Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Still tickets available for dublin on the friday. Just got 2 there with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Looks like there may have been issues earlier alright. I got in twice to get 5 tickets for family for Friday in Cork. Good luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Beat me with a stick if you will! :)

I bought two tickets for the Galway concert this morning for my sister and her daughter and have been told I have to use one and be there as a result of the anti-touts ruling.

Is there anyway to get around this does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 somewherenear

I have tickets for the pitch in galway and so do my friends but they seem to be numbered like seated tickets. Did anybody else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

I have tickets for the pitch in galway and so do my friends but they seem to be numbered like seated tickets. Did anybody else notice this?

yep, phoenix park has GA1 and GA2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Standing tickets always have a number assigned to them, it's just for administrative purposes.

Bulmers wrote: »
    yep, phoenix park has GA1 and GA2

If they are standing how can they do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

Just now managed to get 4 for Wed in Dublin.
    Wasted two hours of my day this morning in a virtual queue.
    Seems this anti tout system might work.

ceegee wrote: »
    Standing tickets always have a number assigned to them, it's just for administrative purposes.

OK brilliant thanks I was getting worried there.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Been on since 10 this morning, still have none, website is bollox

• Advertisement

Been on since 10 this morning, still have none, website is bollox

Where are you trying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Amazing how many tickets are actually there for the taking when they touts are incapacitated.
    Seems like everyone who wanted tickets managed to get them- they way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

If they are standing how can they do this?

Just had a look for tickets there and ga1 specifies entry via yellow route, presuming GA2 is a separate route and they've split them into 2 entrances to avoid congestion on the way in, will be the same area once you're inside

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

MelachiT wrote:
    Where are you trying for?

Dublin on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

anna080 wrote: »
    Amazing how many tickets are actually there for the taking when they touts are incapacitated.
    Seems like everyone who wanted tickets managed to get them- they way it should be.

Touts would only buy a small percentage of a stadium gig ,less than 2% on average,they wouldn't make a dent in the market.

There are loads of tickets because he is playing 7 concerts.
    I'd like to ask someone in Ticketmaster,Aiken and Sheeran's management why it was saying there were sweet fa tickets all morning for Cork and now there are loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

anna080 wrote:
    Amazing how many tickets are actually there for the taking when they touts are incapacitated. Seems like everyone who wanted tickets managed to get them- they way it should be.

Or maybe 7 gigs is more than enough supply for ed sheeran fans. Aiken saying tickets still available for cork, Galway and Dublin. None are announced as sold out as far as I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Just got 2 standing for Friday in Dublin, I'd say there a a few left as I had cancelled it a few times by accident and was still able to go back and get them.

Quick question, do I need to go, or can I ship my wife and one of her friends off for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's actually pretty annoying. Queued for ages this morning and got ****ty seats way away from stage but bought them as seemed like nothing else was coming up and now go in and offered much better seats straight away with no queuing. Such a sh1te system. Surely you should sell the better seats to the earlier customers

hairyslug wrote: »
    Just got 2 standing for Friday in Dublin, I'd say there a a few left as I had cancelled it a few times by accident and was still able to go back and get them.

Quick question, do I need to go, or can I ship my wife and one of her friends off for the night

If your name is on the tickets you have to go as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

titan18 wrote: »
    It's actually pretty annoying. Queued for ages this morning and got ****ty seats way away from stage but bought them as seemed like nothing else was coming up and now go in and offered much better seats straight away with no queuing. Such a sh1te system

That's how Ticketmaster work I'm afraid ,create a false panic and sell the crap seats first .
    In the US you can upgrade your tickets if better seats become available ,a nice feature,no such luck in Ireland though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I logged back on there looking for seated, doesn't seem to be any left but there is still standing available on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Does anyone know if there will be an official re-selling route for these tickets? I bought dublin (out of desperaton after a couple of hours waiting in virtual queue for galway), but would have preferred galway. Was afraid to buy a 2nd set when the galway tickets finally came up, in case I couldn't re-sell the first set

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Jenmckm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be an official re-selling route for these tickets? I bought dublin (out of desperaton after a couple of hours waiting in virtual queue for galway), but would have preferred galway. Was afraid to buy a 2nd set when the galway tickets finally came up, in case I couldn't re-sell the first set
    Just got Galway now, after missing most of the Lions game this morning, what are they up to ....:eek:

Dublin on the Friday

I've just tried again and was offered 2 standing for Friday.
    Shut down your browers and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,600 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ceegee wrote: »
    Just had a look for tickets there and ga1 specifies entry via yellow route, presuming GA2 is a separate route and they've split them into 2 entrances to avoid congestion on the way in, will be the same area once you're inside

These are just allocation codes, they've nothing to do with entrance routes or standing areas. It just means general admission. It's the same for most gigs with large standing zones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Managed to get two for the Saturday in galway earlier today after about an hour.

Had 5-6 browser windows open, two phones and an ipad...all connected to wifi.

Managed to get the two tickets on 1 of the phones when i was using 4g....weird!

Got em anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Jenmckm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be an official re-selling route for these tickets?

There was an announcement that he was partnering with Twickets who are similar to ourselves at Toutless but they charge fees for their service and also appear to be UK only. My belief is the tickets would be officially reissued with the new name on them. We were never approached on offering an equivalent for Ireland and as such have no way of changing names on tickets and can't allow sales for this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just so I'm clear on this, is it a requirement to bring a confirmation slip to the venue as well as tix, card and ID? It was included earlier but I can't see where it says the bit about confirmation email any longer. Thanks.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I was online this morning trying to get tickets and couldn't get them. Just logged onto Ticketmaster on my phone and got standing tickets for Friday night in Dublin. Messed up or what!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Did they bother putting the names on the tickets in-store or just throw the tickets out? I imagine it was mayhem at 9am

Advertisement