Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Had I enough possible prior media tried future knowledge notice, I would have dropped a note to a friend of mine who works with PJ as a reporter/researcher/general information type person.

I’m sure he would have been only too happy to brief the Peedge and inform his questioning.

A missed opportunity on my behalf.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Rudd.

He’s cribbing and moaning this evening about the amount paid out to private landlords by the state, year on year.

Rudd? Where the fook do you think the roof over your head comes from? The house fairy?

Feel free to get a job and take some of the burden off the working people of Ireland, in respect of the privately owned dwelling wherein you reside at the expense of the state. We’ll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Just as hypercritical as his sharing of posts about job vacancies ... when he has no intention of ever applying

The Jeffster has generously come out and extended the full support of himself and his mighty party to the INMO in respect of their current action.

If he got off his wizened behind and paid his way, it may be of possible far more greater further financial tried assistance help to the state’s purse, and allow the hard pressed front line health workers a little more leeway in terms of earnings and reward.

The Jeffster has generously come out and extended the full support of himself and his mighty party to the INMO in respect of their current action.

If he got off his wizened behind and paid his way, it may be of possible far more greater further financial tried assistance help to the state’s purse, and allow the hard pressed front line health workers a little more leeway in terms of earnings and reward.

but your not supposed to Kop that!

It is telling that despite the states best efforts he still can't command a weekly wage. In his 'interview' on 96fm he alluded to having another degree (history or something); along with his (paid for by the state) springboard course from DKIT. He never mentioned anything about his IT Teaching career or legal expertise

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    but your not supposed to Kop that!

It is telling that despite the states best efforts he still can't command a weekly wage. In his 'interview' on 96fm he alluded to having another degree (history or something); along with his (paid for by the state) springboard course from DKIT. He never mentioned anything about his IT Teaching career or legal expertise

Or, bodyguard to the stars, special ops type military hero, friend, confidante and lover to any number of hollywood celebs, and successful business owner in the UK and further afield. All of which fascinating anecdotes he related on here with reckless abandon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

"Close contact support" is how he phrased his security experience if iirc..

Lecturer in "computers". That wasn't mentioned

What about his work with homeless charities and working the food banks? Not mentioned.

What about his hydro-engineering plan to solve Drogheda's flooding problem? (this was one of his main running platforms last time out (although he never revealed what his solution was to a problem that was hardly there).

Has he actually done anyrhing local to help his local society?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Can anyone link to his posts where he claims to have been a secret service style bodyguard and lover of the stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Slideways

Biggins wrote: »
    There is more to the job than just jumping in front of bullets.
    Thats more than a bit of a misconception. The job is about using ones brains!
    Know the dangers, quickly recognising the turkey shoot points, spotting the things that look 'odd' in a crowd, diversifying alternate routes, being prepared, being able NOT to be spotted as a bodyguard at times, recognising the various multiple people formations and methods used by people stalking and/or doing their own security assessment before eventually attacking an intended target. One has to be able to know which vehicles are best for different types of jobs (and know how each is additionally effected by ground terrain, changing weather and by incoming weapon fire, etc), be resourceful quickly with ones immediate surroundings, know how to adapt and have good range in skill in not just weapons but how to also make use of every day objects and turn them into such or use them as a method of non-offensive protection.

This film created image of "O' a bodyguard just is about having to jump in front of bullets" is a daft film/media misconception.
    Bodyguards are paid high money, they however are most times bored out of their tree if they are NOT doing their job of constant observation and assessment.
    It all takes brains to know and do this stuff (quickly!), not just an ability (if you believe what you see on screen) that you can throw yourself in front of a body!

Something like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭furiousox

Best said in the style of Alan Partridge. :pac:
    Is it true that Jeff taught Elvis how to play karate?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

His skills are needed in Drogheda more than ever now .. with the evolvingntuft war going on !

humberklog wrote: »

Has he actually done anyrhing local to help his local society?

I’m up the Drogheda direction and I’m not aware of any organisation of which he volunteers or offers his ‘skills’ to.

There is always groups and organisations seeking volunteers and struggling to get them. He must be too busy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Slideways wrote: »
    Something like this...

Wow. Full-blown Walter Mitty.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

His grammar wasn’t as appalling then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

It does seem to have deteriorated drastically since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

this is pretty much how you have to view all of his output

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Slideways wrote: »
    Something like this...

A master of the ocular pat down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He adopted a weird phrasing when he took over DDI. I assume he thinks he's hitting a presidential tone. Maybe it is, but not of an English speaking country.

Some more choice ones.

-"No matter what you tell people to do, they still do the opposite and get shot at and blown up.

They see the unclear and minute, yet they don't see the big signs coming right at them.

That a single AK47/48 can cause so much damage.

That everything is traceable. Everyone is buggable. No secret stays a secret for long.

The one that wants you dead more often that not, will also be the one smiling at you nicely while he/she shakes your hand."

-"LOL unless that plane is a X-35 Joint Strike Fighter flying over the Pakistan border on a spy and shoot mission, when the feckers below fire a SAM (Surface to Air Missile) at your ass!
    ...but thats another story... lol"

"-Thats there is about 200+ ways to kill a human without using an additional weapon/accessory/poison/etc."

"-One tip I tell my staff and people that hire me: if your ever in trouble in a bar/disco/cafe etc and all hell has broken out by flames, fights, gunfire, etc - follow the staff - not the crowd.
    You think that would be obvious but so many just follow the crowd and end up paying a price for it.

The staff will (or should if they are any frackin' good) know the quieter, sometimes unknown exit routes and escape passages."

"-If your hiring a security team to watch your back, GENUINELY get to know them.
    In this particular close personal protection situation, the more you know about them and their family, the more you will earn their thrust and efforts above and beyond.... (They with experience can smell a fake miles off).

If they see you care about them ("Hows the kids?" - "Need time off for the wife?" Ect...) as much as they are supposed to care for you, your 1000 times safer than the first day they started work for you."

"-I've done work on behalf of the government in areas people don't even know exist - the public have no idea at all about what's done in their name - no idea whatsoever.

"-Something like that. I get the jobs that sane folk would or should turn down.
    (I've seen a lot of stuff and some things I'd honestly like to forget - some stuff still haunts me.)"

What a complete and utter nonse!! Flat out reading spy novels and thinking he’s an expert !! A bit like his reading of ‘legal law books’ and being an expert !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Speaking of being an expert...

This gem while windbagging about bogus calls from Microsoft.

"I am an I.T. expert and triple well covered".

Not just an expert and well covered to deal with his own I.T. problems.
    This guy is TRIPLE well covered.

I respect that.

Some Nutjob in the comments suggested it was TD's that were making the calls!!!

Oh mercy!

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Speaking of being an expert...

This gem while windbagging about bogus calls from Microsoft.

"I am an I.T. expert and triple well covered".

Not just an expert and well covered to deal with his own I.T. problems.
    This guy is TRIPLE well covered.

I respect that.

This is the same IT expert that had to spend three days sorting out all the stuff that went wrong when he was ‘hacked’ and the same IT expert who thought a couple of unplugged cables (probably by one of his children) was the doing of Leo’s secret service ....

whippet wrote: »
    This is the same IT expert that had to spend three days sorting out all the stuff that went wrong when he was ‘hacked’ and the same IT expert who thought a couple of unplugged cables (probably by one of his children) was the doing of Leo’s secret service ....

IT "expertise" and weapon's grade paranoia are a dangerous mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Some more choice ones.

-"No matter what you tell people to do, they still do the opposite and get shot at and blown up.

They see the unclear and minute, yet they don't see the big signs coming right at them.

That a single AK47/48 can cause so much damage.

That everything is traceable. Everyone is buggable. No secret stays a secret for long.

The one that wants you dead more often that not, will also be the one smiling at you nicely while he/she shakes your hand."

-"LOL unless that plane is a X-35 Joint Strike Fighter flying over the Pakistan border on a spy and shoot mission, when the feckers below fire a SAM (Surface to Air Missile) at your ass!
    ...but thats another story... lol"

"-Thats there is about 200+ ways to kill a human without using an additional weapon/accessory/poison/etc."

"-One tip I tell my staff and people that hire me: if your ever in trouble in a bar/disco/cafe etc and all hell has broken out by flames, fights, gunfire, etc - follow the staff - not the crowd.
    You think that would be obvious but so many just follow the crowd and end up paying a price for it.

The staff will (or should if they are any frackin' good) know the quieter, sometimes unknown exit routes and escape passages."

"-If your hiring a security team to watch your back, GENUINELY get to know them.
    In this particular close personal protection situation, the more you know about them and their family, the more you will earn their thrust and efforts above and beyond.... (They with experience can smell a fake miles off).

If they see you care about them ("Hows the kids?" - "Need time off for the wife?" Ect...) as much as they are supposed to care for you, your 1000 times safer than the first day they started work for you."

"-I've done work on behalf of the government in areas people don't even know exist - the public have no idea at all about what's done in their name - no idea whatsoever.

"-Something like that. I get the jobs that sane folk would or should turn down.
    (I've seen a lot of stuff and some things I'd honestly like to forget - some stuff still haunts me.)"

bookmarking this to be leaked during the prime time debate for his presidential campaign

people that hire me

I think that species has become extinct
    (They with experience can smell a fake miles off).

lol
    I've done work on behalf of the government in areas people don't even know exist

Total walt.
    I get the jobs that sane folk would or should turn down.

Dunno about that, but he does turn down the jobs sane people would take up :)

"If you weren't there, you wouldn't understand, maaaan" *thousand yard stare*

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I've seen a lot of stuff and some things I'd honestly like to forget - some stuff still haunts me.

I've even seen.............*lowers voice*................ people being expected to work for a living :eek::eek::eek:

It's called JOB SEEKERS allowance for a reason Jeff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jeff working for the Government. Haha.

• Advertisement

If you liked that, you’ll love the “Cocky Lying Sales Rep” thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement