Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

not gonna bother go in early for that .....
    Queens on around 9.15 i guess?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »
    greenspurs wrote: »
    redzor wrote: »
    Broncho will support them on their European tour

Underwhelming ........ :rolleyes:

God , they are awful , not to my liking ........

You had it the first time, they're awful! Who was it last time in Dublin? I guess they could cheap out on support with gigs nearly sold out everywhere

Sweethead.

They were awful too.

Oh yeah, was bitterly disappointed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Randomly managed to get 2 seated tickets in section D on Thursday on TM itself. Havent seen one single then though, kept checking but always saying nothing there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Have any of ye been keeping an eye on the setlists recently? Think they've been a bit underwhelming myself, very formulaic. Last few have all started with the same seven songs in a row.. hoping it's a good sign that it's like this so early as they might change things up by the time they get to Europe.

My feelings could also be due to the fact I find the recent album fairly average in general.. it'll be hard to live up to the 2013 gig anyway, that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Have any of ye been keeping an eye on the setlists recently? Think they've been a bit underwhelming myself, very formulaic. Last few have all started with the same seven songs in a row.. hoping it's a good sign that it's like this so early as they might change things up by the time they get to Europe.

My feelings could also be due to the fact I find the recent album fairly average in general.. it'll be hard to live up to the 2013 gig anyway, that was great.

Which wasn't a patch on the 2011 gig.

New album has been doing nothing for me. I'm gutted tbh as they have one of the greatest back catalogues of any band I love. QOTSA is still a banger of an album after all these years. The Bronze live will stay with me as a "wtf, never thought I'd hear that live" moment.

The setlists as you say have been underwhelming. Had decided to opt out when they went on sale and even as the gig gets closer I'm getting no urge to bother sussing a ticket. Shame. Cos they've never been anything but great live when I've seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Which wasn't a patch on the 2011 gig.

New album has been doing nothing for me. I'm gutted tbh as they have one of the greatest back catalogues of any band I love. QOTSA is still a banger of an album after all these years. The Bronze live will stay with me as a "wtf, never thought I'd hear that live" moment.

The setlists as you say have been underwhelming. Had decided to opt out when they went on sale and even as the gig gets closer I'm getting no urge to bother sussing a ticket. Shame. Cos they've never been anything but great live when I've seen them.

Honestly am so annoyed I missed the 2011 gig. Became a big qotsa fan in roughly July 2011, after only knowing a few tunes for a few years.. only two months after that gig :(

Honestly am so annoyed I missed the 2011 gig. Became a big qotsa fan in roughly July 2011, after only knowing a few tunes for a few years.. only two months after that gig :(

Well you missed a special special gig. One of my all time favourite gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Well I for one really like the new album and think the setlists look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Well you missed a special special gig. One of my all time favourite gigs.

the one in the Ambassador ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

They seem to be starting with the same ones, but second half is varied a bit. I would call it a very solid lineup of songs. 3-4 off Songs for the Deaf, Mexicola or Avon would be nice.
    They should drop Monsters in the Parasol, worst song on R.
    Tour stats:
    https://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/queens-of-the-stone-age-1bd689ec.html?tour=Villains

• Advertisement

The one in the Olympia.

Ambo gig was 2008 wasn't it, part of the Era Vulgaris tour?

The one in the Olympia.

Ambo gig was 2008 wasn't it, part of the Era Vulgaris tour?

2011 was great, indeed at the Olympia. Better Living Through Chemistry....christ what a night!

Liking the current setlists, varied enough while obviously sticking to the new album. Do no the earlier US setlists were better (Turning on the Screw), but always a surprise song played which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Ive seen every show in Ireland since the Ambo in 2002. The best shows here were the last one in '13 and maybe Slane. As a "piece" the double header in 2008 was choc full of goodness.

In other news, JH's knee is faercked again. No bueno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Wooderson wrote: »
    Ive seen every show in Ireland since the Ambo in 2002. The best shows here were the last one in '13 and maybe Slane. As a "piece" the double header in 2008 was choc full of goodness.

In other news, JH's knee is faercked again. No bueno.

2002 and 2011 were the best for me, at this stage I've seen them play all the songs I love so I'm not too bothered about the setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Wooderson

LostArt wrote: »
    2002 and 2011 were the best for me, at this stage I've seen them play all the songs I love so I'm not too bothered about the setlist

Any gig where "Mosquito" gets an airing goes to the top of the list. ;)

Agree with you that Bronze/Handmodel etc were treats to hear in 2011 however.

Euro tour starts tonight, not too long to wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

redzor wrote: »
    Broncho will support them on their European tour
    :rolleyes: I saw that Wolf Alice were supporting them on their US tour next year and I got my hopes up, then I saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Have to 2 tickets already, looking for another standing if something pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

I've listed two seated tickets for face value on viagogo if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Face value plus fees. You should put on toutless.com if you want to sell for actual cost price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

You stupid touting wa....oh wait, face value :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I have a print at home ticket which I may have to sell (I'll know for certain next week). Is there any way of selling this? I know I would be reluctant to buy a PDF ticket 3rd party myself.

So now I know I will have to sell this. Do toutless allow PDF ticket sales?

So now I know I will have to sell this. Do toutless allow PDF ticket sales?

Ticketswap is your friend. Great site for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Brilliant, thanks. I listed it and within moments it was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I've a printed ticket that I need to sell, been swamped with work and i forgot all about it. I logged onto ticketswap but I don't have the PDF of ticket... when I log into ticketmaster on phone it won't allow me to access ticket fast... I'm assuming that means ticketswap isn't an option or am I just so brain fried from work I can't figure this out?

thalia_13 wrote: »
    I've a printed ticket that I need to sell, been swamped with work and i forgot all about it. I logged onto ticketswap but I don't have the PDF of ticket... when I log into ticketmaster on phone it won't allow me to access ticket fast... I'm assuming that means ticketswap isn't an option or am I just so brain fried from work I can't figure this out?

Seems you just need a pdf reader on your phone. Or log in on full site on phone and should be able to access the ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

xxyyzz wrote: »
    :rolleyes: I saw that Wolf Alice were supporting them on their US tour next year and I got my hopes up, then I saw this.

Wolf Alice are in the Olympia this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Plenty of tickets popping up on Toutless. No to feed the official touting sites. I got two standing yesterday on Toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Lads,I bought tickets with my ladys credit card, but we are not married. Shes not coming, but her name is printed on the ticket. Is there going to be a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yep, a member here sold me theirs for face value the other day after I posted up that I was looking for one :)

Advertisement