Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭cal naughton

knightfly wrote: »
    Can you also access the iPlayer?

BBC iPlayer? Don't have that sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

knightfly wrote: »
    Can you also access the iPlayer?

iPlayer works with expressvpn using the UK Wembley server. Can buffer at times but not so much that you'd exit the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Breaking the trend here with a request for info on content.

I guess this is wishful thinking but is there any plain text list of what Irish Amazon Prime content is available?

I find myself seeing the same crap time after time on the home screen but anything decent takes too long to find so I tend to give up.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Am new to this AP. Impressed with it so far, great selection of horror movies. Need to watch midsomnar as soon as I finish the last season of Vikings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Breaking the trend here with a request for info on content.

I guess this is wishful thinking but is there any plain text list of what Irish Amazon Prime content is available?

I find myself seeing the same crap time after time on the home screen but anything decent takes too long to find so I tend to give up.

There is an app called just watch which i find great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

1917 added to the irish site today

peteeeed wrote: »
    1917 added to the irish site today

Been there a while for me ???????

This is where Amazon Prime is just so crap. Why not have some searchable properties for the content so you can see when it was added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is The Bureau on Irish Prime or UK only?

I've just searched Irish Prime and its not there.

This is where Amazon Prime is just so crap. Why not have some searchable properties for the content so you can see when it was added.

was on the uk site for the last couple of months
    i just checked the prime app on my sky q box which is set to the irish prime and its there

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

I was told 'Godfather of Harlem' was on Prime Ireland too, alas no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's been on the UK one a while.

And there's a Just Added movie category.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It absolutely wasn't available when I searched for it the other day. It's been on the UK version for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Pretty much all my Amazon prime stuff is now coming up with he “not available in your current location”. Assume this is cos, although paying with a UK card from a UK address, my IP address is in Ireland. can still buy stuff but subs for stars and Sundance are kaput.

hkjohn wrote: »
    Pretty much all my Amazon prime stuff is now coming up with he “not available in your current location”. Assume this is cos, although paying with a UK card from a UK address, my IP address is in Ireland. can still buy stuff but subs for stars and Sundance are kaput.

Having the same issue after moving back a while ago, thinking of just creating a new account with the Irish details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭whatever76

Yea its all going a bit weird esp on Phone App - I looked for new Episode of this is us ( Don't judge me !! ) today. Its not available on my phone ( previous seasons as well ) but available on Sky box via the App ( new episode ) and can see it via Web directly on my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Had the same issue. Got on to them on chat.
    They recommended closing the .co.uk prime account, getting a refund, going to primevideo.com, taking a free trial and if happy, sign up to that

Kalico92 wrote: »
    Having the same issue after moving back a while ago, thinking of just creating a new account with the Irish details

Before the Brexit deadline passed on 31 Dec, I took the precaution of moving my AUK account to a UK-based credit card and my sister's UK address. This worked fine for a few weeks has now stopped as they are obviously using the IP address to block your location.

Oddly, before switching back to my Irish credit card and snail mail address last night, AUK was still accepting payment for series (the Bureau S2) that are marked "not available in your present location" despite my having a Sundance channel subscription. Presume I can continue to watch the shows I bought by simply switching my account back to the UK credit card and address I used to make the purchase.

Not sure if - or how - switching to Amazon.com in the US will help. Anyone know for sure?

Only thing I'm sure of is that Am Ireland is hardly worth having any more as even the free delivery costs are wiped out by import taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

hkjohn wrote: »
    Only thing I'm sure of is that Am Ireland is hardly worth having any more as even the free delivery costs are wiped out by import taxes
    As long as you're buying from amazon directly you pay vat (at irish rate) and no additional charges under a certain value. If the item is less than €22 you also don't pay vat for the next 6 months (provided the entire delivery value is less than €22, so split those orders up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

Kalico92 wrote: »
    Did you phone Tech Support and ask them to move your location to Ireland? If you use the PrimeVideo app you get something working

dulpit wrote: »
    As long as you're buying from amazon directly you pay vat (at irish rate) and no additional charges under a certain value. If the item is less than €22 you also don't pay vat for the next 6 months (provided the entire delivery value is less than €22, so split those orders up).

Cheers for the clarification. Will give that a go. Amazon Prime Video Ireland is still pants though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Had the same issue. Got on to them on chat.
    They recommended closing the .co.uk prime account, getting a refund, going to primevideo.com, taking a free trial and if happy, sign up to that

Is there a difference in content between prime video and prime? When using a months prime, some content wasnt available. Was offered a free prime video trial for a week and can now view those series. Same amazon account so region must be same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I haven't noticed anything missing yet but I didn't do a very thorough investigation.
    Anything I was watching was still available when I switched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Jean Claude van johnson is great cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh 1917 had been on the Irish Prime for at least 5/6 days now - remember chatting about it when we saw it there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yeh 1917 had been on the Irish Prime for at least 5/6 days now - remember chatting about it when we saw it there

Added on the 12th certainly appears this pandemic really has days dragging on like weeks for some. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Synode wrote: »
    It's a phone setting no? Pull down from top of screen, then again, the drag the slider at the bottom to left
    auspicious wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Prime has a problem that dark images are very dark and there have been problems with some tvs and phones.
    I can't find the brightness settings on Prime itself. The setting on the phone doesn't help all whole lot.
    It is no problem in a dark room but terrible in light.

doesn't seem to be any settings while watching on TV??

was watching The Grand Tour last night and some scenes appeared very dark which is annoying...anyone else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watching Vikings on prime video season 5 part one episodes "unavailable to play"
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Dcully wrote: »
    Watching Vikings on prime video season 5 part one episodes "unavailable to play"
    Any ideas?

Working for me on phone app - are you using a browser/stick?

I had my region set to Uk and changed it back to Ireland on the browser recently, haven’t had the issues other people have had

Advertisement