Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

meepins wrote: »
    Are you kidding? It's terrible.

Probably a lot easier because I was looking for seating rather than standing - which is where the demand is - but it was a 10 minute wait and they popped straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Got a couple of tickets for my niece - she'll be delighted. Probably helped that they were seating at Phoenix Park but I surprised how much Ticketmaster's site has improved.

Hello Ticketmaster, welcome to boards :D:):D (only joking)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, searching sit tight ****e too

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Got a couple of tickets for my niece - she'll be delighted. Probably helped that they were seating at Phoenix Park but I surprised how much Ticketmaster's site has improved.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HelloMuddha

Any point in remaining in the queue at this stage?

"Searching... sit tight" screen. Gonna have two very disappointed sisters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 anoneemuss

anna080 wrote: »
    Galway sold out both nights. Managed to get three.
    How do you know they're sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

He's managed to sell 320,000 tickets in a few minutes.
    Thats 27 million quid in a few mins (if tickets are 85 each).

Its impossible to sell tickets that quickly on the Ticketmaster.ie platform ,especially full capacity venues due to no presale.
    Ticketmaster are up to their usual tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

dixiefly wrote: »
    Same here, looking for my daughter and in a virtual queues which I was kicked out of and now in the ticket screen and searching for about 20 minutes:mad:

Its fugging crazy. I got three tickets for family (who are all still in bed)to see this fella at a total cost of 263 euro. Only in Ireland.

I bet its about half that in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Probably a lot easier because I was looking for seating rather than standing - which is where the demand is - but it was a 10 minute wait and they popped straight up.

In the queue since ten to and after multiple errors I'm searching for tickets that were probably sold out 15 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Nope, they're all gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They should let everyone apply then pick people out as a lottery. There would be no messing with queuing on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Stick with it- as people get their their tickets they leave the queue from their other 5 open browser windows... middle rows of Dublin seating came up just now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Yeah, I bet TM moved about 20-30% of them to Seatwave I'd say.
    Even though I said above that I got mine, I'm sickened at the way this whole set-up is gimping us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its impossible to sell tickets that quickly on the Ticketmaster.ie platform ,especially full capacity venues due to no presale.
    Ticketmaster are up to their usual tricks.

No, they are not. Their tout site is not selling tickets for these gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I just got tickets for galway. If your still in queue hang in there. Even if others are saying sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Aiken Promotions just tweeted saying there are still tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

OSI wrote: »
    Thanks for proving the measures implemented for these gigs don't work.

How do you figure genius? My hubbies brother in law got us our tickets using my hubbies CC and other details. Fair play to them for at least trying to stop the ridiculous reselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Looking for my son's birthday, it'd be a nice surprise. Queing on phone and laptop - crazy stuff. No luck on app althogh it does out you out if your misery qquicker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Took 40 minutes in the queuing system but I just got 3 standing for the Friday night in the Phoenix Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hespy

Was sitting in the queue for 35 minutes, just got 4 standing for the Saturday night in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

wondering the same, got to the select tickets stage 20 mins ago and still in the 'sit tight' stage, wondering should i just give up - but part of me still hopeful........just in case.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Missus just got 2 in Galway after waiting 42 minutes - don't give up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Peter File wrote: »
    No, they are not. Their tout site is not selling tickets for these gigs.

I meant they are not putting the full venue on sale and releasing tickets in stages to create demand for extra gigs.

The app was showing both Cork gigs as sold out at 9.04 ,which is frankly impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Just got 4 seated for Phoenix Park Friday - logged on and Q'ing since 8:30 and was about to give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

bunderoon wrote: »
    Its fugging crazy. I got three tickets for family (who are all still in bed)to see this fella at a total cost of 263 euro. Only in Ireland.

I bet its about half that in the UK.

That’s before you get gouged by the hotels too

Love that the hotel federation come out with such gems as “book early for best value”

Yeah hang on lads and let me book the hotel before I even go through the torture of TM to see if I actually got tickets

http://www.hotpress.com/Ed-Sheeran/news/Hotel-prices-increase-dramatically-in-preparation-for-Ed-Sheerans-2018-Irish-tour/20380487.html

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Just got 4 for Phoenix Park too after being in the q for ages.

If it says sit tight hold on just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just got two in Galway as well, definitely don't give up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When or where would we hear if there is a Saturday gig in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Been in queue now for nearly an hour on 3 different devices. Think hope is lost at this stage!

Advertisement