my having a Sundance channel subscription. Presume I can continue to watch the shows I bought by simply switching my account back to the UK credit card and address I used to make the purchase.

Not sure if - or how - switching to Amazon.com in the US will help. Anyone know for sure?

Only thing I'm sure of is that Am Ireland is hardly worth having any more as even the free delivery costs are wiped out by import taxes

Some title are not available for me now that Brexit has happened. I'm assuming that these titles are licenced to Amazon for the territory of the EU and that does not now include the UK. I have Kids+ which is only available in the UK (not Ireland). If I switch to an Irish account I'll lose Kids+ and probably still not get the content I previously had e.g. titles like Parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I was on chat a few tomes and they dont have a clue.

Eventually i figured out to do this.

Go to your amazon account.
    Go to account & lists.
    Click Manage Your content and devices.
    Then click preferences
    Change your country to Rep Ireland.

Now when you use prime video use it on primevideo.com on the web and use your normal login for it.
    On the firestick you will only see whats available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Synode wrote: »
    Yeah really enjoyed both Parasite and The Founder.

Watched The Report with Adam Driver last night. Well worth a watch

The Founder and The Report are both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,898 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Anyone got any idea why something is available on the sky app, but not when I sign in to my Smart TV. Same account btw

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Páid wrote: »
    If I switch to an Irish account I'll lose Kids+ and probably still not get the content I previously had e.g. titles like Parasite.
    'Parasite' is available on the Irish account anyway. I don't think the content is all that different anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

If I switch I'll lose the Kids+ though.

My choices are;
    Stay UK and lose the content but keep Kids+
    Switch to Ireland and get all the content but lose Kids+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Quazzie wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea why something is available on the sky app, but not when I sign in to my Smart TV. Same account btw

I had this problem on an older tv where the Prime Video app was for UK accounts only so I had to use Chromecast from my phone to my television instead. It works fine on a newer television.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,898 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

lertsnim wrote: »
    I had this problem on an older tv where the Prime Video app was for UK accounts only so I had to use Chromecast from my phone to my television instead. It works fine on a newer television.

That could be it. The Sky box is "Prime Video" whereas the TV is Amazon TV

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I'm going to quit my Amazon Prime Video which is a student sub (so half price). PM me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Hey all, I have Amazon Prime Video but after about a month or two I can no longer watch anything on my smart TV via the app. It picture either keeps freezing while the sound continues or the screen turns green. I have tried an ethernet cable going directly from the TV to the router to see if that would help but it had no impact.

I can watch content from Prime on my laptop no problem but not on the TV. I tried uninstalling the preinstalled Prime app that was on the TV but it keeps picking up the same app when I go to reinstall.

Would anyone know if a Fire Stick would help solve my problem or is the TV the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Hey all, I have Amazon Prime Video but after about a month or two I can no longer watch anything on my smart TV via the app. It picture either keeps freezing while the sound continues or the screen turns green. I have tried an ethernet cable going directly from the TV to the router to see if that would help but it had no impact.

I can watch content from Prime on my laptop no problem but not on the TV. I tried uninstalling the preinstalled Prime app that was on the TV but it keeps picking up the same app when I go to reinstall.

Would anyone know if a Fire Stick would help solve my problem or is the TV the issue?

Plug the laptop into the TV?

Wake me up when it's all over.

I've had trouble with the PrimeVideo app playing video really slowly - much slower then the video is being played. Exiting the app and restarting it always fixes the problem.

Does your problem occur with any other streaming application? Youtube for example

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

If you have an android TV there are ways of side loading an app onto the TV using certain apps that are available on the store. Sorry for the vague response, but I did this myself to install certain streaming sites but as all of these are now dead I deleted them. Google is your friend here on this if you want to get the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is it possible to share your amazon prime account with other family members that don't live in the same house as you? Like with Disney plus, I can share with 3 other family members and we can all watch at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

knightfly wrote: »
    I've had trouble with the PrimeVideo app playing video really slowly - much slower then the video is being played. Exiting the app and restarting it always fixes the problem.

Does your problem occur with any other streaming application? Youtube for example

Prime Video is the only app that I would run on the TV.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Is it possible to share your amazon prime account with other family members that don't live in the same house as you? Like with Disney plus, I can share with 3 other family members and we can all watch at the same time.
    From a technical perspective I believe you can, however it would mean giving them your password... That might mean they can purchase stuff in the Amazon store and have you pick up the bill

Advertisement