Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8:45 start time tonight for Queens according to their Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,283 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unreal poster for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

hots wrote: »
    One spare standing for face value if anyone is looking? €57 including ticketbastard tax.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mushy wrote: »
    Unreal poster for it too

It is indeed...

23799886_10155992331182806_6208762457382495314_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f4ebd45ff73f2c78d6cd6253b4cd1028&oe=5AA75322

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Wooderson

s8n wrote: »
    All reports so far is they are on fire, not sure what you are on about ??

I've seen the setlists. Theyre 90-95% the exact same every night. Thats not the usual routine with this gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Anywhere going to be playing Queen's tunes afterwards. I'll be in the mood to boogie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Wooderson wrote: »
    I've seen the setlists. Theyre 90-95% the exact same every night. Thats not the usual routine with this gang.

It doesn't seem like you are reserving judgement. I find best thing to do is not bother looking up previous reviews. It will only taint your opinion.

Raoul wrote: »
    It doesn't seem like you are reserving judgement. I find best thing to do is not bother looking up previous reviews. It will only taint your opinion.

Its my 14th or 15th Queens gig mate, I've followed the entire tour. Very little in the way of surprises from them.

I'm still keen-as for the show, but expected them to kick on from the '13 tour.

Raoul wrote: »

Its my 14th or 15th Queens gig mate, I've followed the entire tour. Very little in the way of surprises from them.

I'm still keen-as for the show, but expected them to kick on from the '13 tour.

I can see where youre coming from, but at least it's the first time that's happened though. I still feel they're struggling with fitting the new songs into the set so stuck with one set to get them through the tour. If it's the same next summer I'd be disappointed for sure, it's not the way they do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Arghus wrote: »
    Anywhere going to be playing Queen's tunes afterwards. I'll be in the mood to boogie.

Cassidy's on Westmoreland Street and PMacs on Stephen's Street, the owners are big fans, QOTSA posters in all their pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Tour looks a bit of a bummer. Seen a few complaints that they’re sloppy as fuke at the mo. Setlist v static also. When people are getting amped at Lost Art tour debuts you know there’s issues. Not sure whether the lift to arenas has helped them tbh. 14th time seeing them tomorrow so will reserve judgement...

I love the way you say all that, then "so will reserve judgement" :rolleyes::D

Enjoy the bloody gig, leave the "art critic" reviews until after it .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Where could you buy a copy of that poster? merch stand or elsewhere?

Hmmm ....
    Drive to Red Cow, and get Luas straight in ?
    Or drive the whole way in?
    City centre will be Mental? Would be hitting Red Cow at 7pm ish. ... ....

greenspurs wrote: »
    I love the way you say all that, then "so will reserve judgement" :rolleyes::D

Enjoy the bloody gig, leave the "art critic" reviews until after it .....

TF?

Sound. We'll post nothing but vacuous guff on this forum about them to keep mongs like you happy. Cheers.

TF?

Sound. We'll post nothing but vacuous guff on this forum about them to keep mongs like you happy. Cheers.

Oooohh ...... "anger is an energy" ...
    Maybe post things that dont contradict what you are posting!

Oooohh ...... "anger is an energy" ...
    Maybe post things that dont contradict what you are posting!

I'll post what I want to chief. Keep up the ignorant banter though. Highly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Hope all going tonight have a great one!  Enjoy! :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

For the record, the show last night looked fantastic. Long time since "Headache" was played in Ireland.

Where could you buy a copy of that poster? merch stand or elsewhere?

Merch stand, but it'll be fairly limited

For the record, the show last night looked fantastic. Long time since "Headache" was played in Ireland.

I'd love it if we got that set or the Amsterdam one. I really want Unreborn Again played tonight

• Advertisement

I'd love it if we got that set or the Amsterdam one. I really want Unreborn Again played tonight

Have they given "Hideaway" a spin yet? I'd love that to debut here.

Other than that, Quit Me Baby? Their best song IMO.

Haven't seen it on any lists that I recall. A debut would be nice but probably least favourite off the album.

If we were to get a tour debut that may seem likely (so seemingly Rated R songs), I'd love Auto Pilot. But I'm in fear of a short set now even though the songs will be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

have a spare standing, drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    One spare standing for face value if anyone is looking? €57 including ticketbastard tax.

Still available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Anyone selling tickets try toutless.com. You'll get more traction there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I'm sure they did a few weeks ago when they were touring the states, doubt we'll see a song off Villains played for the first time tonight as it's the last date of this leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hmmm ....
    Drive to Red Cow, and get Luas straight in ?
    Or drive the whole way in?
    City centre will be Mental? Would be hitting Red Cow at 7pm ish. ... ....

I would do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Oxegen 2005 I think it was. I remember the place going off when it went into the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Gijoseph wrote: »
    Oxegen 2005 I think it was. I remember the place going off when it went into the lead.

Actually I think they played it in the ulster hall 2007

• Advertisement

I'm sure they did a few weeks ago when they were touring the states, doubt we'll see a song off Villains played for the first time tonight as it's the last date of this leg.

Dont think so. Its yet to be performed live.

Advertisement