Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If you liked that, you’ll love the “Cocky Lying Sales Rep” thread.

Great thread. That RoundyMooney lad seemed like a right contrary bastard. Gave poor old Biggins a fierce going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

(I'm qualified also an I.T. engineer, programmer, I.T. teacher and graphic artist so I knew a little about them funny things that have CPU's in them and a little about the interwebby stuff) )

i keep finding new levels of cringe with this man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

eldamo wrote: »
    i keep finding new levels of cringe with this man

I don't know if it got deleted or not but the thread where he finally got banned was a clusterf*ck of quite epic proportions (must have a look later when I'm back on the laptop)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't know if it got deleted or not but the thread where he finally got banned was a clusterf*ck of quite epic proportions (must have a look later when I'm back on the laptop)

Ohnplease put a link up if you find it :D

Ohnplease put a link up if you find it :D

Clear your calendar for the next hour and get a very large coffee.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056949462/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79946714

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

That’s a true Boards classic thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Thsnk you so much :pac:

6 year old posts are getting a spate of new "thanks"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

eldamo wrote: »
    6 year old posts are getting a spate of new "thanks"

First post is about Ben Gilroy types getting locked up.

Six years later and (I think) Ben is in the slammer right now. :pac:

Some things never change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can anyone link to his posts where he claims to have been a secret service style bodyguard and lover of the stars?

I know some have given links to his previous posts about his bodyguard work and general action-man past, but with regards to "lover of the stars", he regularly mentioned how he's friends with many sci-fi show stars, particularly the stars of Firefly, Nathan Fillion in particular. Many of them were even at his wedding. He made that point a lot, these celebrities were at his wedding.
    Biggins wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks. Actually didn't know that - guess I'm not the nerd I thought I was lol.
    Next time we meet her, we will have to say it to her.
    We have met the cast of Firefly/Serenity a few times and now try to catch up with each other when we meet up again every so often.
    (They were at our wedding by the way- have the pics to prove it to.) :D
    I'm new to the boards here. Sorry I missed this event.

The wife and myself have met the cast of this film/tv series a few times.
    They have in fact become good friends over the years. Some of them were even at our wedding.

Nathan is one great bloke. Very, very funny off screen as well as on screen.
    We are hopefully meeting some of them again this year, fingers crossed.
    England.

Got to know them through work that I do. Known them now for a few years.

She and a few of the cast of Firefly/Serenity/Buffy/Angel/Star Trek as well as Mark Shepard/Robert Patrick/Kane/Armin Shimmerman and others were there for our wedding.
    (can PM you with our family website gallery section location if you wish)

Nice people. Summer Glau and in particular Nathan Fillion (one seriously nice funny guy) are so down to earth, its always great to meet them again.

Except... really... his wedding was just were the celebrities happened to be at that time
    Probably my own. Seriously.

Was during a 3 day television conference and a quite few heads that we knew from TV/film attended.
    It involved everyone spending a whole wedding day spending a full day and night in an amusement park.
    No long wedding speeches, no sit down traditional meals, no fuss over presents on the day.
    Just TV conference, wedding (including Buffy, Star Trek, Terminator, and Angel TV series characters to mention a few!), quick bite to eat for all, down to a massive amusement park, spend the day there, then went to a pub for a another quick meal and drink, back to the conference, back to the amusement park again, quick change of clothing and then to a disco with all involved with the conference and the wedding!
    Approx about 4,000 people partying away on our wedding night! :D

...And as far as the word back was from them, they all had a blast, a non-traditional wedding that was just real pure fun. :D

Stuff tradition and boring long wedding days!
    Your just getting old. Don't worry, your not on your own.
    I get bored to tears with the same old crap.
    I dislike weddings too. So much so that Wifey and I got married at a Sci-fi conference with stars as the guests, with monsters and lightsabers, etc. That was different and was something to talk about and remember.
    The traditional route for weddings bores us to tears and we avoid them and any talk about them like the plague. Such ramblings serve no purpose we have found other than for others to bitch about something, complain about various aspects, guests or family, etc. Thanks but no thanks.
    "Fusion" and a few I can't remember off the top of my head.

My wife and I decided to get married in Blackpool that weekend and we were attending it too.
    We took an hour off at the con to go away and get married then much to the surprise of many (lol) carried on with the con.
    They thought that it was so unusual for us to do (have our wedding at the con) that they came along to the wedding. We have met many of them since again in Blackpool, London and also when traveling abroad. Some stars were pregnant at the exact same time (and due at the same time too!) as my wife at one stage so due to that we "connected" even better and have more personal stuff to chat about.
    We still hear from them and we check up on each the now when we get the time.

4hfe34.jpg2qjc0eg.jpg

a44yfa.jpgmafqs5.jpg

jqgfbr.jpg

Wife pregnant (below) at the time in this when we met others.
    sc5dw6.jpg

So basically, the celebrities weren't at his wedding. They went from their wedding and got pictures taken with them at a convention where you literally pay and line up to get pictures taken with them.

Why don't they smile?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

some of this stuff is priceless - I wasn't aware of his Ruddness until I moved up this direction a few years back.

The whole biggins stuff is quality

On the salesman thread - did he say he bought his home ? Surely not ?

That photo of the lad with the huge fake head standing behind them has me laughing out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That photo of the lad with the huge fake head standing behind them has me laughing out loud.

I presume that's Nathan Fillion :D.

Funnily enough, no pictures (either here or his family website, which I won't link to as I'm not sure if that's crossing a line) from his actual wedding have any celebrities there. Only the pictures from the actual con where you pay to get your picture taken with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've a memory of him stating on boards that he was going to stand in the 2011 general election. He received loads of support and encouragement from the boardsies.

People got really thick with him then when he didn't follow through.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hah! He said that once Gerry Adams decided to stand in the Louth constituency it meant that Jeff no longer had a chance... what a gyp. Would've been a shoo-in otherwise.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Hah! He said that once Gerry Adams decided to stand in the Louth constituency it meant that Jeff no longer had a chance... what a gyp. Would've been a shoo-in otherwise.

what was his excuse when he polled dead last in the locals

whippet wrote: »
    what was his excuse when he polled dead last in the locals

That was comedy, even his running mate polled higher than him : https://electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2014L&cons=5044

Thaw was comedy, even his running mate polled higher than him : https://electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2014L&cons=5044

by Jeffs own reading of elections - he was rejected by 99.17% of the electorate .... and yet he keeps pretending to be a politician !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

A triple well covered expert in tin roofing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That wedding suit is pure Dunnes Stores trainee manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Moving on...

I see, with the locals looming in May, that the Rudd has embarked on posts bemoaning the literature that has begun dropping through his (landlord's) letterbox.
    At local level in the last week I have gained through my door, leaflets from Fianna Fail, Labour and more. At national level through social media, I have seen others from other locations popping up and introducing themselves...

...It's time to see the bigger picture. It's time for better.
    #Timeforbetter #UnitedPeople

I can't help but notice a subtext here-despite his recent legal law triumphs, speaking ever more further to Dail elected, and radio media interview appearance on 96FM, The Founder would appear not be putting his own name forward this time?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Founder would appear not be putting his own name forward this time?
    Jeff do some proper work? You're having a laugh!

Jeff do some proper work? You're having a laugh!

If he did get elected to the council .. what would his pay be? How would that affect his social welfare payments ? Would he be at a disadvantage ? Or would he actually have to do some work to get money from the state ?

whippet wrote: »
    If he did get elected to the council .. what would his pay be? How would that affect his social welfare payments ? Would he be at a disadvantage ? Or would he actually have to do some work to get money from the state ?

He literally couldn't afford to accept the job if elected.
    The system really is stacked against him.

It's a junior ministry or bust for old jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 16k council salary would allow you to claim FIS/WFP even with one kid, as well as the majority of other benefits - rent allowance, medical card and so on. No Christmas extra payment or fuel allowance though!

Anything above the 16k salary is expenses, even if it is actually possible to make a negligible "profit" on mileage if you do a fair bit - but you'd want to be appointed to a ETB board or something to get enough. Average payments to councillors are about 27k I think but you would entail significant motoring costs to be able to claim that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The Rudd is Gofundmeing again.

He needs money for many pole posters and radio space buy, apparently.

Predictably, most of his Facebook warriors have run for the hills at the mere mention of money, but someone must be contributing. €320 as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭blackwhite

UnitedPeople has not taken the step to automatic drain taxpayer money just because it also exists

Unlike its founder and leader then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Parties need to get 2% of the national vote in a General Election (and/or TDs or Senators) to get taxpayer funding - which they wouldn't get on a cold day in hell, but Renua did from their multiple known names (who all failed to get elected of course).

Does he think that parties can just ask for funding?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement