Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: knightfly - there is a big discussion about this already. I've merged your question with the existing thread - read back over the last page or two for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

When I try to edit my location in prime video app or website, it just brings me back to the main Amazon account. In Amazon you have the delivery address and the digital address. Neither of these are your prime video address/location. I don't think it's user configurable. I had both Amazon addresses set to Ireland and still had UK prime video until I rang them.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

knightfly wrote: »
    I've had some really strange problems with Amazon Prime video and I was just wondering if anybody else has had similar issues and if so, what can be done...
    In summary, there is no fault. Your Firestick is designed for use in the UK. It will not work properly outside the UK without the use of a VPN or DNS proxy. Unfortunately, there is no Ireland-specific version of the Firestick (like there is for the Now TV stick).

In saying that, there is a workaround which is to use the Prime Video app on the Firestick and this will work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

I was talking to prime chat, they just switched back from UK to Ireland, but then they went on to say prime, with audio and video and reading will now not work in Ireland Inc north!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

griffinlee wrote: »
    I was talking to prime chat, they just switched back from UK to Ireland, but then they went on to say prime, with audio and video and reading will now not work in Ireland Inc north!

Amazon music working perfectly here in Irlande.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eposhea

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Amazon music working perfectly here in Irlande.

Do you have Amazon Music Unlimited, separately to Prime? I have never been able to access music as part of Prime membership in Ireland!

I checked my music and it's working , it doesn't seem to be music unlimited but it is Amazon music with playlists, have it connected to my Sonos and its working..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eposhea

griffinlee wrote: »
    I checked my music and it's working , it doesn't seem to be music unlimited but it is Amazon music with playlists, have it connected to my Sonos and its working..

I can't figure it out - what is the Url/app you are using to listen?

No matter where I click, it brings me to Amazon Music and any song/playlist/album I click on it prompts me to sign up to Unlimited or not - no option to listen on Prime account :confused:

I set it up on an echo device via the skills app in Alexa. I couldn't figure out the other way

eposhea wrote: »
    Do you have Amazon Music Unlimited, separately to Prime? I have never been able to access music as part of Prime membership in Ireland!

Just Amazon music. Plus yesterday I got the email for the Amazon Prime first reads choice.

• Advertisement

Amazon music LLC app. Stream and discover songs and podcasts.

It's there on the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Finally got around to setting up again. Pita as a good chunk of my watchlist disappeared and shows that are available in both regions lost their viewing history when I set mine back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Was onto Chat today to get my account sorted -thanks for the info here everybody- and they acknowledged there is an issue with the Prime Home Screen and that they are working on it but until then use the prime video app (as stated here earlier)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Had a wierd issue with prime last night. The profile name of the main user changed from my name to anne marie. I quickly logged out, changed my password and logged back in. I also checked my buying history in amazon to make sure I was not buying anything unusual.

On the plus side, bobs burgers season 10 is now available. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

On the plus side, bobs burgers season 10 is now available. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

Thanks Anne Marie for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

garden wrote: »
    Vikings season 5 is not available for me- it just says unavailable (doesn’t mention region). I spent an hour on amazon chat last night and didn’t really get any help but the episodes from season 1 that had been unavailable became available to watch.... so annoying

I tried watching Animal Kingdom on my PS4 yesterday. Oddly, every episode was there bar the first two. I then tried it on my laptop and all the episodes were there. After playing it on the laptop, it then became available on the PS4.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Amazon has lost its appeal for Ireland definitely.

Prime shopping is useless now as most items I bought last year free delivery are €10 delivery even with prime.

Stuff has longer delivery times.

And prime video is a total mess.

Was watching 3 series in 4k before Christmas that are now not available in my region.

Bad enough we only get a percentage of US stuff now its a percentage of UK stuff.
    Have to watch sd version.

The worst is the lack of information from amazon for what options they plan for Irish prime customers. They saying zero.

No Irish distribution, no free prime delivery from EU. No 4k video. Etc... They love our corporate tax rate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dublin'09

dfdream wrote: »

Prime shopping is useless now as most items I bought last year free delivery are €10 delivery even with prime.

Was watching 3 series in 4k before Christmas that are now not available in my region.

Bad enough we only get a percentage of US stuff now its a percentage of UK stuff.

The worst is the lack of information from amazon for what options they plan for Irish prime customers. They saying zero.

No Irish distribution, no free prime delivery from EU. No 4k video. Etc... They love our corporate tax rate though.

Agree it’s not worth it for Irish customers anymore. I cancelled mine yesterday after having it for years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

No 4k video. Etc... They love our corporate tax rate though.
    No 4k video? I've been getting 4k and have always been with an Irish sub to Amazon Prime video.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ixoy wrote: »
    No 4k video? I've been getting 4k and have always been with an Irish sub to Amazon Prime video.

I can confirm that I too definitely get 4k video where available on an Irish sub.

• Advertisement

I respect your opinion but in fairness to Amazon they didn't know until the last minute if there would be a Brexit deal or not. It's very hard to plan when you don't know what you are planning for.

UK content is still there with smart DNS for less than 50c per month. You can then get Iplayer free too

4K is definitely there

Delivery times are difficult for them because they don't know yet how quickly or slowly Irish customs will be for them. The 2 week delivery is them covering themselves. Expect to see this shortened over the next few weeks. I ordered something late last night for 18 euro with free prime postage. I paid no VAT saving 21 percent.It had a delivery date of Jan 15th. It was dispatched before I got out of bed this morning. I expect to have it Wednesday or Thursday.

I'd suggest giving Amazon a week or two to iron out any kinks. Brexit hasn't effected my prime benefits (inc prime video) at all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I really feel like Amazon is unfairly getting a bit of a bad rap here over the past few pages.

I get that some are annoyed at losing access to the UK version of Prime Video, but even the Irish version of Prime Video has an insanely large library of movies (over 10,000) and tv shows (over 1,200) now. I honestly feel like Prime Video gets far more (and better) movies added to its roster each month than Netflix has been lately.
    Granted, the Prime Video interface is a mess (shows split into seasons and 4k titles shown separately to HD titles is nonsense), but thats the only downside I can see.

I pay for a full Prime sub (about €9 a month) and thats nearly half the price of my current Netflix sub (top tier to get 4k).
    So apart from just the video you also get:
    • Free shipping from the UK (I'm sure shipping times will return to normal once Brexit madness has settled). Also with no VAT on items under €22 till mid-year, you are saving 21% on smaller items!
    • Amazon Music (2 million songs for free to stream).
    • Prime Reading (thousands of books and comics to read on Kindle).

How is that not fantastic value?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I respect your opinion but in fairness to Amazon they didn't know until the last minute if there would be a Brexit deal or not. It's very hard to plan when you don't know what you are planning for.

UK content is still there with smart DNS for less than 50c per month. You can then get Iplayer free too

Which smart dns are you using? Trying getflix and cant get it to work

cathy427 wrote:

Getflix is definitely working for UK prime. There must be a dozen amazon threads over the last few days and I definitely read several members reported getflix as working fine.

I have lifetime getflix but it started having difficulty with NOWTV UK so I took out 2 years of Smart DNS Proxy. Works out less than 50c per month & I use it for HBO MAX, Disney plus US, Showtime, iplayer etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

cathy427 wrote: »

Getflix working perfectly for me. Have you configured Getflix for Amazon Prime UK?

mossie wrote: »
    Getflix working perfectly for me. Have you configured Getflix for Amazon Prime UK?

Thanks, ya on the laptop I signed up for the free trial and it says IP recognised and I changed the region setting for amazon prime to UK.

I asked a lot of questions and got answers on a thread over on bargain alerts so to be fair I better not duplicate it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Probably obvious but if you are having issues with content in prime video app saying "not available" in you region... then just reboot.

I had changed everything from UK back to Ireland and forgot to do this simple step

All fine now .

yankinlk wrote: »
    Probably obvious but if you are having issues with content in prime video app saying "not available" in you region... then just reboot.

I had changed everything from UK back to Ireland and forgot to do this simple step

All fine now .

Thanks.

Ya have re started the firestick numerous times but no joy

Any chance a moderator can put a sticky thread on how to break copyright restrictions for Prime, Disney and Netflix and DNS and VPNs and all that crap. It just gets boring coming into this threads for recommendations on what to watch or find out what news only to read pages of the same crap about bypassing regional restrictions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Any chance a moderator can put a sticky thread on how to break copyright restrictions for Prime, Disney and Netflix and DNS and VPNs and all that crap. It just gets boring coming into this threads for recommendations on what to watch or find out what news only to read pages of the same crap about bypassing regional restrictions!

Jeez. Sorry thought I was being helpful. Give it a few days and the thread should be back to normal

Advertisement