Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dylar

This gig is in November! There'll be plenty of tickets on Toutless, Adverts etc in the weeks before. Be patient and don't feed the touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

But wasnt the Iron Maiden gig in the Point a paperless ticket gig ?
    As best i can remember? People that bought the tickets, had to scan their credit card that bought the tickets, on their way in
    ( i think thats correct ?) so it was very hard (impossible?) for touts to resell ?

(That could be a record amount of ??? in a post ...... ) :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Dylar wrote: »
    This gig is in November! There'll be plenty of tickets on Toutless, Adverts etc in the weeks before. Be patient and don't feed the touts.

My thoughts exactly, I didn't have the money for the tickets right now but I'd imagine there will be plenty knocking about around the time of the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

greenspurs wrote: »
    But wasnt the Iron Maiden gig in the Point a paperless ticket gig ?
    As best i can remember? People that bought the tickets, had to scan their credit card that bought the tickets, on their way in
    ( i think thats correct ?) so it was very hard (impossible?) for touts to resell ?

(That could be a record amount of ??? in a post ...... ) :)

I thought the Maiden gig worked quite well, regarding touting anyway. I know it took longer to get in than usual but worth the inconvenience I thought.

Having said that I was always going to go so I'd say people who had something come up or had a genuine reason to sell and couldn't go were annoyed that they couldn't flog on their tickets.

Having said that I was always going to go so I'd say people who had something come up or had a genuine reason to sell and couldn't go were annoyed that they couldn't flog on their tickets.

Tough cookie ? ...
    It needs steps like that to stop the Touts and ticketbast€rd from making money from double/triple charging people.
    More bands should be doing it, but id imagine once they are getting their appearance, they dont care really ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Cky have released a new album, don't know what way they're touring but I could see them opening on some dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I missed out on standing tickets. I'll see if I can pick a couple up closer to the time.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭muddle84

Does anybody know what bands are playing support at this gig yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think it's a band called Bronx or something like that. Nothing inspirational or exciting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cky have released a new album, don't know what way they're touring but I could see them opening on some dates.

Playing the Voodoo Lounge 16 of December, In Belfast the following night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Yeah I got a ticket for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jobhunter101

I just got two seated tickets on viagogo. They obviousy have someone elses name on them, will I be okay to get in? Also how easy is it to sneak into standing? Am I better to go early then head to standing after going for a smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I just got two seated tickets on viagogo. They obviousy have someone elses name on them, will I be okay to get in? Also how easy is it to sneak into standing? Am I better to go early then head to standing after going for a smoke?

How much did you pay for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Possibly have to sell my ticket to this, standing, obviously will sell at price I paid for it.... Anyone know best way to advertise/sell?

Edited to add, saw the sticky, will try adverts and toutless. (used neither before so if anyone recommends a preferred site, I'd be grateful)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Possibly have to sell my ticket to this, standing, obviously will sell at price I paid for it.... Anyone know best way to advertise/sell?

Interested here, how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

thalia_13 wrote: »

Edited to add, saw the sticky, will try adverts and toutless. (used neither before so if anyone recommends a preferred site, I'd be grateful)

Adverts can be a jungle at time. I've always had good experiences with Toutless. I have PM'd you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I have a print at home ticket which I may have to sell (I'll know for certain next week). Is there any way of selling this? I know I would be reluctant to buy a PDF ticket 3rd party myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I have a print at home ticket which I may have to sell (I'll know for certain next week). Is there any way of selling this? I know I would be reluctant to buy a PDF ticket 3rd party myself.

Tricky, it can be hit and miss. Some will take the chance and buy it but you always have that horrible feeling you are going to be turned away at the entrance. I have bought pdfs in the past but I have met the person at their home to buy it and they had a history of posts on toutless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Standing or seated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Anyone know who are supporting Queens of the Stone Age on the night??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone know who are supporting Queens of the Stone Age on the night??

Broncho

• Registered Users Posts: 23 redzor

Broncho will support them on their European tour

redzor wrote: »

Underwhelming ........ :rolleyes:

God , they are awful , not to my liking ........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You had it the first time, they're awful! Who was it last time in Dublin? I guess they could cheap out on support with gigs nearly sold out everywhere

Mushy wrote: »
    You had it the first time, they're awful! Who was it last time in Dublin? I guess they could cheap out on support with gigs nearly sold out everywhere

Can't remember their name but it was Troy's side project that supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Sweethead.

They were awful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Can't remember their name but it was Troy's side project that supported.

I thought it was just that his wife was their vocalist? Never realised Troy was part of it.

I thought it was just that his wife was their vocalist? Never realised Troy was part of it.

Maybe you're right. I can't remember exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I thought Troy was a part of it too.

They were diabolical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I thought Troy was a part of it too.

They were diabolical!
    His missus was looking well though!!

Advertisement