Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Homer Simpson type question... I want to buy 2 tickets for a gift for somebody.

If I buy them, give her my credit card and confirmation slip to get her into the concert ? Will that work ?

I know they "say " the id check will be enforced and never really is, just don't want A, to be landed with 2 ed sheeran tickets I don't want and B, don't want to let her down on the birthday present.

I wont be going, but want to make sure the person I buy the 2 tickets for gets in to the concert.

Ticketmaster have said you can't buy tickets as presents unless you'll be attending too - they have that & answers to some other questions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HelloMuddha

Was hoping to buy two tickets for my sisters as a present. Anyone any experience of buying tickets with a ticketmaster voucher? Would that be one way around this ID checks etc?

-Buy gift card in their name
    -Use gift card to purchase ticket
    -Tickets arrive with their name on it

Being honest, this seems completely unenforceable given they don't have the ticket resale facilities etc that other events with such tight ID checks have.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hjsimpson

Just suppose a dad who bought the tickets for his daughters went to the entrance with his credit card and receipt would that get the girls in ? dad could then drive far away out of earshot until it was all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

hjsimpson wrote: »
    Just suppose a dad who bought the tickets for his daughters went to the entrance with his credit card and receipt would that get the girls in ? dad could then drive far away out of earshot until it was all over?

And ID, but yes.
    He would need to que with them, but that should work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bennyl10 wrote: »
    And ID, but yes.
    He would need to que with them, but that should work!

If they under 18 though wherein they must be accompanied by an adult it won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

So, I have no intention of going to Thai concert, but I have 2 nieces who will be 18 next year and they love the guy.... perfect bday pressies... but is it impossible for them to go ?
    Sorry, it's been a long dayand I can't think straight

Erik Shin wrote: »
    So, I have no intention of going to Thai concert, but I have 2 nieces who will be 18 next year and they love the guy.... perfect bday pressies... but is it impossible for them to go ?
    Sorry, it's been a long dayand I can't think straight

Does one of them own a debit card they could book tickets on? Or else find out if you could use a prepaid mastercard or ticketmaster voucher to buy the tickets. Even if you buy them in person with cash you need your ID and your name goes on them.

Muir wrote: »
    Does one of them own a debit card they could book tickets on? Or else find out if you could use a prepaid mastercard or ticketmaster voucher to buy the tickets. Even if you buy them in person with cash you need your ID and your name goes on them.

Ok, it was supposed to be a surprise for them...otherwise I buy a third and go with them ....sweet baby Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hjsimpson

If they under 18 though wherein they must be accompanied by an adult it won't work.

I feel a plan coming together..... one is 19 and the other 16 . The important thing is I won't have to listen to him , no offence Ed

Ok, it was supposed to be a surprise for them...otherwise I buy a third and go with them ....sweet baby Jesus

I'd say maybe if you could use a Ticketmaster voucher or prepaid card online and buy in one of their names, I'd check with Ticketmaster on Twitter first to make sure though.

• Advertisement

hjsimpson wrote: »
    I feel a plan coming together..... one is 19 and the other 16 . The important thing is I won't have to listen to him , no offence Ed

Ya could be sorted so :D

Can't blame ya would do me nut in meself ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

In reality there wont be any ID checks ,there never are at any large scale events,it's all just a PR stunt by Sheeran to maintain the facade that he is combating touting .

Adele's concerts at Wembley were supposed to have similar ID checks ,there were none though.
    Paramore's concert last month in the Olympia ,similar ID restrictions,no ID's checked .

Most tickets for the Irish concerts will be E-Tickets ,you can change the name on them with any basic pdf editor .

Ed wants his cake and wants to eat it too .
    He wants to put his tickets on sale almost a year ahead of the concerts ,so he can sit on the money yet dictate ridiculous terms to his fans.
    Tell you what Ed put your tickets on sale a few months in advance of the gigs and have credit card entry ,that way you will stop the touts ,instead of this nonsense.

Zardoz wrote: »

Adele's concerts at Wembley were supposed to have similar ID checks ,there were none though.
    Paramore's concert last month in the Olympia ,similar ID restrictions,no ID's checked

May be down to the venue caught Paramore at the RAH and it was implemented there saw people being turned away and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Unfortunately, as much as this approach hasn't been enforced before (as threatened at many gigs I've been to), at some stage it will be enforced.

And if they do enforce it and you or someone you buy for gets refused because of it, you only have yourself to blame. Taking the chance that the published restrictions won't be enforced is a total gamble.

I'm not saying it's fair, I'm just saying that the restrictions are there. The Q&A specifically says that tickets cannot be purchased as gifts, I've never seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

There's absolutely no way it'll be enforced at a large scale event like this. It just won't happen.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    There's absolutely no way it'll be enforced at a large scale event like this. It just won't happen.

You can't categorically say that it won't happen. Sure I think the likelihood is that it would take too much manpower to enforce and more likely than not it won't happen, but I still wouldn't take the chance.

For anyone saying that it definitely wont happen, would you be willing to refund anyone who was refused entry by taking your advice? No one here can guarantee it wont be enforced, and it's not fair to tell people it wont be and for them to listen and potentially be out hundreds of euro.

Eds manager on Twitter has just said that the card holder needing to be in attendance is not the case, but you'll need to being the card used to book or a copy of the card to gain entry. I think there are FAQs to come this morning, but that should mean buying as presents wont be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Ticketmaster have said over the last couple of days that you cannot buy tickets as presents unless youbare going yourself. It's a huge gamble to buy tickets for someone else and hope they won't enforce the rules. Especially for the first 2 concerts in cork. Eds manager may say a card is sufficient on Twitter but ticketmaster are saying the person with ID must be there.

canireally wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have said over the last couple of days that you cannot buy tickets as presents unless youbare going yourself. It's a huge gamble to buy tickets for someone else and hope they won't enforce the rules. Especially for the first 2 concerts in cork. Eds manager may say a card is sufficient on Twitter but ticketmaster are saying the person with ID must be there.

I know, I asked him and he said Ticketmaster should have changed that information by now. I've already said myself it's not good to tell people to chance it when they could end up out a lot of money. Eds manager is usually the best source of information on this stuff though, so worth checking back on the FAQs later for anyone wanting to buy as presents.

• Advertisement

Jesus that's horrific, makes no sense and will end up an unadulterated clusterfck

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Muir wrote: »
    Ticketmaster have said you can't buy tickets as presents unless you'll be attending too - they have that & answers to some other questions here.

Does anyone have a link to these ticketmaster rules?
    That link isn't working for me and all i can find is news articles referring to the ticketmaster guidelines but cannot find them myself.

Hasmunch wrote: »
    That link isn't working for me and all i can find is news articles referring to the ticketmaster guidelines but cannot find them myself.

Just checked the link and they've deleted the FAQs they had up, I'm assuming that's because they're being changed. More information is to be released this afternoon so I'll post up the link when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

well ed is down 3 teenagers going now because i m not prepared to spend 270 euro and hope they will be left in ................this is going to cost them and it s a stupid idea If they clarified it i might reconsider why should i have to buy a ticket to a concert i do nt want to go to :mad:

com7 wrote: »
    well ed is down 3 teenagers going now because i m not prepared to spend 270 euro and hope they will be left in ................this is going to cost them and it s a stupid idea If they clarified it i might reconsider why should i have to buy a ticket to a concert i do nt want to go to :mad:

Are any of them over 18? Sounds like they will be fine with either bringing your card or a copy of it, but at least one of them will need to be over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

People queuing up for tickets already in Cork ,passed them on my lunchbreak.
    Absolute madness.
    There will be mountains of tickets going for less than cost price the week of the gigs .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    People queuing up for tickets already in Cork ,passed them on my lunchbreak.
    some since 11am wednesday, yes -WEDNESDAY

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-fans-already-queuing-for-Ed-Sheeran-tickets-70-hours-before-they-go-on-sale-6bc7556a-5070-4f5f-a394-b08e6df534d9-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Hasmunch wrote: »

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jUtgFTMSbVwJ:blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/ed-sheeran-irish-2018-tour-faqs-7095+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What happens if you want to get 2 standing and 2 sitting and the Cardholder is in Sitting? I presume there will be different entrances for standing and sitting

• Advertisement

What happens if you want to get 2 standing and 2 sitting and the Cardholder is in Sitting? I presume there will be different entrances for standing and sitting

Two different transactions and possibly two separate entrances depending on the venue. Under the current restrictions if it's separate entrances which is likely, one couple wouldn't get in.

Advertisement