Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,284 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That gig poster...its Finsbury Park alright. Support is Iggy Pop, Run the Jewels and the Hives.

Good to hear positive reports now

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Are Broncho definitely the only support act on the night?

This, below, from Irish Times, says QOTSA not on stage till 9pm:

What time does everything kick off?
    Doors open at 6.30pm and support will come from Broncho, who will kick things off at 7.30pm. QOTSA are expected on stage at 9pm. These times are subject to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

7:30 - 8:15, 45 minute turnaround. Wouldn’t be too far off I’d say.

Although I’d say 7:45 - 8:20 would be closer to reality for the support.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

23795435_10155985481072806_1393480939550486728_n.jpg?oh=9c136ad298b1323caf6be0668a12e964&oe=5A8C2148

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Says they played in 2015 in the op. Did they play the 3 arena? Must have completely missed it as I would have went.

• Advertisement

Gijoseph wrote: »
    Says they played in 2015 in the op. Did they play the 3 arena? Must have completely missed it as I would have went.

Was the debut album anniversary gig in the Olympia 2015? Can’t remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

OP is lifted from entertainment.ie who are spoofers :D

Played Belsonic in 14, prior to that was Nov 13 an arena show in both Dublin &Belfast, 2011 was the debut album show in Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

Roland27 wrote: »
    Are Broncho definitely the only support act on the night?

This, below, from Irish Times, says QOTSA not on stage till 9pm:

What time does everything kick off?
    Doors open at 6.30pm and support will come from Broncho, who will kick things off at 7.30pm. QOTSA are expected on stage at 9pm. These times are subject to change.

The Qotsa fb/instagram posts the stage times each morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They played 2013 on the like clockwork tour. Almost exactly 4 years ago. It popped up in my FB feed last week.
    Was the debut album anniversary gig in the Olympia 2015? Can’t remember.

That gig was 2011. May 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭fluke

Was at the London O2 gig last night....was unreal. As good, if not better, than their 2013 show. They also played "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" for the first time on tis tour - which made my night.

I was there too. Was a great show!

• Advertisement

They played 2013 on the like clockwork tour. Almost exactly 4 years ago. It popped up in my FB feed last week.

That gig was 2011. May 2011.

That olympia gig was unreal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Still regret selling my ticket for that gig :(

I remember being on ticket bastard first thing and nabbed 2. I remember the touts where selling them on for 120 euro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I didn't get tickets to this gig, out of curiosity went on TM offered great tickets in block B , Too late to alter plans with work though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

One of my favourite gigs of all time. Astounding night. A less than astounding morning the next day. The drive to my mates wedding in Slane was a disaster.

Ya eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Looking for 1 standing ticket if anyone can oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Raoul

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Looking for 1 standing ticket if anyone can oblige.

Get onto me later on today. I have a mate that might not be going. Not sure yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Is the curfew for the 3arena not 11PM?

I'd say qotsa will be on for 8:45 and finish up by 10:45, don't think I've ever been to a gig past 11 in the 3arena and qotsa usually play over two hours so starting before 9 would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Tour looks a bit of a bummer. Seen a few complaints that they’re sloppy as fuke at the mo. Setlist v static also. When people are getting amped at Lost Art tour debuts you know there’s issues. Not sure whether the lift to arenas has helped them tbh. 14th time seeing them tomorrow so will reserve judgement...

Wooderson wrote: »
    Tour looks a bit of a bummer. Seen a few complaints that they’re sloppy as fuke at the mo. Setlist v static also. When people are getting amped at Lost Art tour debuts you know there’s issues. Not sure whether the lift to arenas has helped them tbh. 14th time seeing them tomorrow so will reserve judgement...

I've heard they're on fire. Do think the Set list so far is static, probably struggled with a flow when putting in new songs in US tour. In fairness, theres still a decent mix in there to cover everyone. They did fine in arenas last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Mushy wrote: »
    I've heard they're on fire. Do think the Set list so far is static, probably struggled with a flow when putting in new songs in US tour. In fairness, theres still a decent mix in there to cover everyone. They did fine in arenas last time.

Queens have mixed things up their entire career. This static tour set is a new concept. It’s not welcome.

Mushy wrote: »

Queens have mixed things up their entire career. This static tour set is a new concept. It’s not welcome.

I know. Its why I think they struggled on first leg of tour so are sticking with it for now. Can see the next leg being very different

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

I'm also looking for a standing ticket if anyone can help. A mate bought one on seat wave as a surprise for another mate, the packet went missing and is currently somewhere in Tokyo ... Good old UPS :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

laros wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a standing ticket if anyone can help. A mate bought one on seat wave as a surprise for another mate, the packet went missing and is currently somewhere in Tokyo ... Good old UPS :-(

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28296&start=270

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Guardian begs to differ. 5*:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/19/queens-of-the-stone-age-review-wembley-arena-london

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Are there any restrictions on bags or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Raoul

Last gig I was at in the 3Arena you could only bring in a bag the size of an A4 sheet (obviously it can be of a great depth though :P)

I have a spare ticket for the gig if anyone needs one, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

All reports so far is they are on fire, not sure what you are on about ??

Unless you’re going to multiple gigs, I don’t see a problem with a static set list. I haven’t looked at the set lists for this tour so tonight it’s going to be fresh for me.

I’d wonder does playing arenas and having the lighting set up for certain songs make it easier to keep the same order for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

One spare standing for face value if anyone is looking? €57 including ticketbastard tax.

Advertisement