Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

er1983 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Got tickets for ed sheeran in Phoenix park. I can't make out the seating plan at all.
    Our order says section GA1 , row G19 . Does anyone know where this is?

You're standing. GA is general admission.
    The number is just for counting purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hi All
    It's ok. Just checked the faq section on ticketmaster . Any ticket that says pitch or ga is standing. They do put row and seat numbers on them automatically just so they know how many tickets sold, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

More Irish dates being announced tomorrow, on sale Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Muir wrote: »

Cork Opera House maybe ?

Definitely?
    He says European dates?...

I doubt he'll add more Irish.. didbt sell straight away.. more is a risk

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Definitely?
    He says European dates?...

I doubt he'll add more Irish.. didbt sell straight away.. more is a risk

His manager said he's announcing more Irish dates tomorrow, and they go on sale Saturday.

His manager said he's announcing more Irish dates tomorrow, and they go on sale Saturday.

Ah okay!

Strange decision...

Limerick maybe in the running?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ah okay!

Strange decision...

Limerick maybe in the running?

I doubt it for Limerick, they said before that new dates might be announced for venues already announced, but no new venues.

I thought it was strange myself, I wonder if the queuing delays online might have impacted on the sales at all. I know a few people who want to go, but don't have the money at the moment, so I'd say even if they don't sell out now they might closer to Christmas/the actual concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

More gigs!? Surely not. The first gigs just barely sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

MadYaker wrote: »
    Barely?
    The shows aren't for another 10 months.

• Advertisement

ts_editor wrote: »
    Barely?
    The shows aren't for another 10 months.

Majority of tickets are sold immediately though..

Like anyone who really wanted a ticket picked one up, they were available up until today,, more shows is just over kill

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

More shows? Bloody hell surely anyone who wanted a ticket has got one by now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gap between the 2 Dublin nights, so that will surely be one.
    will probably sell out eventually, lots of people who didn't have the money straight away will be able to pick one up with a bit of saving.

There are loads of fans who'll buy for extra dates given more time to afford it. People will buy for Christmas etc. I thought it was pretty short notice for money for people (especially big families or young fans) given the 3arena gigs were so recently.

There do seem to be a few people on social media hoping for extra dates too so there is some demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Understandable for Cork but isn't there still seats available for the Wednesday in dublin?

zetalambda wrote: »
    Understandable for Cork but isn't there still seats available for the Wednesday in dublin?

No, it sold out too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MadYaker wrote: »
    anna080 wrote: »
    More shows? Bloody hell surely anyone who wanted a ticket has got one by now
    Some might go to more than once, people going to one place might travel to Dublin/Cork for another.

The Dublin one last to sell out was a wednesday, the newly announced one is a saturday so I reckon it will easily sell, and its understandable why the wednesday was slow to sell. People might have to take time off work and deal with kids. People can spend the entire saturday getting there. Its quite comment to see people moaning about weekday gigs.

They were clever to release the wednesday & friday first. Kings of Leon messed up and announced their third date, a tuesday, last and were resorting to selling them 2 for the price of 1 for three customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Absolutely no interest in that type of music but I see no Limerick date whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Absolutely no interest in that type of music but I see no Limerick date whatsoever

Why should there be? Galway, Cork, Dublin and Belfast pretty much covers the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 steveydon

Lads apologies if this has been asked, there was a miscommunication between me and someone who was away on hols who I thought wanted tickets, turns out she doesnt want them, and with this extra anti-touting stuff in play is there any way I can legitimately put them into someone elses name? Or am I stuck with them? Cheers

Irish_rat wrote: »

limerick was wanted apparently but Munster said no as the dates in question would have corresponded with pro 12 playoffs and Munster wouldnt risk damage to the pitch

Was meant to be one of the now cork days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Lads apologies if this has been asked, there was a miscommunication between me and someone who was away on hols who I thought wanted tickets, turns out she doesnt want them, and with this extra anti-touting stuff in play is there any way I can legitimately put them into someone elses name? Or am I stuck with them? Cheers

You'd have to go if the tickets were bought online in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You'd have to go if the tickets were bought online in your name.

Surely an 80 year old granny wouldn't have to go if she bought tickets for her grandkids?
    Must be a way around it?

http://blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/ed-sheeran-irish-tour-2018-faqs-7138?_ga=2.76259925.1585348613.1499765826-964870088.1484573436
    Q: Can you only buy tickets with a credit/debit card?
    A: Tickets may be purchased without a credit/debit card by going to your local Ticketmaster outlet. Find outlets here.

Q: How many tickets can I buy?
    A: There is a limit of 4 per order/transaction
    **please note: People are asked to purchase tickets for their own use and attendance to this event. **

Q: What are the age restrictions?
    A: Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult of 18+. We advise parents with small children to purchase seated tickets where possible.

Q: What if we wish to attend as a group/family larger than 4 people?
    A: A separate transaction will need to be made with another credit card.

Q: What do I do if my parent buys me a ticket on their card and they do not wish to attend the show?
    A: Please purchase tickets in the cardholder’s name and on the day of the show please provide the attending party with the credit card, or a photocopy/photo of the card used at the time of booking. You will also need to bring along a valid ID to reflect family name.

Q: What are the entry requirements?
    A: For tickets purchased online: To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.
    For tickets purchased in outlets: Whether you have paid by cash or credit card your name will be printed on your tickets and you will be required to bring valid ID, or a photocopy, to gain access to the show.

They seem to think a child's parents will always have the same surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »

The irony of the whole thing is that none of these ID restrictions are even necessary as Sheeran has completely saturated the market .
    It was always his intention to do this ,he did the same thing in Australia and New Zealand ,continuously adding more concerts until he saturated the market.
    Its good that he is doing loads of concerts as he will satisfy demand though.

Surely an 80 year old granny wouldn't have to go if she bought tickets for her grandkids?

Guess she would have had to buy them at an outlet and if the last name matches then she should be fine.
    Must be a way around it?
    Not according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

In the UK he's teamed up with a ticket re-sale site so fans can re-sell to others at face value (http://edsheeran.twickets.co.uk/) but unfortunately seems to only be for UK dates. Considering there's 8 Irish dates (not including Belfast as they can avail of this), there's bound to be a huge amount of people wanting to sell on their tickets closer to the date so it's a shame this hasn't been extended to Ireland.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The irony of the whole thing is that none of these ID restrictions are even necessary as Sheeran has completely saturated the market.
    I think it is necessary, I have little doubt that if no restrictions were in place that the likes of the wednesday croke park gig would have sold out very fast.

It not only puts off touts but people buying on behalf of others who are not even 80% sure of going -which is a huge part of the problem.
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Guess she would have had to buy them at an outlet and if the last name matches then she should be fine.
    Yep, but I pointed out the parents surname might not match the kids, let alone the grandparents. Seems like they are presumptuous and hoping things are similar enough to how they were 40+ years ago -women taking their husbands surname, people being married before having kids, no step children who may have different surnames etc.

Loads of feasible ways to combat touting of course, but sure why would a billion dollar company bother their hole.

• Advertisement

I pointed out the parents surname might not match the kids, let alone the grandparents. Seems like they are presumptuous and hoping things are similar enough to how they were 40+ years ago -women taking their husbands surname, people being married before having kids, no step children who may have different surnames etc.

If problem, then let the person going buy their own tickets instead.
    Were on sale long enough.

Advertisement