Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Anybody else walk to the concert from Ballyfermot? Do I really have to come in from entrance near Hueston station. I'm new in the area and I need to enter via yellow entrance. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

so take a load of drivers off their shifts, and pay them overtime, and divert buses from their regular routes.

magic up a load of trains to sit there waiting for concert attendees, blocking up the 2 lines that are being used by people who aren't attending the concert and stopping them from going where they need to be, along with taking drivers off their shifts and paying overtime.

and a park and ride system....er somewhere other than existing ones, for the purposes of a few nights of the year.

nice and easy so.

maybe people could stop being such pathetic precious cnuts about some walking. pre-book a taxi or arrange a lift if they're physically unable.

Concerts finish when most public transport vehicles are back in their depot so the buses used for concerts are not taken off their ordinary route they are surplus buses that are owned by the bus company, they can't use NTA buses for private hire, and all the drivers are volunteers. Similar with trains and they should be kept in sidings while waiting.

Every concert has massive advertising to use public transport and the majority of people do. So if public transport drops 50k people to an area it should be illegal for it not to collect then. Taxis can only take 4, some 8, people so aren't really a solution to take 50k people away after they arrived by bus/tram/train.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

You should get in. The only scanned tickets and didn't look for ID or credit cards

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

TheIrishPC wrote: »
    Reading comments, and wondering if it is worth going in the end. My girlfriend has an exam and won't finish until 8.30pm in DIT Kevin Street. Our plan was to get a taxi as close as we could to the venue and hopefully only miss at most 30 minutes. But comments saying it's a 40 minute walk once there and a 10.30pm finish. Is it worth it? Either way, we'll be going, but it sounds like we'll be left frustrated tomorrow.

Get a taxi to the Half Way House on Navan - it is only about 15 minutes walk from there into the venue. Taxi should fly out at 8:30 as the crowd should already be in. I'd imagine you'd be in by 9:15 or sooner all going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 goodnessme

Need some advice. I’m due to head along tomorrow with my pregnant partner and two small kids. We have general admission tickets (had thought they were seated) :(

Is the standing doable for someone who is heavily pregnant? :(

The tickets are confusing and they seem to say we’re in a block (G52) but our entry zone is Yellow and that is standing by all accounts of info online.

If not what are my chances of sourcing 4 seated tickets before tomorrow? (Not looking to buy or sell or anything here btw)

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ring ticketmaster and see if they will change them for you to seated.
    If you say your OH is pregnant and can't stand you might get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The days of pre-booking taxis are long gone. What happens is they take your booking but only radio it out closer to the time.
    What can happen is taxis pull up beside people, or people pull them over, taximan asks "are you john murphy" and they say yeah and hop in and steal it. Happened with hailo and now mytaxi.

Trick is to say your name is Zeus Winterbottom. So when the taximan asks "here, buddy, are you Zeus Winterbottom?" they are less likely to say yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Any information if there was any improvements at last nights gig re crowd fitting in main area in front of stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Got the train from Connolly to Ashtown and back again after the gig. Absolutely smooth sailing and a great setup. Definitely the way to go to avoid the long walk and hoardes of people scrambling for the LUAS/Taxis.

Was in the stands last night, but from what I could see of the general standing section, it looked to be well controlled and people flowing in and out in good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Heading up from the west ,is it better to go park at castleknock and go in the park that direction ? where is there good 24hr parking in castleknock?

Any better advice on how to go to and from concert accepted

Will be heading up nice and early

Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

dibs101 wrote: »
    Any information if there was any improvements at last nights gig re crowd fitting in main area in front of stage?

Was up last night, it certainly looked from my perspective to have been a lot smoother sailing.

Got there about ten minutes before Jamie Lawson went on, it was easy enough to negotiate the crowds. We got quite lucky as we were standing against the railings on the right hand side beside the "pit" entrance and before Anne Marie came on a fella from Aiken Promotions came out with a few black wristbands-it was far nicer to be standing with your back to a railing as opposed to being pushed against one. Took about 2 hours from the time Ed finished to get back to the Red Cow, although we weren't rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

We were in standing area and there was no issues. Couldn’t see Ed as we chose to stay towards the back but could see the stage and the screens either side of it.

Was a great concert. Anne Marie was amazing I’d pay to see her on her own tour. Ed was also amazing.

There’s plenty of food and drink stalls. Also if your drinking hophouse you don’t have to go to the bars. They are walking around with cooler bags of it selling in the crowds. Any other drink you need to go to stalls to buy.

Was annoying having to que twice as they don’t sell soft drinks at bar! Had to que once for my drink they a second time for daughters!!!

As per usual they keep the lids from bottles. So my advice have a few spare lids in your bag or pocket ;)

If tonight’s crowd is anything like last night I’d advise staying back to the edges with small kids. Some real idiot drunkin twats where we were. One dope even dropped his trousers thought he was being hilarious. They were so bad we moved back even further.

Last thing I’d say to anyone heading tonight is bring tissue..... there was none left in portaloos when I arrived at 6. The toilets were spotless and not bad to use just glad I had a pack of hankies in my bag!

Enjoy all it’s a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Seres wrote: »
    Heading up from the west ,is it better to go park at castleknock and go in the park that direction ? where is there good 24hr parking in castleknock?

Any better advice on how to go to and from concert accepted

Will be heading up nice and early

Sarah

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107002000#post107002000 not exactly 24Hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

your a star thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bigbarginhunter

I was at the gig last night, amazing showðŸ˜
    Brought my 13 year old & her friend & the wife, we all had a great night got wristbands for the pit.
    My advice if you’re going with kids tonight is that it was getting messy with underage drunks who were being served inside the venue.
    At one stage one of the drink sellers asked my daughter did she want wine!!!!
    Reported this to the stuarts but nothing done!!!
    Overall a brilliant night, get there early. all the line up was brilliant but Ed is the Man
    Enjoy tonight

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

iHungry wrote: »
    Anybody else walk to the concert from Ballyfermot? Do I really have to come in from entrance near Hueston station. I'm new in the area and I need to enter via yellow entrance. Thanks

Go in via the gate at Chapelizod village. It's a hidden gate, but save should about 45 minutes walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bigbarginhunter

antodeco wrote: »
    Go in via the gate at Chapelizod village. It's a hidden gate, but save should about 45 minutes walk!

We got a taxi from Ballyfermot to Castleknock gate then about 15 minutes walk, traffic was light last night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was at the gig last night, amazing show
    Brought my 13 year old & her friend & the wife, we all had a great night got wristbands for the pit.
    My advice if you’re going with kids tonight is that it was getting messy with underage drunks who were being served inside the venue.
    At one stage one of the drink sellers asked my daughter did she want wine!!!!
    Reported this to the stuarts but nothing done!!!
    Overall a brilliant night, get there early. all the line up was brilliant but Ed is the Man
    Enjoy tonight

So a Scottish crowd doing the security. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

So a Scottish crowd doing the security. :pac:

Bar stewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

I live beside the park so headed up last night on my bike. Was surprised at how close to the gig I could get on the main road, chesterfield avenue.
    Could hear everything and from where I was standing I could clearly see one of the screens, loads of people were on the road watching/listening.
    Mad seeing so many people still arriving so late in to the gig and then just as it seemed the last late person had arrived there was people leaving the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Charlie wrote: »
    Got the train from Connolly to Ashtown and back again after the gig. Absolutely smooth sailing and a great setup. Definitely the way to go to avoid the long walk and hoardes of people scrambling for the LUAS/Taxis.

Was in the stands last night, but from what I could see of the general standing section, it looked to be well controlled and people flowing in and out in good time.

Coming from Naas we drove to Maynooth then got the Connolly Express that stopped in Ashtown, took no more than 10 mins.

Walked to the Halfway house & into the gig in about 15 mins.

Took about 20 mins to get back to train after gig, even got a seat.
    Only whinge is that it wasn't express & stopped everywhere on the way back to maynooth.

Anyway, we were back in the car at 11:30pm.

The only way to go in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just days after Ed Sheeran began enforcing a controversial campaign to cancel tickets purchased through resale site Viagogo, the "Shape of You" singer's manager Stuart Camp and promoter Stuart Galbraith with Kilimanjaro Live have acknowledged working with a professional ticket reseller to move tickets for past tours, including Sheeran’s 2015 European tour.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8458093/ed-sheeran-crackdown-scalpers-manager-acknowledges-selling-brokers-2015?utm_source=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Viagogo suing Sheerans promoter now for fraud

DmPspdOXoAAvG9a.jpg

Advertisement