Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

wacotaco wrote: »
    Did they bother putting the names on the tickets in-store or just throw the tickets out? I imagine it was mayhem at 9am

The last time I bought tickets in person they asked for my name and it was printed on the tickets even though it was a regular gig with no ID restrictions so I'd imagine they did the same this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Ticketmasters queuing system is totally random despite what they tell us.. In a queue “sitting tight” on both my laptop and my hubbies laptop from 9.00 sharp.. Decided to refresh my laptop at 11.20 despite Ticketmaster saying “don’t refresh”, “you’ll lose your spot”
    10mins later I had my tickets.. My hubbies PC was still “sitting tight”..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

The app is still showing standing tickets for dublin on Wednesday night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Would appear from the ticketmaster website that only Wednesday in Dublin tickets are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

wacotaco wrote: »
    Did they bother putting the names on the tickets in-store or just throw the tickets out? I imagine it was mayhem at 9am

Yes surname on tickets from ticketmaster outlet in Cork, happy I queued now for 5 hours as app and site on phone kept crashing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just for ****s and giggles i said i'd leave this window open after i'd already gotten my tickets this morning, this is the first tab i opened at 9:00am.

8hrs and 52mins later and it's still saying sit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Tried on ticketmaster website from 9-10:15 then got fed up of website crashing so gave up. Tried at 11:30 got two tickets straight away no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

eeloe wrote: »
    Just for ****s and giggles i said i'd leave this window open after i'd already gotten my tickets this morning, this is the first tab i opened at 9:00am.

8hrs and 52mins later and it's still saying sit tight.
    Hang in there....:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Out of curiosity just checked again, and can get 2 standing for the Friday in Dublin still. Definitely some shenanigans going on earlier in the day, as TM have easily sold similar volumes in much less time without the issues today previously!

EDIT: gone now after I checked could more be gotten

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Still Dublin tickets available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Still dublin tickets available standing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Still dublin tickets available standing
    yeah, I can still get 4 standing for the wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Garrydarragh

I purchased tickets yesterday for The concert on Wednesday 16th of may in the phoenix park. It said they were standing, GA2. So I bought them yet the email says they are "section GA2 row G30 seats 290-291" I tried to find section GA2 on the seating map but could not find it, anyone know about this?

It said they were standing, GA2. So I bought them yet the email says they are "section GA2 row G30 seats 290-291" I tried to find section GA2 on the seating map but could not find it, anyone know about this?

They put seat numbers on standing tickets partially as it is how the inventory system calculates tickets but mostly to confuse people. You've standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Garrydarragh

Toast wrote: »
    They put seat numbers on standing tickets partially as it is how the inventory system calculates tickets but mostly to confuse people. You've standing tickets.

Thanks a mil

mostly to confuse people.
    Does anybody know if they have a vested interest in confusing people. It comes up quite a bit in this forum. They must get hundreds of calls about this issue every day and have done nothing to rectify it, which would be very simple -so I wonder if they make money of it, like on phone calls.

If it was a small company a ridiculous oversight like this might be forgiven as a pair of brainless morons who have not used their own system or got feedback on it, but for a company worth billions it smacks of being scam. I wonder if TM have an entire "confidence trick" department, certainly seems like it with recent gigs. Pixies being the last one I saw dubious trickery in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So is Ed Sheeran quite popular then.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

So is Ed Sheeran quite popular then.

Seemingly not as popular as he would like to think. Still plenty of tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

phonypony wrote: »
    Seemingly not as popular as he would like to think. Still plenty of tickets available.

Ah come on, six shows out of seven sold out is hardly indicative of overshooting the mark. Most of the remaining tickets will be flogged within the next 10 months anyway, Christmas gifting will eat most of them up if they remain by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ah come on, six shows out of seven sold out is hardly indicative of overshooting the mark. Most of the remaining tickets will be flogged within the next 10 months anyway, Christmas gifting will eat most of them up if they remain by then.

They aren't really sold out ,you do know that ? Its just marketing guff.
    There will be plenty of extra tickets magically released between now and next May .

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they have a vested interest in confusing people. It comes up quite a bit in this forum. They must get hundreds of calls about this issue every day and have done nothing to rectify it, which would be very simple.

It is on their FAQ so they are aware of it. For several years they had their website misspelled on tickets as ticketmuster.ie (you can see it on this picture just about the barcode on the right http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3340208/original/?width=630&version=3340208 ) and only fixed it on the redesign of the tickets to white from blue so I would probably attribute this more to incompetence rather than malicious intent.

It is on their FAQ so they are aware of it. For several years they had their website misspelled on tickets as ticketmuster.ie (you can see it on this picture just about the barcode on the right http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3340208/original/?width=630&version=3340208 ) and only fixed it on the redesign of the tickets to white from blue so I would probably attribute this more to incompetence rather than malicious intent.

You had me check some old tickets... ticketmuster it is!

Yeah, he's doing alright, I'm probably being a little cynical. But, with the way recent sales for gigs have been going, I'd estimate about 70% of tickets are allocated for those 'sold-out' shows. I do believe they (management, promoters) have either over-estimated his popularity or, more likely, are mindful that he's probably peaked and it's the last chance to milk it to such an extent. He's not my cup of tea, but I do appreciate his style, he certainly did well in Glasto, I didn't expect his show to work so well there. I'd even call it brave to book him for Sunday-night headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dublin Wednesday sold out now, so that's all of them I think.

I doubt they got 1000s of calls about the ticketmuster thing though. I never saw a single thread about it where someone was worried about it.

I cannot see anything about the standing thing on their FAQ on the .ie site, only the .com.
    Dublin Wednesday sold out now
    With their recent antics I think the correct term is "ticketmaster are currently withholding tickets for sale"...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I wonder how the people paying 200-300 on viagogo will get into the gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

None or close to it

Seems a lot of tickets don’t even exist and the fact that touting for this event is in the spotlight I would say they will be strict on ID

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/concert-promoter-warns-of-touts-selling-fake-ed-sheeran-tickets-797106.html

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Incase anyone's interested - news on more UK dates today at 4pm, go on sale tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hi All
    Got tickets for ed sheeran in Phoenix park. I can't make out the seating plan at all.
    Our order says section GA1 , row G19 . Does anyone know where this is?

Advertisement