Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

titan18 wrote: »
    Got 2 for Friday in Dublin, no hassle...

...except I was buying them for the OH and her sister. New rules looks like I will have to go...maybe I will bring her sister.

Don't you just have to give them your card?

I think you need confirmation email and id too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Got 2 for Friday in Dublin, no hassle...

...except I was buying them for the OH and her sister. New rules looks like I will have to go...maybe I will bring her sister.

Don't you just have to give them your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, just looking and says purchasing card or a photo of it, and ID to reflect family name. I'd be rather surprised if it's actually checked though. Bought on my card for parents so hoping once they have my card and ID with the same surname, that's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Ya, just looking and says purchasing card or a photo of it, and ID to reflect family name. I'd be rather surprised if it's actually checked though. Bought on my card for parents so hoping once they have my card and ID with the same surname, that's fine

Cant imagine it being enforced on the night ,but hopefully will put enough doubt in peoples mind to reduce touting esp online.
    Although if you say you are doing it , then dont have some level of enforcement , then its just going to be ignored next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    those dogs were right...

An hour apart?! They should have sold them days or weeks apart, the gig is not till next year. People would then be able to contact friends and see if they got sorted and then carefully decide what alternative gig they should consider -rather than this panic buying that goes on.

They should be on sale at 1pm or so, especially on a saturday. They deliberately set out to disrupt people and have them waste hours of their valuable time, no respect or consideration at all, more like contempt. And you could be sure the artists could have say in this if they wanted.

I wonder what sort of value could be put on this, like how economists will put monetary values on the impact of say traffic jams and the cost of peoples time.

If you had your own choice of time to buy a ticket online today, and were not going to have to be in a "virtual queue" for an hour or 2, what extra would you have paid?

I agree with all that but Ticketmaster and the artist want to create panic among people to buy what ever Ticketmaster throws at them and Ticketmaster generally sell the worst seats first.

Sheeran has saturated the market in the UK and Ireland ,people will be giving away tickets next May ,they will be worth buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

If anyone hasn't gotten tickets yet, his manager said there'll be updates in half an hour when they get figures in.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

I've queued since early this morning and gave up multiple times. I saw people saying they decided last minute to go and got them after two minutes so I tried again and got them after couple of minutes myself just there. The website is an absolute joke. Feel terrible for people who are missing out because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Was trying since 8:50 gave up at 11:00.

Drove into town and gave it one last go on my phone while in the local hardware store.

Got 2 tickets for 5th in Cork at 11:35 on the APP.

Keep trying people!

I'm on my way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Literally just got 4 standing for Wednesday in Dublin. Had given up completely but started over and got 4, think girlfriend would prefer seated but better then nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

meepins wrote: »
    I've queued since early this morning and gave up multiple times. I saw people saying they decided last minute to go and got them after two minutes so I tried again and got them after couple of minutes myself just there. The website is an absolute joke. Feel terrible for people who are missing out because of it.

The website is garbage .
    I think they have a better system in the Uk where alot of different ticket sellers like Ticketmaster,Eventim,AXS,See Tickets etc all get an allocation so the traffic is distributed .
    Here all the traffic is going to one crumby site that hasnt a hope of being able to manage the load.
    Anyway I finally got 2 tickets for Cork for she who must be obeyed so I'm off to Coldplay .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just got 2 standing tickets for the Sunday night in Galway through the website, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

OSI wrote: »
    Thanks for proving the measures implemented for these gigs don't work.

I booked on my computer with his card in his name. Thanks for proving you don't have to have the facts before you make a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Gave up trying to get tickets for my wife after 10am. Tried again there 5 minutes ago and got in no problem. I was maybe waiting 1 minute. This was for Saturday Cork x 3 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He was incredibly average at Glastonbury. This seems like a fairly cynical money grab by Ed and his management to me. He knows he'll be old news by this time next year so he's making hay while the sun shines. I don't understand why so many people were queueing for days when there'll be loads of tickets available in the weeks leading up to the gig just like there always for stadium gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Anyone who wants to swap 2 standing for 2 seared give me a pm. We could meet outside so id wouldn't be an issue.

Or too early to arrange something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 willyou

Pitch standing still available in cork on both nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭beer enigma

willyou wrote: »
    Pitch standing still available in cork on both nights.

Yep, literally just offered 4 standing for Cork on Saturday night which is no good for me, so released back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Gave up after sitting tight for 3 hours.
    Went back in and got 2 for cork(Saturday) within minutes.

Don't bother waiting folks, close out and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭jacool

hi all, its accepting orders for 2, requests for 4 were just left hanging.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

just tried again there and got two tickets for the Wednesday in Phoenix park with probably a 10 second wait. there is still hope people.

Ticketmaster is a joke though, obviously very little money gone into the infrastructure of the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Just got an email from TM to say tickets are still available...if anyone didn't get sorted.

Just so I'm clear on this, is it a requirement to bring a confirmation slip to the venue as well as tix, card and ID? It was included earlier but I can't see where it says the bit about confirmation email any longer. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Galway standing tickets available just now on Ticketmaster website (I searched for 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 vickser

Bought tickets for a friend. I will be giving her my CC, the confirmation email and a copy of my ID. Well this be enough to get her entry to the gig as I will not be going? Or will I now have to go to the gig too?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Folks there still tickets available for Sunday.

I've got through twice after getting 3 already for Suday.

Only retried as some other family members needed them

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

I waited 3 hours and half gave up. Thanks to the people of Boards, I decided to open up new tabs and got a seated ticket and 2 standing tickets for Cork on the Friday night! Ticketmaster was just slow and now things are freeing up now so keep trying if you still didn't get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

straight in for 4 in Dublin Wed..i would say lots left and lots will be available before the shows, no way he'll sell out 40k 2 nights in Dublin.

does anyone know what diff is in phoenix park for a GA1 (€81) and GA2 (€75) ticket - will the standing area be divided up?

Bulmers wrote: »
    straight in for 4 in Dublin Wed..i would say lots left and lots will be available before the shows, no way he'll sell out 40k 2 nights in Dublin.

Of course he will. He's the biggest pop star on the planet right now.

Haha people queuing outside since yesterday, I just opened the laltop at 1.15, picked Galway on Saturday and it immediately went through.

Bought in 5mins from picking the show.

Having said that while the laptop started I was on the phone and that was queuing until I backed out when the laptop got in.

Maybe give up on the mobile site if anyone is queuing.

• Advertisement

Haha people queuing outside since yesterday, I just opened the laltop at 1.15, picked Galway on Saturday and it immediately went through.

Bought in 5mins from picking the show.

Having said that while the laptop started I was on the phone and that was queuing until I backed out when the laptop got in.

Maybe give up on the mobile site if anyone is queuing.

Yeah I was trying on the mobile site and app for over an hour and a half and got nowhere. Hopped onto the website and was sorted in under 5 minutes.

These megafans who queue for days on end will never learn.

Advertisement