Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

is it still going, my internet packed it in shortly after the lady started talking some sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,337 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Journal have a summary of the entire thing:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jobpath-committee-4444680-Jan2019/?utm_source=twitter_short

Well, I say the entire thing... No mention of the man himself anywhere on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Penn wrote: »
    The Journal have a summary of the entire thing:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jobpath-committee-4444680-Jan2019/?utm_source=twitter_short

Well, I say the entire thing... No mention of the man himself anywhere on it.

Cover up by the MSM?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Wonks from WIT were pretty good. The long haired dude looked like EndaLemmy's sensible brother.

Jeff will be just in time to lorry into some Dail scran and belt across town with a sausage roll for Gemma.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not sure what time the LH visitors restaurant stops doing breakfast, but its both pretty good and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Did he say one thing that wasn't read off a piece of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Was he asked any hard questions? Like did he ask permission from these victims to use their distress as a punchline for his one-man quest to milk the State dry? :mad:

washiskin wrote: »
    Was he asked any hard questions? Like did he ask permission from these victims to use their distress as a punchline for his one-man quest to milk the State dry? :mad:

Nah, it wasn't that type of pow wow. It's part of the final stages of a review of Jobpath's success (or lack of) as the contracts are coming up for renewal this year.
    This section appeared to deal with frontline clients experience. Jeff and Damo presenting they're experience, another was a woman working with some sort of job reach programme that was getting nudged out by Jobpath and two foreheads from Waterford IT who used a sample of 25 clients and they're experience with the service.

It was quite boring but sort of interesting and I was very impressed that there's such an open and transparent mechanism of inquiry.

Kinda blows the deep state conspiracy theorists agenda out of the water.
    It was a pleasant and comforting chinwag and guests were afforded plenty of time to tell their story. I was half expecting Garrison Keeler to pop up and introduce a music interlude before lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I read the Journal report on it, the academics interviewed unemployed people. It seems they didn't interview anyone who got a job while doing JobPath, so straight away there's a massive bias.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

humberklog wrote: »
    Woohoo!!
    Lanyard!!! That'll be a keeper.

Spot on prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I read the Journal report on it, the academics interviewed unemployed people. It seems they didn't interview anyone who got a job while doing JobPath, so straight away there's a massive bias.

Exactly and did they interview 25 Jeffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

There are those that just cowardly attack and moan, always anon' on Irish forums - then there is those that actually get out and try to do something about current injustice to Irish citizens. I know which one Damien Fagan and I are. We again proved it today and we will continue to prove it.

Who are you better really listening to? Just the internet keyboard warriors/trolls or the peaceful, professional behaving activists actually out there trying to make a positive difference for everyone in Ireland!

This coming from someone who used to live on boards.ie until he was permabanned. :pac:

Jeff, if I was paid to stay a home all day and didn't choose to work to support my family I could play at being a "professional behaving activist" too.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

'Professional' implies a profession!

Ranting and raving on the internet and knocking up the missus yet again don't count Jeff.

As for injustice against the citizens of Ireland, how about those able-bodied welfare leeches who refuse to work when employment is readily available?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Jeffs lauding of his buddy Damian is bizarre .... talking about how great and professional he is ... how come someone like him is even on a jobpath programme .. surely he can find work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Poor auld jeff,

he really is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    He has been heard, he has been allowed speak, he is evidence of a transparent functioning democracy.

And yet to capitalise on this, his greatest success to date, he has to keep complaining about being ignored by a fine gael td who went to the loo.

nothing else will satisfy the attention span of his mob.

If he were to post today, well, job well done folks, lets sit tight and see what comes of this, he would lose the lot of them to the next outraged chap (gilroy camp are motivated currently).

Ah well, that;s what you get when you have structured your life the way he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

eldamo wrote: »
    And yet to capitalise on this, his greatest success to date, he has to keep complaining about being ignored by a fine gael td who went to the loo.

There's no way to placate people who get everything for nothing. No matter how much you give, there'll always be something more they want, something they feel entitled to and it's everyone elses fault that they don't have it.

Don't expect a modicum of gratitude or humility, not even a half-hearted thank you.....no-one in the world is more important than themselves, not the sad sap getting up at 5.30am for work, not the health insurance-less/medical card-less patient waiting days for a doctor's appointment, not the homebound senior getting their home help hours cut..... no, there's always something these mooches need that has to take priority, or so help them, they'll rant on Facebook from the comfort of their garden shed.

His complaining about moaners on the internet and the assumption they do nothing all day is quite telling of the bubble Jeff has lived in for years. A bubble of idleness and aloofness.

I get the impression that most people contributing here have jobs, I do. Jeff doesn't seem to understand that a person can be politically aware and active and still work a job.
    Activism isn't a "Tools Down" for life option- that weakens the provenance of your message and having a job keeps you tuned into the reality of society.

There was a telling moment yesterday of Jeff's attitude to work and the people who work. He was making the point that Jobpath is hindering people's ambitions by attempting to put them into jobs that the client feels they're better than.
    Jeff mentioned 2 jobs in particular: Stacking shelves and cleaning toilets. What's wrong with those jobs? They're ordinary enough jobs for sure but there's nothing wrong with doing them. I've personally had far tougher jobs than those.
    And what does that say of Jeff's opinion of people who do those jobs? When he's waltzing around Tesco loading up cheap chicken nuggets for his kids and he sees someone working away stacking bags of nuggets or when he's waiting outside the toilets whilst they're getting cleaned...if you're looking down on that job you're looking down on the people who do those jobs.

Government programmes have given Jeff every opportunity to better his lot
    and after 10years he's failed to do that for himself and his family. Jeff expects to join the army at 4 star General level...and that's not how life works.

It was quite something Jeff posting a pic of himself and Damian and pitching Damo to the jobs market...what about himself?? Is a job good enough for Damo but not for Jeff?

Jeff Rudd looks down on ordinary jobs and the people doing them.

United People indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Great see his heartfelt pleas for somebody to give Damien a job.

Pity he doesn't display similar passion to find a job himself :rolleyes:

blackwhite wrote: »
    Great see his heartfelt pleas for somebody to give Damien a job.

Pity he doesn't display similar passion to find a job himself :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Jeff is a product of a welfare system whereby some just can’t afford to work

• Advertisement

Just watching the committee now. They are on the Oireachtas TV channel for the entire nation to watch.

Chairman is bringing up that the sample of only 25 is used to draw a lot of conclusions in that report.

John Brady TD is a TREMENDOUS admirer of these mens work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

In a typical display of absolute Ruddish, Jeff opines that Vicky Phelan is “A great woman. I hope her health is stays in the less fatal zone for as long as it can.”

May all our health is stay in the less fatal zone. Wise words indeed.

John Brady (SF), Brid Smith (PBP) and Alice Mary Higgins (Micheal D's daughter) doing the questioning.

Its ehhhhhh....... not exactly a roasting cross examination.

Edit: Johns quite the waffler by the way

John Brady (SF), Brid Smith (PBP) and Alice Mary Higgins (Micheal D's daughter) doing the questioning.

Its ehhhhhh....... not exactly a roasting cross examination.

Edit: Johns quite the waffler by the way

It wasn't really the module for that.

In fairness I was very impressed by the process. These were the public with experience of the service, from front line clients like Rudd to a local Job Reach rep with long experience of working in the field and two Open University TV professors from the 1970's representing WIT who had done a small study on a small sample of JobPath clients.

Jeff was questioned on some of his financial figures which meant that at least one of the brave panel took one for the team and delved into Rudd's Ulysses. Rudd's Magic Utilitarianism style of writing is as repetitive as it is confusing so this was no easy task. Jeff addressed the question and responded in RuddMath (statistics and data overly simplified).
    Notes were taken by all parties.

I see Jeff is recruiting again. He has a wee cartoon explaining what his company can do for businesses (unfortunately the graphics move too quickly that a lot of it can't be read- but it's a business that wants to promote other businesses).

It looks as though he has broken the seventh seal on the Shirkers' Scrolls:
    Jeff is so unwilling to do a job that even when he creates one for himself he wants to hire someone to do it for him- for free!
    I kid you fncking not.

He's even offered the job to Damien Fagan. I'd like to see Damian sign that "contract".

the whole Clear and Graphic is somewhat puzzling ... for someone who is so active on social media the business page on facebook has little or no activity - 6 followers .. yet he is saying its a business to help other business increase their social media / marketing activity etc.

The business has been active for a number of years yet Jeff is still in the Jobpath programme. Is the company actually trading / filing accounts or is it like a College Project?

He talks about running a business .. yet there seems to be zero activity with this business.

You seem to be suggesting that he's not a good business man?

You seem to be suggesting that he's not a good business man?

I wouldn't dare social media attack local man who is fighting tirelessly to ensure that my off spring are entitled to claim Jobseekers allowance when not actually seeking a job.

I just wonder what the purpose of the actual business is - as a business it isn't actually looking for clients, the owner and only employee seems to spend no time on building the business ... is it a smoke screen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The Glorious Leader was on with PJ Coogan yesterday.

https://www.96fm.ie/on-air/shows/the-opinion-line/listen-back/

Start the most recent audio file at 47:06 to hear the magic.

whippet wrote: »

I just wonder what the purpose of the actual business is - as a business it isn't actually looking for clients, the owner and only employee seems to spend no time on building the business ... is it a smoke screen ?

This should clear things up...

From the Clear and Graphic FB page-

Why Marketing Online Is Important!
    An online location has become a basic requirement for most SME's, charities, education establishments, performance acts, comedians, DJ's and bands, etc. Basic internet fact today is, if you don't look to manage your internet presence, others will. Your clients and potential customers are right now online, social media talking and they can raise what you are involved in, by good word or bad. Social media has the ability to share such words and often additional graphics very fast. All this can be customer influential.
    It is usually the unhappy ones that spread social media messages further and faster. This an unfortunate factor of internet usage. Left unchallenged, poor online presence or none at all, can have serious repercussions in reputation, finance and ability to positive market further. It's therefore vital that a better marketing presence is established as soon as possible. Many businesses have come to recognise this.
    Today, for those businesses, a website is just not enough. You may have a site location but social media is the new 'word of mouth. Most word static or graphic locations don't provide social media ability. To market your business or something else, you need a more effective site combined with an active presence through additional social media.

Is that clear and graphic enough?

That PJ interview was funny. PJ was a fair bit skeptical of JR's back story but I was hoping he was going to ask "When did you give up working as a barman?".

• Advertisement

He really is trying to talk like a politician .. answering questions he wasn’t asked .. and when it came to his own situation he was like a skilled pro ... giving answers like ‘that wouldn’t be incorrect’

He did trip himself up royally when he said he paid for his own course in DKIT .. and later admitted it was a springboard course which is free to the long term unemployed.

Why he wasn’t asked what he does with all his qualification I don’t know !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement