Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

com7 wrote: »
    well ed is down 3 teenagers going now because i m not prepared to spend 270 euro and hope they will be left in ................this is going to cost them and it s a stupid idea If they clarified it i might reconsider why should i have to buy a ticket to a concert i do nt want to go to :mad:

Oh no he'll be so upset! 100's of thousands of tickets will be sold!

In all seriousness thoigh.. credit card entry and/or ID checks are needed in modern gig days to stop touting..

It's an inconvienince fine,
    But it's better than 1000's of people in the morning saying ticketmaster as scamming people..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder why they are all on sale at 9am, that is thousands of tickets and even the dogs on the street know TMs site can supposedly not handle that amount of traffic.

At least it will give some people a chance to get them for their area, as I expect some would go to all 7 if they could, or many would at least go to mulitples.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

What happens if you want to get 2 standing and 2 sitting and the Cardholder is in Sitting? I presume there will be different entrances for standing and sitting

cardholder queues with 2 standing persons, shows ID at standing entrance to get them in, turns around and walks in with the other seating person at the seating entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

the 3 of them are 16 .... so that s another problem even if they were over 18 would it be worth it if they were refused then on the day ??

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Info from Ed Sheeran about gigs

And from Ticketmaster:
    To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.
    >Under 18's MUST be accompanied by an Adult 18+.
    Parents with smaller children are strongly advised to book seats.
    All prices listed exclude fees and charges.

Ticketmaster have posted an update here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    I wonder why they are all on sale at 9am, that is thousands of tickets and even the dogs on the street know TMs site can supposedly not handle that amount of traffic.

At least it will give some people a chance to get them for their area, as I expect some would go to all 7 if they could, or many would at least go to mulitples.

Good point actually ,its pure nonsense.
    This 9am sale time is a relic from the pre internet days ,there is no need for tickets to go onsale at such an early hour on a Saturday .

Its all a cynical ploy to create hype and to panic people into buying any old crap that Ticketmaster throws at that .
    Nice guy Ed and his manager are pure rogues.

com7 wrote: »
    the 3 of them are 16 .... so that s another problem even if they were over 18 would it be worth it if they were refused then on the day ??

Well with the updated information, they would only need your card or a copy of it with them (once the family name matches) however since they're under 18 they need an adult.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good point actually ,its pure nonsense.
    Not only are the 7 Irish gigs on sale at 9 ,the UK ones are on sale at the same time too.

UK tickets are 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They have to be on sale at the same time otherwise it would be chaos with people buying for the show on sale at 9am in case the show on sale at 10am which is in their home city sells out.

Ticketmasters systems are crap but staggering on sale times would be counterproductive.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

4x DE on sale tomorrow at 11am local (10am Irish) time:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]19.07.2018 Berlin – Olympiastadion
    22.07.2018 Mülheim – Flughafen Essen/Mülheim
    25.07.2018 Hamburg – Trabrennbahn Bahrenfeld
    29.07.2018 München – Olympiastadion
    [/FONT]

• Advertisement

They have to be on sale at the same time otherwise it would be chaos with people buying for the show on sale at 9am in case the show on sale at 10am which is in their home city sells out.

Ticketmasters systems are crap but staggering on sale times would be counterproductive.

They stagger the times in Australia , starting around 11am and moving through the afternoon.
    Its a much better system .
    This 9am nonsense has to go ,people want to have a lie in on a Saturday,instead of sitting at their pc all morning trying to get tickets .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

They stagger the times in Australia , starting around 11am and moving through the afternoon.
    That's only because of the different timezones

That's only because of the different timezones

Nope ,its not .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This 9am nonsense has to go ,people want to have a lie in on a Saturday,instead of sitting at their pc all morning trying to get tickets .

Plus if you're working Saturday morning, odds are you start at 9am. Dunno why it can't be 10am or 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I think TM have the servers to handle this. I can't remember the last time their website crashed. Yeah, maybe tough to get tickets but that's just because of the amount of people.

My advice (I won't be trying myself), is to have your laptop/pc ready to go and have the app on your phone too. I've gotten tickets though the app where there was nothing left on desktop website.

Make sure you're logged in and credit card details (name, address, expiry date etc.) are up to date. Log in tonight to make sure you know the password, if not, reset it. Also log in on app in advance.

Now this bit is just what I have done and it's worked. I'm not saying you should do it because I don't want the blame if it doesn't work. I've bought tickets for 2 shows recently and when watching the countdown, let it get to 0 and nothing happened so I had to refresh the page, so I'd say refresh when it hits zero. On the app have the screen that's before you buy tickets on your screen, where it shows the list of venues. Click on the specific show as soon as the countdown on the website hits 0 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

I had been hoping to get seated tickets for one of the venus, but I'm not impressed with the seating arrangements for any of the venues (with the exception of Cork, but this is too far away for me).

Are the standing areas likely to be mayhem? I ask this because the last concert I was at had a pit (which was by no menas overcrowded) and then a general standing area, so this kind of helped to avoid a masive crush of people to the front. The Ed Sheeran layouts look like just general standing areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Jenmckm wrote: »
    I had been hoping to get seated tickets for one of the venus, but I'm not impressed with the seating arrangements for any of the venues (with the exception of Cork, but this is too far away for me).

Are the standing areas likely to be mayhem? I ask this because the last concert I was at had a pit (which was by no menas overcrowded) and then a general standing area, so this kind of helped to avoid a masive crush of people to the front. The Ed Sheeran layouts look like just general standing areas.

Standing would be better as you can move around. You could stand further back or to the side if you don't like it too crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Jenmckm wrote: »

Really difficult to call. I was at Walking on Cars two weeks ago. Really nice crowd. I got near the front without needing to queue.
    I went to the Coronas last week. Same venue. Crowd in the section we were in were awful. Drunk teens galore. One decided he'd just go toilet right there. That put me off trying for Ed standing tickets.
    But! The seating in general looks like an awful set up for the Irish tour

Its worth bearing in mind that tomorrows gigs will be added to.
    Looking at Eds schedule its almost guaranteed that he will add a third Dublin gig on the Saturday night.
    His gigs in Glasgow,Manchester,Newcastle and Cardiff are all on Friday nights so its highly likely he will add gigs on the Saturday nights.
    London will probably add the Sunday night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Its worth bearing in mind that tomorrows gigs will be added to.
    Looking at Eds schedule its almost guaranteed that he will add a third Dublin gig on the Saturday night.
    His gigs in Glasgow,Manchester,Newcastle and Cardiff are all on Friday nights so its highly likely he will add gigs on the Saturday nights.
    London will probably add the Sunday night too.
    Yep his manager hinted at this for London on Twitter

• Advertisement

Huge queue of kids queuing in tallaght last night at 11pm, had been there since 7am apparently. Came all the way out of the square and onto the road

Madness.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Yep his manager hinted at this for London on Twitter

He as good as said the new shows will be added for the venues that sell out, but there'll be no new locations. I imagine Thursday night will be added too for Dublin, never usually see Ed Sheeran have gaps between nights in the same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Muir wrote: »

And from Ticketmaster:
    To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.

Sorry for the stupid question but does the ID have to reflect the family name of the cardholder or the concert goer?

I live abroad and want to buy two tickets as a gift. I could easily send a photocopy of my credit card but I'm sure how I'd get around the rest :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I read that as a photocopy of credit card and a photocopy of the ID.

My problem is i am buying for my married sister and niece whose surname is different to mine due to marriage so ID is not much good to us

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Hasmunch wrote: »
    I read that as a photocopy of credit card and a photocopy of the ID.

My problem is i am buying for my married sister and niece whose surname is different to mine due to marraige so ID is not much good to us

Same as.. My aunt is a big fan and her surname is different to mine. I really don't know what to do.

Sorry for the stupid question but does the ID have to reflect the family name of the cardholder or the concert goer?

I live abroad and want to buy two tickets as a gift. I could easily send a photocopy of my credit card but I'm sure how I'd get around the rest :confused:

I think it's the card/copy of the card and ID that reflects the family name on the card - don't think the ID has to actually belong to a person attending. It's on the Ticketmaster blog here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

The virtual queue has already started

Muir wrote: »
    I think it's the card/copy of the card and ID that reflects the family name on the card - don't think the ID has to actually belong to a person attending. It's on the Ticketmaster blog here.

It's not the clearest, maybe quickly tweet Ticketmaster to check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

You can't buy tickets for anyone unless they have your family name....what an absolute rubbish, rubbish clusterfck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

shocksy wrote: »
    The virtual queue has already started

Yep I'm on a virtual queue. Probably I'll look at this screen for the next 30 minutes, then I'll get in thinking 'brilliant I'm in' only for it then to tell me it's sold out! 😀

Advertisement